• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First poppy tea experience..

Bruvvamoff

Greenlighter
Hi

Normally one gets his rocks off doing cold water extractions from a box of co-codamol (32 x 8/500mg) = 256mg codeine. (daily)
Recently got hold of some heads and ground up 3 small pods then steeped in warm/hot water for 20 minutes, strained and drank.
30 minutes on feeling a slight warmth and a happy but nothing close to a cwe.
Also the drink didn't taste nearly as bitter as one has heard. In fact one could hardly taste anything.
So one is worried about a few things.
1. Was the water too hot and destroyed the goodies?
2. Is one so tolerant as to need more pods?
3. Is it simply a much milder buzz that lasts longer?
4. Are they simply crap pods?
The significant thing that is playing on my mind is the fact that it didn't taste bitter.
Thoughts?

The problem with poppy seed or pod tea is that its incredibly inconsistent, so no one is going to be able to tell you whether or not your pods were good or if you need more, its all a guessing game. Honestly, i would stick to CWE codeine over poppy pod tea just because codeine is so much more consistent, and its not at all likely that you will OD, which is a very real possibility with poppy pod tea.

The bitter taste is definitely a sign of how strong it is, but ive had some poppy seed tea that was so bitter and strong that 3 small SIPS put me on my ass and made me a bit nauseous. I threw out the tea because it was just ridiculously bad for me. So again, i would advise just sticking with codeine

The only reliable effect I get from poppy tea as I up the dose is nausea and maybe sedation at extremes. The buzz if there is much of one is usually gentle and long lived. I find I'm still groggy next day if I take it in the evening .. and wouldn't drive for 24 hours afterwards at least - I find it very noticeable but that's likely because I don't have opiate tolerance.

It tastes like all recreational botanicals ... rank! and pods and stalks are usually ground up before hand and steeped (or lightly boiled) to make a deeply appetising sludge - I used to just pour hot water over 2.5g or so of the dried material in a mug and leave it for 5-10 minutes as boiling it uped the nausea too much. Some people eat the sludge apparently - but it seemed to work for me without it .. but with natural products 2.5g could be a lot or it could be nothing. You have to experiment.

I'm sure there will be some pretty impressive information on the wider site if you dig around. I can imagine it might be a very useful detox aid, though I don't think that many people find it that recreational. That can be a good reason to use it instead of something else of course.

They are not that potent usually, the bitter taste is an indication of very strong pods which are not that common. With below average pods you might not get that taste but still get high taken enough. Take more next time, there is definitely more potential than codeine in those.

I disagree with cook, do not try to take a much larger dosage unless you titrate the dosage slowly. Poppy tea isnt necessarily worth jumping right into. It takes a lot of experimenting to get it right, and even then you still might not like the high.

I disagree with cook, do not try to take a much larger dosage unless you titrate the dosage slowly. Poppy tea isnt necessarily worth jumping right into. It takes a lot of experimenting to get it right, and even then you still might not like the high.

Didnt say to take much larger dose, its just pretty normal to take more if the effects are not enough. 3 small pods isnt likely to do much at all.

Best way to dose is to crush all the pods on hand at once and test the potency of the whole batch beginning at something like 3-5 grams, and measure the doses by weight always.

youll get better results without too much in each pot. if using a coffeemaker. I usually use 3 very large maybe 10 smaller 1" pods per pot of say 4 cups (2 large coffeemugs) first one is strong then wash is weak. I can tell by taste the strength usually. one or two pots a day is fine to keep wd/pain at bay.

I am going to throw this out there. I blow 4-5 opana 20s daily and I just tried poppy pods today. I powdered 5-7 pods up ang mixed one tablespoon in yogurt and ate that. I can tell you that even though I am not nodding, I def have that warm feeling. Now I just ate that about 2 hrs ago or so. I don't know if it's right at the beginning or what but want to know how much more I could go to get a killer buzz.

Apperently what I thought was 5 grams of powder was actually 15 grams I took. Still though, I don't have any pain. All good, get my opana tomorrow so this is def a viable option to hold me over for a couple days.

This is really borderline OP in regards to what's acceptable material here in Basic Drug Discussion, which us Mods tend to run as a Harm Reduction only police state of sorts. There are many resources available online regarding how to make poppy tea. Reddit seems to be a pretty great resourse. It's just not really our thing here on Bluelight, but it's definitely other peoples' thing.

I have no experience with poppy pod tea, but sure want too! But wanted to say, I love hydrocodone, and that stuff, but i get nausea from it, I find if i take a dramamine 30 min before taking a pain pill it quails the nausea!

Ok so just to let all know, I am relativly new to the poppy pod deal. I say sadly that I am an opiate veteran. This pod stuff has helped me immensely with withdraws. I grind the pods, mix 2 tablespoons in white grapefruit juice, ang knock it back. Never done tea. It might take longer to come on but I find I can be pain free for at least 12-16 hrs no problem. Only thing that sucks is the mental issue of not snorting a couple opanas. I have to wait till the 31st sadly for those. Anyway if it kills my pain, then pretty sure even at a low dose will help most tremendously.

Now I am looking into Kratom. Anyone know much about that?

Hard to find the pods but not impossible. I also have found the seeds to work well. Just messy. I do the simple bottle, seeds, water, lemon/lime juice and shake for 5 mins. I drink that first cup ang then do another wash then knock that back. I find it to last pretty long for my pain. I have yet to get high off any of the pods or tea though it does kill my pain issues. Too scared to try a bigger dose.

This is really borderline OP in regards to what's acceptable material here in Basic Drug Discussion, which us Mods tend to run as a Harm Reduction only police state of sorts. There are many resources available online regarding how to make poppy tea. Reddit seems to be a pretty great resourse. It's just not really our thing here on Bluelight, but it's definitely other peoples' thing.

I apologize