• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time Delsym trip question(s)

it's weird, I just spaced out for like 15 minutes and came to when I was looking at a light in my room and I it was morphing into weird shapes and patterns. This trip is weird though, I thought I'd be too fucked up to even post on the computer but it's like I can snap out if it or something

Yeah well that's the extended release working. You may still be coming up to the plateau, you may have already hit it, you've got the extended release formula and the possibility that your CYP2D6 is currently tied up slowing things down. You don't really get blasted until the DXM converts to DXO.

Oh shit, man, I was just staring at those same lights for like ten minutes and really weird shit started to happen, one of them turned into the face of a lion, and the other started changing into all sorts of different colors, even though it's really red. and there were like all these weird static shapes going around the light I was looking at. Once I focused on it, shit started to get crazy. funny thing is I don't feel that fucked up too, but once stuff started changing colors I knew something's up

That's classic DXM. If you shut off all light sources and lie down with some music, you'll enter a nice DXM trip for sure.

it's weird, once I shut the laptop and get lost in the music tiny lights start to morph, and then the room starts to go from light black to dark black back to light black and it's really wavy and shit. it's like being on a rocking boat or something. Funny though, not as impaired or big body load as I thought.

Sounds like you hit 2nd plateau, I never had visuals that strong on the first plateau, not even my first time. How you feeling today man?

I felt fine the next day, like I didn't take anything. Completely sober. Honestly the trip was pretty weak, I felt mildly inebriated and I had to focus fairly hard to get the visuals, assuming they weren't some kind of weird placebo. Not entirely sure, but I think the DXM had something to do with it. Pretty disappointing, I was expecting to get really messed up and floaty and just have the visuals come to me, which didn't happen. The bodyload was pretty weak as well, it was a barely-there type thing. Hell, half the time I wasn't sure if I was high or not, but that happens fairly often for me. I'll give DXM the benefit of the doubt and give a mid-range does of DXM Hbr a shot at some point, when I can get my hands on some. Certainly not terrible though, just way weaker than I expected. Something I might try again with a significantly increased dose. Even 12 benedryl pills was probably a stronger trip, albiet very dirty and unenjoyable. High doses of benedryl really suck though, your sense of balance is completely shot, you get extreme, short term amnesia and you pretty much go insane for 6 hours.

If you think Benedryl is bad, try eating a box of Marezine... Psychotic break for 2 days :/

Anyway, glad that it all worked out. Sounds like you were floating on the edge of first and 2nd plateau - if it was a 5 ounce bottle (888mg), you might back crossed over to the full experience.

Definitely don't give up on DXM though - just get some HBr next time.

Absolutely try HBr, I was relatively unsuccessful the first time I trie DXM, second time was a different story.

Definitely take regular DXM HBr next time, it's a much better experience than the plastic Delsym stuff! Try to find a bottle that's just pure DXM HBr, if it's got guinefenesin in it, it'll taste terrible. You can find the regular kind in most grocery stores and the off-brand is just as good as the regular brand. Delsym always makes me feel like crap for a few days after, and the high is just annoyingly long to the point where it's not fun anymore. Regular HBr lasts the perfect amount of time and I feel like normal afterwards. Just my advice!

Idk what some of you are talking about. you abviously are mis informed, dont speak on something you know nothing about...

Delsym is very pleasant and can be just as strong as hbr. I do 2 5oz bottles which is 1776mgs and this is very intense. I love it. and many people i know like this. you should try a 3oz bottle for your first trip.