PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First psychedelic, best option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

falsifiedhypothesi

Bluelight Crew
I have always been very curious about psychedelics. They have filled me with a sense of wonder ever since I first heard of them. I have yet to try any psychedelics, the closest I've come is synthetic cannabinoids, mdma, cannabis.

I would like opinions on which ones have the smoothest, softest, less anxiety ridden ride. I'm rather prone to anxiety on drugs, that being said I don't want a weak experience. I would like a psych that isn't completely mind blowing but also will provide some good visuals.

My depression has lifted slightly from a 2 year downward spiral and I feel somewhat optimistic about my life, something I haven't felt in a long time. I think I will be able to go into a trip with a good mindset. It has lessened but not completely disappeared, will it still be a problem during a trip? I would like to be cautious as I would hate for a drug to throw me right back into a deep depression.

I would say 4-AcO-DMT or LSD.

I'm too tired to post why right now, but I'll edit this up tomorrow and let you know why I chose those.

I always recommend LSD. In my area everyone hypes up magic mushrooms quite a bit, but I actually find them to be a somewhat more difficult trip to enjoy from a recreational point of view. For me, LSD has always been euphoric. I enjoy the body high, the mindset is usually much more prone to humor, and the visuals are more interesting (for me at least).

Depression is a serious concern, but if it's in the past you're probably ok. From a strictly medical/psychological point of view however, any drug use in a person suffering from mental illness is not advised.

Well the depression isn't really in the past, it's just more manageable right now. I have heard that LSD is a good one and usually doesn't cause people problems.

I really want to hear the explanation for the DMT analogue. I never thought any form of DMT would be mild enough for a first time, really don't want a world crushing experience.

When I took mdma it was very clean, it was crystalized and in large chunks with no powder. At the end of those nights when I went to go to sleep, I closed my eyes and had great closed eye visuals for a half hour before I passed out.

The CEV were probably attributed to the amount of mdma that gets metabolized into mda. It definitely sounds like a contender, but is it really a trip? It seems like it would just be a slightly more psychedelic mdma high.

I'm not too experienced in the realm of psychedelics but 2C-B might be a good step up. Not too heavy, no real headfuck whatsoever and can be quite visual

Last edited:
'soft' and psychedelics is really no such thing. But yeah, you are making a good decision looking for the best physc to try for you.

If you feel you're ready, then go for it. even if you fuck up with dosing or something and have a super bad experience, you will learn and gain from it. can be hard to see the good -side to a 'bad trip' but there always is. They tell you something, if you have a true physc experience.

Don't expect too much in terms of this solving your depression, it might make it worse, do nothing, or make it better ie; anything. though it might even help you x1000 subconsciously without you knowing.

^ yes, 2-cb would be a great choice. No 'mind fuck'. It has its ups. very gentle in terms of not loosing your mind.

But you don't really get the true psychedelic experience at all. Still ok choice though to get the 'feel'.

I'd go with mushrooms LOW DOSE, which can be perfect. because even a low dose, it has strong emotional euphoria eps when you first do them, so you'll get that little bit of feel. and even just go for a lsd dose which might surprise / be intense.

But i find you will be ok to dose higher with lsd. more easy to ride for a first-time trip as lsd - subjectively - is less emotional than psilocybin (mushrooms)

if you go in to trip, I highly suggest doing a workout,getting a good sweat up so you can sort of cleanse and get toxins out of your body before you trip.

I have heard that LSD is a good one and usually doesn't cause people problems.

LSD has caused quite a few people problems actually. It only has the great glowing reputation now, when it's much harder to get and has become romanticized. Ask someone in their 40's - 70's about their past LSD use and you will be more likely to hear a horror story.
No one can say "it's safe" just like no one can say it isn't safe either, could be great could be terrible, that goes for this whole class of drugs and every single user too. It's the chance you take and there really is no light psychedelics as someone else said, they can all be intense.
PS 4-aco-DMT is like mushrooms, not like DMT.

I have always been very curious about psychedelics. They have filled me with a sense of wonder ever since I first heard of them. I have yet to try any psychedelics, the closest I've come is synthetic cannabinoids, mdma, cannabis.

I would like opinions on which ones have the smoothest, softest, less anxiety ridden ride. I'm rather prone to anxiety on drugs, that being said I don't want a weak experience. I would like a psych that isn't completely mind blowing but also will provide some good visuals.

My depression has lifted slightly from a 2 year downward spiral and I feel somewhat optimistic about my life, something I haven't felt in a long time. I think I will be able to go into a trip with a good mindset. It has lessened but not completely disappeared, will it still be a problem during a trip? I would like to be cautious as I would hate for a drug to throw me right back into a deep depression.

don't do any drugs at all.
you have stated your wish list. "smooth, least anxiety ridden ride" - none have this guarantee, none are a consumable replacement for Disneyland.

since you have struggled with depression, I think this is an effect of expecting "a Disneyland view of life - as a ride that you can purchase - as a commodity that comes with a warranty".

