• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines First time doing DMT. What should I expect?

shyferrell

Greenlighter
I picked up a DMT cart (home made) and want to ask the community a few questions.
1.) Will i know when ive had enough? And how intense will it be?
2.) Will my Seroquel, Zyprexa, or Zoloft affect/diminish the trip? I took 4G shrooms 2 weeks ago and had no visuals and no mental high, only a short body high.
3.) I heard people say the time dilation is extreme on DMT, what should i expect this to be like?
4.) Is the risk of seratonin syndrome high? I didnt get it on acid or shrooms the last few times i took them. But i know DMT is like 100x those.
5.) What is the difference between Open eye, closed eye, and breakthrough? And can i take too much if im only trying to have open eye? Im not sure I want to experience a breakthrough my first time.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

2) The SSRI will seriously dampen the intensity of the experience.
4) I do not believe serotonin syndrome is a risk with DMT, as it does not release serotonin.

2) The SSRI will seriously dampen the intensity of the experience.
4) I do not believe serotonin syndrome is a risk with DMT, as it does not release serotonin.
how dampened? if i were to smoke enough would i still have visuals and body high? or no matter how much i smoke i wont have anything?

1. No, usually when you feel like you've had enough you need to take another hit.

2. Yes, nearly completely.

3. Time dilation can be extreme, but at the same time it's over before you know it. Time is meaningless, but when smoked it's generally a very quick experience subjectively.

4. No. Risk would be significantly lower (when smoked) than something like LSD or mushrooms, and it's already very low with those.

5. DMT causes intense OEV visuals... you wouldn't be concerned with such a question while on it.

But hey, you need to flush your system of all drugs that block it... and all 3 of the meds you're on block it.... and this generally is not a good idea to stop to take something like DMT.

Your meds block shrooms... and DMT is nearly an identical molecule. It will block it the same
well, im actually planning on trying completely different meds. I dont like the side effects and low libido and stuff they cause. Im gonna talk to my doctor before stopping. But using DMT would just be a bonus of stopping them.

The seroquel and zyprexa will almost certainly largely negate the effects of a 5ht2a agonise like DMT. I would definitely not suggest you stop taking your medications for the sake of tripping. Whatever your condition is that requires 2 antipsychotics, I'm pretty sure it's not going to mesh particularly well with hallucinogens.

That said, AFAIK there is no negative physical interactions between the DMT and seroquel/zyprexa, but the former works in basically the opposite way to the latter two. It may just be that 5ht2a agonists aren't going to be your thing at this stage. But you could try a puff or two of the vape and see what happens, although I'm not sure it's a good idea.

ye
The seroquel and zyprexa will almost certainly largely negate the effects of a 5ht2a agonise like DMT. I would definitely not suggest you stop taking your medications for the sake of tripping. Whatever your condition is that requires 2 antipsychotics, I'm pretty sure it's not going to mesh particularly well with hallucinogens.

That said, AFAIK there is no negative physical interactions between the DMT and seroquel/zyprexa, but the former works in basically the opposite way to the latter two. It may just be that 5ht2a agonists aren't going to be your thing at this stage. But you could try a puff or two of the vape and see what happens, although I'm not sure it's a good idea.
yea, im beyond a mess off my meds, but im going to talk to my doctor about alternate meds, i dont like the side effects. But i will keep the prescriptions to use as trip killers, they work well for that

1. I think there are different levels of enough at different times for different people. It's quite the task to get the vapor in, so that creates a kind of barrier against what could be deemed reckless use.

2. Yes, almost or entirely no point doing it while on those.

3. It's a very short and (potentially) very intense trip - you will have intense time dilation but not for long

4. Serotonin syndrome is not a known complication of DMT nor of DMT combined with any of your meds. By the way i wouldn't say DMT is 100x other psychedelics. It is of course unique and special but with regards to its reputation for intensity, that's more about its chemistry and pharmacokinetics being well suited for extremely intense doses. You can probably get there on shrooms or acid, but it would be quite the practical ordeal.

5. There is no guarantee against being overwhelmed. However, the trip is very brief and as said above, you need to really work to get enough vapor in for a breakthrough. There is a wide spectrum of worthwhile effects and no rush for breakthrough.

Last edited:
The time dilation is extreme - one schoolboy in Prague had his head crushed by a tram - he thought he had a month to cross to road.

Not only will your meds negate it, you shouldn't expect anything from DMT anyways. Once you're there, you'll know.
I dunno, I think one can reliably predict a range of effects at a given dose, all else being equal. Not as in, say, 35mg=elves, but like every psychedelic, effects range in intensity/immersiveness as a function of dose. It's certainly possible to approximately indicate what a user will go through, although words seem woefully inadequate at truly capturing it.

As to what one will take from the experience is basically anyone's guess.

how dampened? if i were to smoke enough would i still have visuals and body high? or no matter how much i smoke i wont have anything?
I did shrooms while I was on Effexor XR and I still tripped and felt the effects, it gave me a body high, mental and emotional high and some visuals mainly colors and everything looked much brighter and enhanced, my visual acuity became much more sharp and some CEV. But visuals aren't that important. But when I smoked a joint it definitely kicked up the visuals and mental high. Now I don't know about Zoloft but when I was on Effexor I still tripped

Tolerance only lasts 1 hour. I'd rather undershoot and have to wait 1 hour than overshoot and come back identifying as a shoelace.

I've been experimenting with cars for a while. I can honestly say from my own experience that you'll struggle to break through using them. Other users may disagree and I'd love to be corrected if I'm perhaps doing something wrong. Not to say carts aren't worth it, I love them for light experiences, but I can't imagine how many long pulls you'd need for a full break-through dose? Four maybe at least? I've certainly never managed it. Dunno, maybe I'm just a big puss but I find that with something akin to jumping out of a plane you want to kind of get as much in as possible in one or two goes. Slowly doing multiple long pulls on a cart you're more likely to chicken out and think 'whoah that's quite enough already!'... Carts can also be tricky, getting the temp/voltage right, making sure your battery is charged, issues with clogging etc.

DMT can be very hard to breakthrough, Shit requires iron lungs, Plus you get to the point where its so intense you need to keep taking more lung hits,

A bong suffices the best for breaking through.