• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time codeine dosage?

RDF16

Bluelighter
Hi guys! I'm not really sure if I'm gonna try codeine or not (I want to do more research on it), but in this case, how much should I use? I'm 16 years old male, 58 kg (127,8 lb), 165 cm (5 feet 5 inches) and I've tried weed, hash, dxm, diphenhydramine and I never tried any opiates/opioids. How are codeine effects compared to oxy, hydrocodone and heroin? Thanks ?

Codeine is mild compared to the opiates you mentioned, but it affects everyone differently as its metabolised into morphine via the liver so you can never tell how it will affect you. But as a heroin addict trying to stay clean who started out on codeine I'd advise you to seriously think twice about touching any opiate ever, and to at least wait until your older. Opiate addiction is no life for anyone, especially a young adult like yourself. Enjoy yourself, get pissed with your friends. Live your life a little before you ruin it. I know it seems exciting trying new experiences, but this is one you'll most likely regret.

And if you do go ahead with it, just because your not shivering junkie after your first hit doesn't mean your ok. This shit gets in your brain and if you like it and have access to it, you'll carry on until you are an addict.

Be careful and look after yourself

Codeine is mild compared to the opiates you mentioned, but it affects everyone differently as its metabolised into morphine via the liver so you can never tell how it will affect you. But as a heroin addict trying to stay clean who started out on codeine I'd advise you to seriously think twice about touching any opiate ever, and to at least wait until your older. Opiate addiction is no life for anyone, especially a young adult like yourself. Enjoy yourself, get pissed with your friends. Live your life a little before you ruin it. I know it seems exciting trying new experiences, but this is one you'll most likely regret. And if you do go ahead with it, just because your not shivering junkie after your first hit doesn't mean your ok. This shit gets in your brain and if you like it and have access to it, you'll carry on until you are an addict. Be careful and look after yourself
Pretty much this. You're too young bro. I'm sure you'll try it anyway, but here's some words of wisdom: drugs will always be around. You'll appreciate your youth more if you get through it in more productive ways. Smoke/drink, go to parties if you want, but try to stay away from the harder shit until you get a little older. Wait until you've had more sober life experience before you start experimenting. You don't have to abandon your current friends or anything, but learning to hang out and have fun with straight edges teaches you valuable life skills, especially when it comes to enjoying yourself without being constantly on something or waiting for your next fix.

I always feel a twinge of sadness when I read these threads, but realize that like many of us, I too was in the same spot.

Codeine will make you itch so have some diphenhydramine (benadryl) on hand to counteract this. It's a bit of a potentiator as well but I've never felt a difference. Be wary of mixing with alcohol, as this will dramatically increase the effect... even though I used to do this all the time...

Think long and hard about this, I didn't touch opiates until I was 22.

I started on codeine at the same age (21, now)
Though I haven't progressed to use of heroin, am not physically dependent on any opiates, and use sparingly (no 'hard' opes, anymore)... I wish I hadn't introduced myself to this class at all. Even codeine is nice enough that other, non-opiate experiences can lose their perceived value, and, if ones mental health is ever failing, the body is conditioned to crave opiates as a source of relief. Iunno if you struggle with depression or anxiety, but if you do, using opiates even a handful of times can result in psychological conditioning that makes it much harder to avoid them in the future.

Do what you will, but know that you can't unlearn the effect they have on the brain and body, and, eventually, you will wish you could.

Last edited:
My drug use progression was identical to yours (at the exact same age), and dude- leave the opiates alone until your brain chemistry is a little more stable (not a dig at you, brain chem is a mess during adolescence). Introducing potent drugs while still undergoing brain development is a surefire way to hardwire their use into your psyche and turn them into something that is much harder to avoid later in life
ALSO DON'T EVER RECREATIONALLY ABUSE DPH
IT IS SERIOUSLY S O F*CKING BAD FOR YOU
REALLY
SO
BAD
AWFUL
TERRIBLE
STAAAHP

Best wishes... enjoy your youth c:

If you're hellbent on trying an opiate, perhaps do some research into kratom? Much safer starting point.

Thank you guys, I decided to not try codeine (at least for now.) Also because I'm busy with psychedelics?. Oh, if someone knows where to find 5-meo-dmt, may please let me know it?

Thank you guys, I decided to not try codeine (at least for now.) Also because I'm busy with psychedelics. Oh, if someone knows where to find 5-meo-dmt, may please let me know it?

no sourcing, read the BLUA