Psychedelic is your life amplified and experienced from angles not normally perceived. That is the only guarantee.
Even among regular users, if you read these boards, you will see much dissatisfaction as people often forget that that is what happens.
some psychedelics act very quickly like salvia and dmt - they are so fast that the person feels jerked out of complacency - many here want their money back from that.
phenethylamines and nbox series have layers of euphoria which is disphoric to those who are ill disposed to body load.
shrooms and lsd (and analogs like lsz) act slowly and are fairly pure in their psychedelic action.

I don't think it is important for all people to try psychedelics, there are no warranties with any of them, and if you have depression and want something easy - don't pursue this direction.

LSD has caused quite a few people problems actually. It only has the great glowing reputation now, when it's much harder to get and has become romanticized. Ask someone in their 40's - 70's about their past LSD use and you will be more likely to hear a horror story.
No one can say "it's safe" just like no one can say it isn't safe either, could be great could be terrible, that goes for this whole class of drugs and every single user too. It's the chance you take and there really is no light psychedelics as someone else said, they can all be intense.
PS 4-aco-DMT is like mushrooms, not like DMT.

many misconceptions in this.
as a drug LSD is probably the safest (physically - no biological damage occurs as a direct result of LSD ever, at any dose)
but as a psychedelic it is not something that should be on everyone's to do list - nor is sky diving, scuba diving, mountain climbing, or astronautery.
- not everyone should do psychedelics, and most who should - should do it only in controlled circumstances to gain psychological benefits ( see this http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v07n3/07318fis.html ).
However,
many have been lucky - as if watched over by some god, and they have had glorious experiences the first time and many subsequent times, only to crash and burn.

For me, 4-ho-met leaves me with a pretty clear head, and almost no body load, with visuals on par with a good dose of mushrooms. Several friends of mine have tried it as their first psychedelic and loved it!

I'm not looking for a "Disneyland" experience, I realise these drugs can kick your ass mentally. If I wanted something easy I would just go out and get some strong opiates or stimulants. I realize the easiest ride may still be very difficult but I want to have this experience.

I was asking about the ones with the least stress because I know there are some less anxiety ridden than others. I don't think I can believe all psychs are equally as fucked up and crazy as high doses of diphenhydramine. There is obviously some variation, and I want to find the right one when the time is right.

Maybe some of the obscure tryptamines might be a good way to go? Of the more obscure ones, I've only tried 5-MeO-DIPT but found it to be both psychedelic and euphoric, with none of the difficulty that comes with other psychedelics. Maybe look into its still available analogue 5-MeO-MIPT.

I am surprised no one has recommended mescaline. Truly one of the most gentle psychedelic experiences--although I haven't tried many RCs so there could be one that is gentler. Aside from mescaline being kind to the user, save for the vomitus, it might suit your current state best falsified. Mescaline seems to facilitate introspection in a manner that usually brings about a positive resolution or acceptance, something that would most definitely be good for you if you are emerging for the dark chasm of depression. Keep in mind that mescaline takes a humorously long time (upwards of two hours) to begin to affect the user and lasts for quite some time, so make sure you have enough time to enjoy the experience; for although mescaline is not as dismantling as LSD or Mushrooms, it is still a psychedelic and interacting with the sober world would not be advised.

Mescaline is pretty hard to find, and I don't think the duration is appropriate for a first trip.

As I stated before; LSD or 4-AcO-DMT are in my experience the "easiest" psychedelics to integrate into everyday life and also tend to be pretty mild if taken in low doses. 4-AcO-DMT is NOT like DMT at all. It's actually a lot like mushrooms if we're drawing parallels. I find it to be more mild, "smooth" and forgiving than mushrooms if properly dosed and I don't get that slightly manic "what in THE WORLD?!" feeling from 4-AcO-DMT. Its theorized that it is metabolically converted into psilocin in the body, which is basically psilocybin in synthetic form so its going to be similar. I also find it to be easier on my stomach with much less GI discomfort.

If I had to describe 4-AcO-DMT in a single word it would be: intuitive. haha

All I can compare are shrooms and LSD and personally I'd say LSD is much better for a first trip. Definitely less anxiety in my experience, that's not to say that everyone feels like that though. I did shrooms first and was pretty much catatonic and had a difficult experience for a good few hours. My first acid trip was mellow as hell, even my first strong acid trip I was able to control a lot better than any shrooms trip I've had, despite heavy visual hallucinations.

I would definitely like to try mescaline but I need to do more research on it before I make up my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.