• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos First time clonazepam dosing

Slow_Mobius

Bluelight Crew
I'll be traveling today, and I have 3 mgs of clonazepam to make my journey less stressful and boring. I absolutely despise flying, and I have way too long of a layover. I'm completely naive to benzos except for two experiences with 10 mgs of valium--one a year ago and the other this past new years.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice as far as how to dose and how much to dose to maintain a nice relaxed state for about 12 hours. I'm pretty clueless about where a good starting point would be and how long the effects typically last. Thanks!

Start with 0,5 mg-1mg wait a hour, if you didn't reach the desired effect take 0,5mg more
The half life is around 40h I think, so maybe take like 0,25-0,5mg more after 8 hours / or when you feel the effects are diminishing
Edit: 0,5 mg Clonazepam is equivalent to around 10mg diazepam

Thanks. They're 5mg tabs and I was thinking of starting with at least two but did not realize they're that strong! 10 mg valium will nearly put me out

Yes clonazepam is an extremely strong benzo plus for some reason a doc is much more likely to give you 2 mg of clonazepam than 50 mg of diazepam.

if your looking to just be relaxed during the flight 1mg should be good. if you wanna be laid out 3mg for a benzo naive person should do the job. it takes me 6mgs to get to sleep but i have a tolerance to gaba acting drugs because i started abusing alcohol early in life.

I took 0.5 about 5 hours ago. I felt pretty relaxed on the flight (not as much as as with valium) but nothing too sedating. I think I'll take two half pills before my next connection

Start with 0,5 mg-1mg wait a hour, if you didn't reach the desired effect take 0,5mg more
The half life is around 40h I think, so maybe take like 0,25-0,5mg more after 8 hours / or when you feel the effects are diminishing
Edit: 0,5 mg Clonazepam is equivalent to around 10mg diazepam

Klonopin's half life is 12 hours.

Anyways, I recommend you start with 0.5mgs like you already did and only continue dosing at no more than 0.5mgs each time till you find your sweet spot.

5mg pills!?!!

That's a HUGE dosage for a single pill!!

I've never heard of them being that strong.

I only take 1.5mgs max as needed.

I'm always flabbergasted by the massive doses people on this site use.

Klonopin's half life is 12 hours.

Anyways, I recommend you start with 0.5mgs like you already did and only continue dosing at no more than 0.5mgs each time till you find your sweet spot.

5mg pills!?!!

That's a HUGE dosage for a single pill!!

I've never heard of them being that strong.

I only take 1.5mgs max as needed.

I'm always flabbergasted by the massive doses people on this site use.

klonopin elimination half life is somewhere between 30 to 40 hrs

I just realized that I've been sitting in the same chair at the food court doing nothing for almost an hour. I think I've reached the right level haha. If anything I'll take another half of a 0.5mg pill before my flight

^Lol :D
@Mycophile the half life is between 18-50 hours, that's the reason why people often feel the effects of clonazepam even the next day

It ain't too hard to feel out the doses for something like klonopin. 0.5 will probably put someone with no tolerance in a state where they can surely sleep if they really want to, but they can probably stay up as well, if they want to.

@Mycophile the half life is between 18-50 hours, that's the reason why people often feel the effects of clonazepam even the next day

That 18-50 hours figure refers to the elimination half-life though, which also includes the half-life of Clonazepam's substantially less active metabolite, 7-Aminoclonazepam (where the Nitro group has been reduced to an amine).

But yes, Clonazepam tends to have significant hangover effects when used as a sleep aid.

That 18-50 hours figure refers to the elimination half-life though, which also includes the half-life of Clonazepam's substantially less active metabolite, 7-Aminoclonazepam (where the Nitro group has been reduced to an amine).

Oh well, always learning something new here :D

Actually, I tried to check my answer and now I'm no longer so sure whether the half-life for Clonazepam includes the active metabolites... perhaps I just assumed it must be shorter than 24 hours because the "duration of action" is listed as ~6-12 hours.

^I just looked at a chart from benzo.org and the half life (18-50) was written in parentheses meaning it's just the half life of the benzo itself, not it's metabolites

I don't know how you want to refer to it as, maybe half life isn't the term, but a dose of Klonopin has it's maximum efficacy for around 12 hours.

I've checked this multiple times and though it may vary and be closer to 10 or 14, it's after about 12 hours that the dose you've taken will start to feel like half.

Is this what everyone means by half life??

I asked my doctor, and this was verfied by him.

So if you are all assuming that a 1.0mg dose of Klonopin will still feel like 1mg 18-50 hours later, you are all mistaken.

Actually, I tried to check my answer and now I'm no longer so sure whether the half-life for Clonazepam includes the active metabolites... perhaps I just assumed it must be shorter than 24 hours because the "duration of action" is listed as ~6-12 hours.

Ok maybe this is the term for what I meant.

I always assumed that half life meant that point at which your dosage actively feels like as if you had taken half....like if you take 1.0mg at 11AM then at 11PM it feels like a 0.5mg dose??

That's pretty much how I think it works.

I'm not sure about elimination.

Maybe I have my terms mixed up.