Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Time Doing Shrooms

macarism

Greenlighter
Hello everyone! :)

This is my very first post, as I have read many threads about different experiences and information regarding certain substances that I'm interested in on this website and have finally pulled the trigger on creating an account!

I've done a lot of research online regarding psychedelic mushrooms and have read various opinions and experiences regarding the substance. It's to my knowledge that you can get somewhat of an idea regarding this supernatural plant online, but you really have to take it for yourself to understand what this adventure is all about! =D

I'm eager to get my hands on a gram or so to find out for myself. BUT, I have a couple concerns about my potential experience; I understand body chemistry, set, setting, dosage, etc. really play a role in one's experience. I have smoked weed a handful of times in the past with friends and have had varying experiences. There have been times that I had a great time smoking weed and found it to be quite an enjoyable time, while there has also been plenty of times that it simply made me sick and throw up or completely anxious. I haven't really been a fan so far of the body highs that I've gotten from weed, it's always been overwhelming to me and has always ended up in me getting sick (not sure if it's because my body wasn't used to it). I've never really smoked weed consistently and a lot of the times that I did smoke weed later on was with friends who usually had some potent weed. I've been told this is similar to not drinking very much and not having much of a tolerance to alcohol (6-7 shots) and then going out with some friends a couple weeks later and having double or more (12-14 shots) and expecting a similar experience.

I know that weed is VERY different from shrooms, but I just wondered if my past with cannabis could potentially play a role in my enjoyment of this substance. One concern I do have about shrooms is the body high that you get while on them.

I've tripped before on something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than anything like this (I huffed some stuff when I was younger while smoking weed :| - very dumb, I know) and had some very real hallucinations: seeing friends as barby dolls, colors of the room changed, seeing everyone as claymation. I had a WONDERFUL time and wasn't frightened a bit! I know that I've had a good deal with anxiety in the past with cannabis and unless I had something to drink to calm my nerves before smoking, I would usually have a hard time enjoying those couple hours.

Again, I know this is kind of a shot in the dark here because weed is simply a way different experience than shrooms, and also that there are many different variables when it comes to potentially have a good or bad trip.

Also, I want to prevent nausea as best as possible when taking shrooms. I've heard that grinding up the shrooms into a powder helps, taking ginger, making tea. But, I've heard that certain ways of taking shrooms (like making tea) can cause it to more potent, which is not what I want just yet while treading the waters in this arena. ;)

Thanks!!

Hello and welcome to Bluelight! ;)

Its very good of you to try to find info before actually diving in! Most likely you will have a good trip that you might remember for life!
My first mushroom trip was truly magical.

I recommend to abstain from food and supplements on the day you are taking shrooms. Eat light about 4 hours before taking them - some fruits or veggies, plenty of water. For nausea, you can use ginger (fresh, canned, tea, any kind) and mints (have to be with real menthol - menthol helps a lot with nausea).

Dont plan on doing anything responsible and allow yourself to be in the most comfortable settings, whatever that may be. Better to do it with someone who's done it before or with a close friend. Do not do it with people you barely know for your first time.

Do not smoke weed during mushroom trip! If you want, smoke some when it's almost over - you will feel it and it will be enjoyable on the tail end. Smoking during the peak when its new and unfamiliar might really throw you out there with anxiety.

Meditate before taking them, meditation is very simple, just relax and watch your thoughts go by - dont cling into thoughts, let them go by as waves in the river. When mushies are kicking in, put some magical nice psychedelic music, I enjoy Infected Mushrooms a lot - such gorgeous OEVs while listening to them, or whatever makes you feel good. Dont blast it too loud, low volume does the best.

Dont concentrate too much on watching movies and doing other simple stuff - mushies can propel you so high, screw the TV and cellphones on mushrooms! You can really go exploring moons of Jupiter, just let your mind to do what it wants!

Try not to get in conflicts with anyone, and yes, turn off your cellphone, at least for your first trip.

As for dosage, I would prepare 2.5 grams. Take 1.5 grams first and if in an hour - hour and a half you like where you are going, you can eat the rest - thats how my first mushroom trip was.

Most importantly, enjoy yourself and be humble! :D

Welcome to BL! There's not much of a body high, you might went to sit down a bit on the peak, it's not that bad at all. Body high is much more intense on LSD or MDA. A good way to prevent the horrible taste is to make brownies or muffins. My dealer used to sell magic brownies and I loved them.

My few experiences on Shrooms were great and hilarious. Do not expect much hallucinations on a low-normal dose. That's probably the biggest misconception of psychedelics, everyone thinks you see rainbow visuals and hallucinate shit left and right, that's only true on high doses, and it's way more mental/mind/sensory altering then what new users might believe it to be on normal or low doses, with a few visuals here and there.

Anyways, make sure you dose responsibly so you avoid being overwhelmed by the trip. As you already know, setting is key, make sure you are surrounded by good vibes.

The last thing you want is a traumatic experience or a bad trip, because you dosed too high and were in a bad setting. Having a trustworthy "trip sitter" who can watch you trip is always a good idea so you don't do stupid shit that could harm you. If you trip inside, for your own safety, make sure you hide anything that could potentially harm you, such as kitchen knifes, razor blades etc.

Not to be under estimated

I had 2 experiences with shrooms...in amsterdam 2005. I severely under estimated their power ate a whole box after loads of beers and spliffs in a place i have never been. The experiences have never left me and terrified me to the absolute point of still being so fresh i have never forgot the things i see.?

There is a history of mental illness in my family i have never worked out if it is that or the fact i was out of it in a strange place when i ate them that gave me the experience they did. It was so powerful ever since i have sort of realised how futile the 9 to 5 is and i know there is something else. I know because i see it.?

I am a normal 9 to 5 2 kids and mortgage life now but i have always wondered if now i am older i could tap into what i see and the feeling again.?

But this time without the fear and worry and earth shattering realisations. Maybe i could enjoy it?

Any advice welcome.

Really good advice...i did mine first time after drinking all day in amsterdam and smoking spliffs.

I then ate an entire box raw....

Needlesa to say it did not end well

Hi Steve and welcome to BL!

Seems like you might have developed some kind of PTSD or existential anxiety. Psychedelics can open your mind and consciousness to the point where a single meaningful trip can change your personality, your beliefs and your values. Flashbacks are common thing when you experience a heavy trip, they can be joyful or traumatic.

If you decide to trip again, make sure you dose responsibly in a positive setting. Who knows, maybe a good trip could help you make peace with your past. On the other hand, you could consider seeking professional therapeutic help or simply hang around the boards, sometimes you just need to be heard out. Anyways, take care!

It was something i never prepared for. I disnt take.muarooms seriously i assumed because a shop sold them "how bad could it be".

Well i was in for a surprise. I couldn't ne put in the open so my friends took me to the hotel and left me in the room.

I lost complete perception of time and being and just personality. It felt lile nothing was important or mattered. It was terrifying because to me it was real. I interacted with the surrounding and i talked and i literally transcended myself.

I couldnt do it again because it was just too much i have children now and cannot risk the fall out.

I spent days after trying to make senae of it. I still dont know if it was spiritual or if i was just crazy.