View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First lsd experience...

LazyNORTHWEST

Greenlighter
Hi everyone this is my first post so please bear with me. (I appreciate any advice or corrections)
Weight: 150lbs
Dose: 500ug? (What I was told)

Iv'e been wanting to experience lsd for years and my friend messaged me letting me know he had 500ug tabs $15 a tab.
We met up at a park at 7:15pm and my friend was high asf on 7 tabs and thought i was the police so he had me take my tab in front
of him which I didn't argue. Shortly after I was back in my room with the tasteless red and black little piece of cardboard
Under my tongue which I swallowed after 15 mins. I started getting very anxious around 8:00pm because i noticed nothing.
soon after I started smoking weed and suddenly I felt a different relaxing euphoria and I was really giggly... But I have to say I
was disappointed for my first experience I was hoping to enjoy it a little more, instead I spent the night restless in bed with a major
headache and clenched jaw.

Does anyone have any advice for a pleasant experience?
Thank you.
LazyNORTHWEST

* SET and SETTING are critical. If you‘re doing acid while you‘re exhausted, or frustrated, or in a place or around someone that makes you uncomfortable, then the end result is likely going to be a bad trip.

* Unless you‘re on a heavy dose of antipsychotics or benzos, there‘s no way that tab contained 500 micrograms of LSD. 500 micrograms of LSD is a dose that would completely blow the mind of all but the most experienced trippers. A typical „hit“ is usually advertised to be 100 micrograms, although street blotters are often heavily underdosed so they may be closer to 70 or even 50. The really „strong“ blotters may contain ~250 micrograms, but a 500 microgram street blotter is basically unheard of, unless it‘s not real LSD but an „NBOMe“-compound, although you would probably have noticed a bitter/numbing taste in your mouth if that had been the case.

* Anyway, 500 micrograms is wayyy too much for a first-time tripper. If you‘re tripping alone you could start with 100, maybe 150 if you have a tripsitter.

* Don‘t smoke weed when tripping unless you‘ve already had a few psychedelic experiences. Weed tends to cause an unpredictable potentiation of psychedelic trips, and often not in a good way. If you want to „mellow out“ a particularly stressful trip, take a light dose of Xanax or a similar benzo. If you want to abort the trip full-stop, take a moderate amount of benzos and some antipsychotics (ex.: Seroquel or Risperdal).

ur friend has 500ug tabs for $15

im calling BS on that price and tabs that strong

i would say to do 100-125 ug in nature (secluded), somewhere that u wont be bothered by people. on a warm sunny day if possible.

with a sober trip sitter (someone who you are close with and is friendly and not a dickhead)

dont use your phone or laptop while tripping, get a good playlist of songs that might suit the LSD headspace, in case you want music, you might not.

also before you drop, examine why you are taking the lsd, what you hope to gain from the experience, set an intention with what you would like to work through with your experience.

Thanks, yeah i don't belive the dose was accurate. Thanks for the advice I'll definitely follow it!

There is almost no way that tab was anywhere near 500ug. It sounds like a typical street tab, which means it is probably under 100ug. I just say that based on your description of the effects, and it's just a guess. Your friend might think it's 500ug, but it's so common for dealers to exaggerate their dosage, especially since with LSD there's really almost no way to tell. It's so common that a lot of people think LSD is less potent than it is, because they choose to believe the "triple dipped 250ug tabs" story they were fed.

It's also entirely possible to sell someone blotter with no LSD on it, you can't tell the difference without testing it. LSD has no taste and you can't see it on the blotter.

Last edited:
7 500ug tabs aka 3.5 mg your friend was on is a severe overdose...I'm surprised he could speak or walk as you say

1oo ug is a good dose for a first timer....5oo ug is enough to fully incapacitate you and black you out for 5 hours.

Don't listen to your friends they have no idea what they are saying...consult the internet next time

If your friend was on 7 500ug tabs he wouldn’t be in this reality let alone able to deal you acid. Sounds like someone is selling shitty tabs for a high price