Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

First time combining MDMA & Mushrooms - Realizing molly is bad...again

Seattle_Stranger

Bluelighter
Just looking for some discussion.

I haven't taken MDMA in years, and haven't "rolled" in the purest sense of the word in over half a decade. Moderate past experience with both tested and untested products, some good, some bad, some evil :!. I absolutely love the MDMA effect, but obviously hate the toxicity, fluctuation in quality, rapid tolerance, and come down of it. Low-dose mushrooms have been a lovely replacement over the past years, and have found myself often comparing these light trips to past good rolls, and finding similarities and even things I like better about the fungus over MDMA. I know not everyone gets such an effect from shrooms, but personally, a cap or two is a fantastic glowy, euphoric, stimulating, musically-enhanced experience, perfect for socializing or being in public or by one's self.

Having said that, a couple friends hit me up to go to a Tool concert. They had molly and mushrooms and planned to combine them. I was apprehensive of the molly as it has really done me dirty in the past, and even the best quality stuff leaves me super depressed and not-so-good afterwards. I have a test kit though, and thought what the hay, it's been years, this is a huge deal to my friends and I, let's go for it. I tested the MDMA and it almost exploded off the table with smoke, bubbles and instant-ink-purple, the purest result I've ever seen. Excited to try such pure product, I decided to wait on the shrooms until after the show, and down the hatch went one of the pre-packed doses (likely ~100-150mg). Got the most glorious MDMA roll I could have asked for, smooth, euphoric, stimulating, just perfect in every sense. Popped a second dose halfway through the show, and by the time it ended (~2hrs after initial dose) I was on top of the world! We went back to the hotel room and started omnomming that fungus and the very long night of walking, talking, hugging and exploring began, with us popping more fungus here and there. Just a wonderful night....

Here's the point of my story: By about nearly 10 hours after my initial MDMA dose, it clearly should have been worn off. Instead, I felt like I was "rolling" stronger than ever, body feeling amazing, mind euphoric as hell, stimulated, awake, happy, ready to keep runnin'! I also realized I never noticed anything even close to a come down from the molly, it just slipped away, wore off and faded into a mushroom effect. I rode this out until I decided to just lay down and pass out, and I did with no issue. The next few days SUCKED and reminded me of why I don't take MDMA anymore...

So, the moral of my story is that mushrooms > MDMA in a lot of ways for me, and this has been proven to myself time and time again. This time I was able to experiment with both at once, and one drug clearly prevailed.

I bet I'd get a different response on the Psych's forum, but I'm curious what you guys think! Has anyone found that they have successfully "replaced" MDMA in their lives with a better option?

*takes more 5-HTP* :)

Everything about mushrooms beats the shit out of MDMA for me, except for the mindfuck of having your brain running at 9001% of normal speed while processing complete and utter nonsense most of the time lol. I could go out partying on shrooms (as I've done a few times), but this mindfuck completely ruins any sociability. Depends on my goals for the event at hand (go out and pick up, go out with mates and who cares, or just go out and pretend I'm in my own world), but mushrooms definitely can replace MDMA in the right setting.

I did shrooms + MDMA 2 months ago, had the most euphoric drug experience so far (not the most profound but most euphoric). ~4-5g of P. cubensis and 180mg (120+50) MDMA and didnt experience any negative after effects but some afterglow for a few days.

Did you abuse MDMA back in the days or have you always got those negative effects afterwards?

Everything about mushrooms beats the shit out of MDMA for me, except for the mindfuck of having your brain running at 9001% of normal speed while processing complete and utter nonsense most of the time lol. I could go out partying on shrooms (as I've done a few times), but this mindfuck completely ruins any sociability. Depends on my goals for the event at hand (go out and pick up, go out with mates and who cares, or just go out and pretend I'm in my own world), but mushrooms definitely can replace MDMA in the right setting.

The only thing that really makes MDMA really stand out over shrooms is the come up. With good, tested molly, if you pop a dose while already out in a social setting, you can be assured that when it hits, you'll feel a fun rush and then you'll feel great. I absolutely love that sudden "whoa, something is happening..." where your head gets kinda fuzzy and trancy, you feel a wave of stimulation and buzzing all around, it's not quite euphoric yet but still enjoyable, and then this rushing eventually peaks as if you reached the top of a rollercoaster, stops for literally a few seconds of anticipation, and then.....mmmmeeeeellllllltttttttttt <3 Mushrooms tend to not be quite as predictable or enjoyable on the come up and you chance having anxiety which can ruin your social time. I've often wondered if there was something that could maybe replicate this, perhaps phenethylamine? An oral dose of ~750mg phenethylamine powder causes an almost identical rush as I described above, but never hits the explosion of euphoria.

Aside from that, fungus all the way. The body buzz, potential euphoria, visuals, music enhancement, all blow MDMA out of the water.

I did shrooms + MDMA 2 months ago, had the most euphoric drug experience so far (not the most profound but most euphoric). ~4-5g of P. cubensis and 180mg (120+50) MDMA and didnt experience any negative after effects but some afterglow for a few days.

Did you abuse MDMA back in the days or have you always got those negative effects afterwards?

