• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time doing fentanyl transdermal patch 25mcg, chewing?

lifeisflyingaway

Ex-Bluelighter
I just acquired two of the watson 25mcg fentanyl transdermal patches, and have 0 tolerance. I was wondering would chewing this kind of patch work or no, and should i just chew half of 25mcg to get a decent buzz going?

I really don't recommend you even try fentanyl with zero opiate tolerance, you are just asking to OD. The dosage is ridiculously low.

But to answer your question, you said it's a 25mcg/h patch so that patch contains 2.5mg total. I'm not sure what a dosage is for someone with no tolerance, or any tolerance really. I tried finding, best I could find was like ~250-500mcg for having no or low tolerance, but don't take it from me without someone else posting to confirm.

I do believe you can cut it into appropriate dosage though and then eat or take it sublingually.

Again though, I REALLY suggest you just throw it away or give it away or something else, it's extremely dangerous to take fentanyl without any opiate tolerance. Also, the high is supposed to be sub par compared to other opiates, with little to no euphoria.

You can't just cut it, it's a gel patch isn't it?? It's impossible to dose those accurately.

lifeisflyingaway:

2.5mg (the total amount contained in the patch) is a very unsafe amount of fentanyl for someone with no opioid tolerance. Half the patch is still a lot and could be unsafe. Reliable opioid conversion data for buccal fentanyl (where you put it in your mouth/cheek) or sublingual (under the tongue) is lacking. It is even less known how strong chewing a random amount of a fentanyl patch would be! I STRONGLY advise you to NOT chew this patch. The best conversion I've seen is that around 200mcg of buccal fentanyl should probably equal around 10mg oral morphine (which would be a safe dose for morphine). But how would you know how much of a patch is 200mcg and how much is actually going to be absorbed (since a patch is not designed for buccal/sublingual use)?

The safest way to use it would be to not use it at all, the second safest would be to apply it on the skin as it's designed to be.

I think applying on the skin might still be risky. I think that people can still OD even using the 50mcg/h patch as its supposed to be taken because of tolerance.

I'm not completely positive though. My best advice is just avoid using it, its too risky.

Use the patches as intended, 25mcg/h should be perfect if you don't have any tolerance. Remember to just put 1 patch on at first (or try half if you can and don't have the gel ones) as they take up to 24 hours to reach full effect.

I think applying on the skin might still be risky. I think that people can still OD even using the 50mcg/h patch as its supposed to be taken because of tolerance.

I'm not completely positive though. My best advice is just avoid using it, its too risky.

Yes, you're correct that the 50mcg/hr patch should only be used by people with tolerance. The 25mcg/hr patch is supposed to be roughly equivalent to around 60-120mg of oral morphine spread out over the course of 24hrs, so I think you may be right that someone with no tolerance to opioids at all and little to no experience probably shouldn't even risk applying it to their skin.

In general, even putting patches on your skin can be dangerous because the way it deposits in your skin it slowly builds up and if you start thinking "whoa this is way too strong" removing it isn't going to help because there will still be fentanyl in your skin that is absorbing into your system. I really think people with no opioid tolerance shouldn't mess with fentanyl. But I do think applying a 25mcg/hr patch to the skin would be WAY safer than chewing some random amount of a patch.

Oh much agreed transdermal is safer. If it isn't a gel patch, cut it in half and apply to be absolutely safe. If its gel, I say don't risk it.

I'm just worried it would cause me to throw up. So when i decide to do it, i will do 12.5 (half of a 25mcg) and that should be much safer for someone with no tolerance than obviously doing 25mcg

^Are you still referring to chewing it?? A 25mcg/hr patch means it releases 25mcg every hour when you have it on your skin. NOT that it contains only 25mcg. Half a patch is NOT 12.5mcg. It is WAY more.

You didn't say if it's a gel patch or not? If it's gel you can't cut it in half for applying to your skin. If it's the plastic matrix kind you can cut it in half and apply it to your skin and it would release 12.5mcg per hour.

My suggestion would be toss it, or if you insist on doing an opiate, sell it and get something you can take orally that doesn't have such a high risk for OD.

If you insist on doing fentanyl with no opiate tolerance please please please be careful. They are hard to dose accurrately in any roa other than transdermal and like someone else mentioned if you use it thhat way by the time you realize it's too strong taking it off won't make it better fast enough.

