• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time doing shrooms.Few questions

poparopaliss

Bluelighter
Hi,

I'm heading to Amsterdam in a month and I'm gonna try shrooms for the first time.

Theres just a few questions I have and I'm sorry if they have been asked before!

1: How many grams should I take to experience nice but not over-powering effects?

2: Is there a particular type of mushroom you would recommend for a novice or are they all similar since they're bought out of a shop?

3: What is the best way to calm down if for one reason or another I get a bad trip?

I have no prior experiences with psychedelics apart from Cannabis and a bit of salvia so any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

--> basic drug discussion

please check erowid, search here and in PD, etc. as well

I'd take anywhere from half an eight (for a light trip) to an eight (for a decent trip). Honestly, best way to avoid a really bad trip is to educate yourself, check out places like shroomery.org, erowid, here. Know what to expect before hand. If you still have one, just change setting. Music, TV, go for a walk, something like that.

And I'd take cubensis, they're by far the most popular

eat em on an empty stomache, have a chocolate bar handy, it can make you "come down" if the trip is too intense... do em during the day... don't trip alone....

^^^
or better yet have a benzo ready instead of a chocolate bar.

.Noodles said:
I'd take anywhere from half an eight (for a light trip) to an eight (for a decent trip). Honestly, best way to avoid a really bad trip is to educate yourself, check out places like shroomery.org, erowid, here. Know what to expect before hand. If you still have one, just change setting. Music, TV, go for a walk, something like that.

And I'd take cubensis, they're by far the most popular

Since he will be buying from a smart shop in Amsterdam, the mushrooms will be fresh. I.E. 1g of dry roughly equals 8 grams fresh. Keep this in mind when looking up dosages. I have also heard that fresh ones are more potent than when they are dry as well.

I would start with 1.5g - 2g of dried mushrooms. I'm assuming that if you buy them in a smartshop that they will all be of the same type but I could be wrong. You are in for a very wonderful time but you need to be prepared, these bad boys are going to rock your fucking world.

you can probably buy all sorts of different types at the smart shop. Stick with cubensis. Their potency is fairly predictable.

The smartshops all offer varying strains - the extremely potent ones you don't have to worry about accidentally buying because usually they'll ask you a few questions first before selling you those (just to make sure you've tripped before and you are aware how strong they really are)

The people working in the shops are very friendly and will answer most questions you have. Simply tell them you haven't done them before and ask what they would recommend you try. They will explain the different benefits and such of the different strains and help you decide what you are looking for. (Some are more visual, some are more energetic - subtle differences but there nonetheless)

Also yes i think legally they can only sell fresh mushrooms but the ones I got looked pretty dry to me. Maybe it is more of an under-the-counter type thing with dried mushrooms because I was talking to the guy for quite a while before i bought them.

Keep in mind dosages by weight vary from strain to strain, sometimes drastically. I have had some strains where an eighth (3.5 grams) was a pleasant trip and I have had other strains where a single gram was too much. Again, the guys in the shops can tell you how much to take.

The environment must be safe and controlled. Eat a dub of shrooms and you'll be good all night no doubt. I would staer clear of a club environment your first time ever tripping. It would be WAYY intense for ya. Make sure you have the right friends around you as well that can help you if something goes wrong or theres too much confusion in the room. Lol.

"In June 2007, the Dutch Justice Ministry announced that the sale of all psilocybin-containing mushrooms will be illegal. The new regulation is scheduled to take effect "in several months"."

go quick!