• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

first legit time - gel cap

Heh, that's one of the first lessons of tripping: Don't look into the mirror. Unless you're Cristiano Ronaldo.

But yeah, even bad trips can atleast work as a lesson. LSD definitely isn't something you take to relax in the evening; trips require a certain degree of preparation, as the experience is dominated by set and setting (i.e. your mindset, your emotional state, your surroundings, the people around you...). LSD can provide tremendous insights and blissful epiphanies, but there is also a chance of a bad trip that may unlock latent mental illnesses (though I wouldn't worry about that too much right now - the worrying can make this something of a self-fulfilling prophecy).

If you have a benzo (ex.: xanax, ativan...) then that can help abort a bad trip, or (if carefully dosed), get a tense trip back under control. It is generally a very bad idea for inexperienced trippers to smoke weed, on the other hand, because that usually tends to intensify the trip rather than help relax you.

Take care :)

Good advice man. Although bad trips tend to scare people away from psychedelics or at least serve as a harsh lesson. At night by myself I'd probably go for a shorter duration and less hectic psych like shrooms. The dose plays a huge role in effects too. As you said, set and setting are key. I never trip in places I'm not comfortable with, and try not to when I'm not mentally 'all there'. Comprehensive summary. You must be a regular here. Nice to meet you :)

Heh, that's one of the first lessons of tripping: Don't look into the mirror. Unless you're Cristiano Ronaldo.
LMAO! I bet even Ronaldo would hate what he saw. Narcissists don't exactly seem comfortable when they're tripping on acid from my experience. All over the place. You could be right though. I know I for one avoid reflective surfaces at all conceivable costs on psychs. And for good reason as you know!

If you have a benzo (ex.: xanax, ativan...) then that can help abort a bad trip, or (if carefully dosed), get a tense trip back under control. It is generally a very bad idea for inexperienced trippers to smoke weed, on the other hand, because that usually tends to intensify the trip rather than help relax you.

Take care :)
Great advice man. I always keep a short-acting benzo on hand. Even long-acting wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. We call them trip cancellers. If you wanna completely annihilate the trip then add in a 1st gen antihistamine like promethazine. It's filthy as. Basically nutmeg. Literally what antipsychotics were made from. Double trip canceler/zombifier. Antagonises D2 AND 5HT2A so no chance of tripping.

Hahaha smoking weed to 'calm yourself down',,, man the amount of times I've heard someone ask that. It's an intuitive thing to think I suppose but cannabis is technically a psychedelic so yeh really not a good idea to take a drug that affects your mood when you've just opened the fuck out of your mind. It's super nice if you know what you're doing though. I like smoking or taking an edible on the comedown personally.

I remember the first time I happened to look at myself on psychedelics, I thought I saw some sort of degenerate ogre. This other time I was at a party where I was relatively comfortable, and upon looking at myself I saw a certain wolfish strength in my face. So you see, set and setting matters :) But you can still learn a lot from a difficult experience.

When I trip nowadays I just try to laugh it off, and focus my thoughts on things other than me being self-conscious about my appearance (I wouldn't need psychedelic-enhanced introspection to know I have issues with that, heh).

i?m just so happy i?m not alone right now. please don?t leave

I'm here man. Just try to chill out a bit. Do what makes you comfortable. Try not to stress. I know it's hard. When I have to calm myself down in a trip I try to meditate. It's actually a lot easier to do on psychs too. Just try sitting down somewhere comfortable and warm and closing your eyes for 5 minutes. Clear your thoughts and focus on your breathing. Surrender to the trip. Don't fight it. It's beautiful. Try to catch a glimpse of the state of egoless bliss the Tibetian Book of the Dead refers to as 'The Clear Light'. Just don't think of anything and enjoy the pure beauty of Lucy.|

By the way, do you remember what dose you took man?

everything that?s wrong now is it alone... i?m not comfortable in my own home. i just moved here....i don?t do well with spiders ans cebtipeds and i?m in the basement i swear if i see one my trip will 500% take a horrible turn

I remember the first time I happened to look at myself on psychedelics, I thought I saw some sort of degenerate ogre. This other time I was at a party where I was relatively comfortable, and upon looking at myself I saw a certain wolfish strength in my face. So you see, set and setting matters :) But you can still learn a lot from a difficult experience.

When I trip nowadays I just try to laugh it off, and focus my thoughts on things other than me being self-conscious about my appearance (I wouldn't need psychedelic-enhanced introspection to know I have issues with that, heh).

Yeh, for sure man. I'm right with you there. I used to be so self-conscious, anxious and depressed. Not anywhere near that level of pedantry now but it still happens. Psychedelics give you the introspection to analyse your self, your conscious and unconscious habits, and present opportunity for change. I've changed my life for the better in recent months through using psychedelics and the effect that's had on my state of mind, how I see the world and how I think. I'm far more optimistic, but not in a cheesy way.

