• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

First scientific evidence that smoking cannabis impairs the lungs

Was going to read it but it's $40. Anyone have a link to a free download? From the abstract it looks like it's a non-lethal impairment. Definitely not cancer or something sinister at first looks. Not sure if the impairments could be linked to emphysema though - anyone out there with medical understanding who has academic institution access to the paper?

Interesting. I remember when I was 11 or 12 it was a common belief (although I never believed it) among people at my school that smoking weed/tac "cleans out" your lungs from tar etc if you also smoke tobacco.

i think my grandma even could've told ya that one. smoke/combustion products can't be good for the lungs

Was going to read it but it's $40. Anyone have a link to a free download? From the abstract it looks like it's a non-lethal impairment. Definitely not cancer or something sinister at first looks. Not sure if the impairments could be linked to emphysema though - anyone out there with medical understanding who has academic institution access to the paper?
i just tried sci hub and unfortunantly couldn't get access through there but that's generally the best place to start for free articles. or even better email the author, they will almost always send you a pdf free of charge.

i just tried sci hub and unfortunantly couldn't get access through there but that's generally the best place to start for free articles. or even better email the author, they will almost always send you a pdf free of charge.

You need an account (free), but this site is kind of orthogonal to scihub.

I'll upload anything I can there.

You need an account (free), but this site is kind of orthogonal to scihub.

I'll upload anything I can there.
Never heard of that site, I’ll have to try it out. I’m lucky to have institutional access so I don’t often have to use free libraries. But I definitely want everyone here to be able to read the articles we’re discussing so that’s a good option

Never heard of that site, I’ll have to try it out. I’m lucky to have institutional access so I don’t often have to use free libraries. But I definitely want everyone here to be able to read the articles we’re discussing so that’s a good option
It was linked when scihub didn't have the paper. I'll try to do my part and make things accessible that i see posted on bl without a scihub link.