View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First shrooms trip

SSV99

Greenlighter
Tonight will be my first time doing mushrooms and ive decided to take 1.3 gs of psylocybe cubensis and go to a few parties with a group of friends where i will probably drink and smoke a bit, ive taken other hallucinogenics before like 25i, LSD and dmx as well as smoked a lot of bud anyone have any recomendations about what i should do? (If i should take more or less or not drink or smoke anything) I only want a small dose that is easy to handle

For me shrooms are not a party drug....I would not have a good time unless it was a super low dose

Forget about the booze and stay with just the mushrooms. If you''re not taking them on an empty stomach, onset might be delayed a bit. On an empty stomach, I'm always good by about 45 minutes.

Weed potentiates mushrooms a lot. I love this. You might not. If you're going to smoke, literally take one hit and wait. See how that goes, and repeat if desired.

Mushrooms can be very sedating to the point of almost wanting to fall asleep. All you might end up doing is couch surfing.

I find mushrooms to be much more introspective and 'timeless'.

You'll have a friend with you I assume?

Tom

0.5grams is more than enough for me when going out, and even then the first two hours are preferably spent alone doing yoga en meditation.

Definetly don't drink, my guess is you won't even feel the need/desire to do so. Smoking is another thing, and highly recommended. :)

Thanks guys but before i went out last night i didnt see any of the responses here, the night was pretty insane, i smoked like 2gs of colorado bud and then drank and entire four loko before the gram of shrooms kicked in, i can tell what you mean by the weed making it stronger i was completely gone

You will learn quickly not to take psychedelics in a party setting. There is so much more about these drugs, I cannot even elaborate and I'm sure you can understand why...I believe that psychedelics are meant for self discovery, and if you take them with the intent to party you will get lost even further. Take some MDMA if you want to go to a party, that's fun as hell!

For you next time, I would suggest going camping or being outside. I find I enjoy shrooms a lot more when I'm outside.

Last edited:
For you next time, I would suggest going camping or being outside. I find I enjoy shrooms a lot more when I'm outside.

Great advice I have also realized that that going and staying outdoors is the best way enjoy psychedelics. Something about being inside makes me unconnected with the world and why would I be doing that when my purpose is to be connected with myself and the world around me.