Oscar Wilde said 'Those who find ugly meanings in beautiful things are corrupt without being charming. This is a fault." I definitely agree with him now and I think life is beautiful if you let it. Nothing is good or bad but thinking makes it so. We really do make our own reality. Sometimes I really wish more people would try psychs.

I'm here man. Just try to chill out a bit. Do what makes you comfortable. Try not to stress. I know it's hard. When I have to calm myself down in a trip I try to meditate. It's actually a lot easier to do on psychs too. Just try sitting down somewhere comfortable and warm and closing your eyes for 5 minutes. Clear your thoughts and focus on your breathing. Surrender to the trip. Don't fight it. It's beautiful. Try to catch a glimpse of the state of egoless bliss the Tibetian Book of the Dead refers to as 'The Clear Light'. Just don't think of anything and enjoy the pure beauty of Lucy.|

By the way, do you remember what dose you took man?
they were 2black squares.. Gelatin like. i took one soon as i clocked off work.. i work as a sous chef at the black pearl i love my job but it?s been so stressful. i need to call somebody but it?s 4am.

everything that?s wrong now is it alone... i?m not comfortable in my own home. i just moved here....i don?t do well with spiders ans cebtipeds and i?m in the basement i swear if i see one my trip will 500% take a horrible turn

Don't worry about it man. Just focus on the amazing feeling. Let her take you. There won't be a horrible turn if you know how to let go of the steering wheel. What do you like to do? I know I love to draw on psychedelics. The amount of creativity they give you is amazing. You got this man. Harness yourself in and ride the wave. Think of what you're good at and maybe when you're feeling up to it, just give it a go. You might surprise yourself. :)

Just in future try to plan it better, as Hodor said. Make sure you're feeling all right mentally, maybe bring a close friend or 2, and do it with no deadlines, set a day aside and make sure you're in a familiar place you feel comfortable in.

Don't worry about it man. Just focus on the amazing feeling. Let her take you. There won't be a horrible turn if you know how to let go of the steering wheel. What do you like to do? I know I love to draw on psychedelics. The amount of creativity they give you is amazing. You got this man. Harness yourself in and ride the wave. Think of what you're good at and maybe when you're feeling up to it, just give it a go. You might surprise yourself. :)

Just in future try to plan it better, as Hodor said. Make sure you're feeling all right mentally, maybe bring a close friend or 2, and do it with no deadlines, set a day aside and make sure you're in a familiar place you feel comfortable in.
im so hungry dude. im just scared of giving myself a bad trip. i think for me to experience everything you mentjkmdd i would have to take the second one.

i feel calm when i listen to j cole. he?s so clever. man i got in a fight the other day and i can feel everything in excess. it hurts.

should i take the second one or what

Re-dosing during a trip tends to be a waste of drugs due to the extremely rapid tolerance build-up.

You probably would't give yourself more visuals, just extend the phase of unpleasant stimulation and paranoia that happens when you're coming down off of a bad trip.

Re-dosing during a trip tends to be a waste of drugs due to the extremely rapid tolerance build-up.

You probably would't give yourself more visuals, just extend the phase of unpleasant stimulation and paranoia that happens when you're coming down off of a bad trip.
not bad anymore thanks to music. but yeah just mind fucked rn. definitely need 2 hits plus a very nice set and setting like you mentioned...

Yeh it probably wouldn't make it that much stronger. Just wasteful man. Just save it.

i feel calm when i listen to j cole. he?s so clever. man i got in a fight the other day and i can feel everything in excess. it hurts.

I'm glad you're listening to music. It really contributes to the trip, but can be confronting if you hadn't already been listening to it, or if it's unfamiliar or distasteful to you.

not bad anymore thanks to music. but yeah just mind fucked rn. definitely need 2 hits plus a very nice set and setting like you mentioned...

Not sure if 2 hits would be a good idea. I would suggest taking it slower and maybe trying 1.5 first.

One problem is that you never really know how much LSD there is in your blotters/tabs/solution. Generally, a typical "hit" is supposed to be around 100 micrograms, but more often than not, it's probably below that (I believe the average was about 70 micrograms per hit a few years ago). However, there are also tabs out there that are dosed pretty strongly, like ~200 micrograms per blotter square. If this acid was weak and the next "acid" you acquire is significantly stronger, you might find 2 hits to be wayyy overwhelming.

The other issue is that psychedelics tend to have a fairly non-linear dose-response curve. 200 micrograms can be a completely different experience from 100. You were freaked out by looking at yourself on your phone? Well, at a certain dosage level you might start to experience thought loops and short-term-memory suppression. Imagine getting trapped in a loop where you get to "enjoy" that sensation over and over and over and over and over again.

One last thing: Before you attempt to trip again, remember about the rapid tolerance build-up. Basically, you're going to need around 2 weeks for your tolerance to more or less fully reset.

next time i?m dedknitely taking 2 and hanging out with somebody i trust. never alone again

Everyone's a tenderfoot the first time, Kira. Eventually you'll be more acquainted with it, but folks have no idea how powerful the LSD experience is until they actually try it. I know I sure didn't.