View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time dxm dose?

Roachmon95

Bluelighter
hows it going? So im a 180 pound male and id like to give DXM a try. I have little psychedelic experience in my past. I've take morning glory seeds twice but that about it. I was just wondering what a good dose for a medium to high first plateau trip would be? I want to be careful with this one because im prone to anxiety so I don't want to be overwhelmed my first time. Any responses would be greatly appreciated!!

A typical first time dose is around 300mg of dextromethorphan hydrobromide. Make sure you take the liquid as the cough gels take a long time to dissolve and really delay the trip. Also make sure dxm is the only active ingredient, no Apap in it. The gueffassian ingredient is alright to have in it, it may cause a bit of nausea tho.

300mg is perfect. It's what i first took. It's a bit boring without potentiators. smoke some weed then when you're ready try 600mg. That's where it's fun on its own pretty much

So you think 300 is low enough that i'll avoid the negative aspects of psychs? like i said it's my first time so I don't want to plunge into anything near a 3rd or fourth plateau trip, and id like to avoid anxiety/ bad trip etc.

look the fact that you are harping on the fact that you are prone to anxiety attacks n shit shows you may not be ready for hallucinogens.

everyone is prone to anxiety attacks. some people just work themselves up easier than others. you CANNOT be like this on hallucinogens for what you think manifests into your trip. hence "psychedelic" means mind-manifesting. You can't be afraid of what can get you high.

Good luck and fly safe!

im not afraid of the substance itself, I just want to avoid overshooting my dose the first time around. yah know?

a high first plateau trip for you would be 200mg. Note that most of the time people over-shoot the first plateau and land in the 2nd. It's hard to hit the first.

well do not worry about your anxiety. Nothing beneficial can be accomplished by worrying about your anxiety

i thought the guanafessin was bad for the liver? or something. are you sure it's safe? i have a bottle but idk if it'll work out. also does anyone know if an ssri will reduce the intensity of DXM; i'm on abilify and celexa.

Have you taken it at medicinal doses in the past at least? I was planning a dxm trip a while back, but I got sick; so I took a medicinal dose for sleep. I woke up at 4am tripping balls in a very unsettling way. I am allergic to dxm I found out. Might wana make sure you test yourself for that too, rather than wind up 20 pills too deep without knowing if you'll get ill or not.

i thought the guanafessin was bad for the liver? or something. are you sure it's safe? i have a bottle but idk if it'll work out. also does anyone know if an ssri will reduce the intensity of DXM; i'm on abilify and celexa.

either gtfo those pills or u can't take dxm. You'll be at high risk for Serotonin Syndrome. This can be fatal

1st time:

go for 2nd plateau if ur with ppl, enjoy the anti-gravity

3rd plateau if ur alone in your room + music

So I took 210mg about an hour and a half ago and im still not feeling much. Would it be safe to re dose at this point or should I ride it out a little longer?

I've been told that taking dxm while on SSRIs can be fatal. Also puts you at high risk for serotonin syndrome.

Be careful.

Find yourself some mushrooms.