If you can tell us whether it is a gel patch or not we can offer some more conclusive advice.

I just acquired two of the watson 25mcg fentanyl transdermal patches, and have 0 tolerance. I was wondering would chewing this kind of patch work or no, and should i just chew half of 25mcg to get a decent buzz going?

My man -Lifeisflyingaway- I knoow how frustrated u been recently not being able to find anything ova there in KC to have fun with, talkin over PM with u I can tell u dont have much or any opiate tolerance at all as well. I KNOW how tempting it is to take it, 1 cuz its a ultramega strong opioid, 2 just wanan get high cuz of such a scarcity ova there but bruh personally if I was u, this is just my OPINOIN. i wouldnt take it man, or recreationally i mean like chewing it or eating the gel. U WILL def. throw up this way, but if u are helll bent on doing it no matter what id juggest cutting the patch in HALF n put it on ur skin, transdermally, n wait about 45- 1 hour n if ur fine n not happy I guess u could cut a small, small lil bit off the unused portion n eat it. But plz be careful bro. Research more about fentanyl n dosing before u try this, if u havent already.

Yeah i'm just really mad because i was suppose to get 10mg oxy's but the moron ran out and i felt needy to have to get something since it's literally been months of this dying depression, and not having the chance to get anything. I am very tempted to throw it away, because i was recently hungover and i felt the worse pain ever in almost over a year, and i am sure that these patches even cut in half will make me throw up. I'm suppose to be going out of town to my future city this monday to chicago so maybe i'll try it so that way if i vomit i can blame it on car sickness. It is not gel, well actually i just looked at it and i think it is. It is the 25mcg, watson transdermal patch it says on the cover and when i just opened it, it was a clear type patch will some liquid that might be gel, but i'm not sure.

Yeah i'm just really mad because i was suppose to get 10mg oxy's but the moron ran out and i felt needy to have to get something since it's literally been months of this dying depression, and not having the chance to get anything. I am very tempted to throw it away, because i was recently hungover and i felt the worse pain ever in almost over a year, and i am sure that these patches even cut in half will make me throw up. I'm suppose to be going out of town to my future city this monday to chicago so maybe i'll try it so that way if i vomit i can blame it on car sickness. It is not gel, well actually i just looked at it and i think it is. It is the 25mcg, watson transdermal patch it says on the cover and when i just opened it, it was a clear type patch will some liquid that might be gel, but i'm not sure.

I feel ya bruh, shits hard sometimes. But if ur hellbent on tryna get high ( i mean shit u have fentanyl right there), then my best advice- HR related- is to cut a piece of the patch out no more than a square inch. If there the gel ones which im pretty sure they are, most fent. patch generics are, put the gel on a Q-TIP (my eperience) coat it all up n swab it on ur gumline, top n bottom for a bit, n try sucking. Ull feel the effects real quick n if its way to much for u then ull def throw up due to ur no tolerance. So if ur main concern bout puking is ur parents or whoever will see n start interrogating u then go to a bathroom or somewhere where no ppl are at & use the fentanyl.
This insight is comin from personal exp. when i was addicted to only 70mg of methadone a day, thinkin i was good I stuck half a patch in my mouth n sucked on it. Felt the come up all good, then instant nausea n puking.. But remember if u do want to try then be careful n START LOW/SMALL, u can always dose more but u can never take back.

Last edited:
Yeah that's a gel patch, you can't cut it in half for application to the skin, that won't be safe.

Thats a great thing that he mentioned with the cutip thing by just putting a little bit on their and applying it, but once it's open i'm sure it can be sealed back up.

I really cannot think of any container to put the gel in. How much "swipes" of the cutip method should i do. Dip it in, rub it on my gums or wherever, then how many more times? Maybe 2 or 3? Or would that not be enough? Unfortunately unless i come up with a place to store it, the rest of it will get thrown out but it is what it is.

My patches are NOT gel. I've been using them for years. I need something for the breakthrough pain I'm having right now. How can I use it to get relief NOW.

I swear , all the times I tried Sucking on the gel, or chewing a transdermal patch, I never seem to get an effect , I even tried smoking the gel off of foil as I seen friends do this year's ago, and never seem to get an enjoyable effect at all, if anything......I was a heroin addict at the time, however it shouldn't matter as how powerful fentanyl is ..can anyone else to piss poor fentanyl effects??