When I first found MDMA, I was very drug naive and I abused it for a short period of time, just a few months with a few times each month, but it was way more than enough to throw me into the deepest, darkest depression imaginable. The depression, drained-feeling and emotional flattening that has come in the days after this particular experience feels extremely similar to what I originally felt after I initially abused it, but now I'm far more experienced with drug-hangovers and I know the depression isn't real and will pass. Years of abstinence has not seemed to have helped though. It's definitely not worth it for me anymore. Having said that, I've used mushrooms every weekend for nearly entire seasons, never felt any kind of negative rebound effect whatsoever.

I find it very limiting to stick to one drug or another. I largely "replaced" MDMA with LSD back a few years ago, but that was probably as much due to my connections as it was from the health problems that arise from taking MDMA so often.

Still though, MDMA and similar empathogens are the best for opening people up to each other.. IMO it's hard to get to that same kind of "oneness" with the crowd at a show with a psychedelic, especially a rough tryptamine like shrooms. At home though I'll take a psychedelic over an empathogen 9/10 times, but that's just because I want that 1/10 time to be fucking amazing

I havent had any MDMA hangovers yet (other than feeling retarded the next day) and after reading bluelight I'm certain I will never abuse this drug in any way. Done it 5 times in my life and next saturday is going to be 6th time

I find it very limiting to stick to one drug or another. I largely "replaced" MDMA with LSD back a few years ago, but that was probably as much due to my connections as it was from the health problems that arise from taking MDMA so often.

Still though, MDMA and similar empathogens are the best for opening people up to each other.. IMO it's hard to get to that same kind of "oneness" with the crowd at a show with a psychedelic, especially a rough tryptamine like shrooms. At home though I'll take a psychedelic over an empathogen 9/10 times, but that's just because I want that 1/10 time to be fucking amazing

I kinda agree. MDMA is "easier" to get to that state because it more or less forces it on you, however psychedelics can offer a more genuine feeling of "oneness" among people that MDMA couldn't handle a candle to, but it's not quite as forced therefore not as easy for a whole crowd to simply feel that way.

MDMA is like skydiving, whereas psychedelics are like learning to fly.

I don't really get the point of this thread? You had a good time on MDMA, but an even better time on shrooms, which means that MDMA is bad? Just sounds like you prefer shrooms as your DOC which is cool.

5-HTP will never even come near to replacing MDMA...

I don't think every thread must have a point, He's sharing his thoughts and I loved it. (no offense Jwills20, i like you very much :p)

The same happened me while tripping on shrooms for the first 3-4 times. It was amazing and come up was same as mdma, I feel I was rolling :)
The psychedelics are great but can't replace MDMA.

Maybe 2-CB a little close to mdma feeling.

you redosed and had a bad comedown, sounds like you should not have redosed

The very first few words of the thread explain its purpose. :) I'm confused by the 5-htp comment, I don't know if you're responding to me or not.

I'm not sure about the comedown comment, as I specifically said I didn't feel a "comedown" due to the fungus, the good feelings in my body and mind only got better as the MDMA wore off, that was my entire point. If it's the days-after/hangover effects that I described that you're referring to, that has nothing to do with the amount I took, I always have felt these same effects after MDMA use, regardless of dose. There is simply no question that MDMA is bad for your brain, just like alcohol, no matter what dose you take, what vitamins you take or how much water you drink, it is damaging your brain either a little or a lot in any dosage and if you're in touch enough with yourself, you will be aware of the effects both good and bad. The hangover wasn't all that bad anyway, very manageable, felt drained for a day or two and slight emotional flat-ness for a few more days, couldn't even count as depression, and was back to 100% quicker than I actually expected! I've had longer/worse hangovers from MDMA in the past from a single dose! I've also felt very bad "comedowns" just hours after a single 100mg dose of MDMA, where I can feel it stop working, it wears off and leaves me feeling empty, anxious, a headache, nauseous, etc.. THAT is a comedown, and I didn't experience any of that this time.

Regardless, like I said earlier, FOR ME I think this very positive experience with MDMA and mushrooms taught me a valuable lesson about myself. I've always enjoyed both separately, and have always been intrigued by the similarities I experience. This time, I got to directly compare them at the same time, and realized that as much fun as MDMA is, it's not much more fun than shrooms for me so why would I use the more toxic option for a similar experience? I was sure there are others that share my stance! :)

I love MDMA and have used it about 4-6 times per year for the last ten years. I always take a rather heroic regimen of pre and post loaded nutrients and nootropics which have enabled me to have the fun you described, with no after effects.

However, I would not recommend a boost, (I know a lot of people do it) and especially not at the 2 hour mark. I think this may be a big part of people feeling terrible, as it makes you more vulnerable to effects.

I am very aware that taking a second dose too long after the first dose makes the user more susceptible to the negative effects. I tried taking my second dose no more than 45 mins after the first, hoping it would more or less lump into the initial dose, but I was probably wrong. I'm also aware that half of the second dose would have sufficed, perhaps that would've made a big difference.

Regardless, I still don't think it's worth the negative effects that are inevitable no matter what you do, and I'm not just talking about the effects you feel. I'm finding that most of the effects I find that I like with MDMA that mushrooms don't have is mostly the speedy/amphetamine effects, the wide-eyed stimulation, the rushing energy, focus and such. Perhaps an adderall tossed into my fungus cocktail might deliver exactly what I want. I know some people do this regularly.