Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First K-Hole Advice

lightblue543

Bluelighter
Hi.

For a long while now I've been in a really crappy life situation, which is coupled with a lot of suicidal ideation, and deep-seated negative thoughts. Drug use has kept this at bay, but really in the end this solves nothing, and potentially just makes my life even worse! It seems like all my friends are moving on with their life, and I'm just stagnating in a pit of hopelessness...

I've been reading a lot about Ketamine and the K-Hole -- and from what I've read -- it sounds like it could be something of a solution to my issues. Maybe it'll give me positive insights into why I'm like this, and give me the power to move on with my life?

I considered insufflating for my first time just to get a bit of a feel for it, but I don't really feel like ordering powder and liquid at the same time; so instead, I figure it would just be best to go head first into the K-Hole itself. I've had plenty of experience with DXM, which at 1st and 2nd plateau doses I really love, however at the 3rd plateau I started to feel seriously shit about myself and all the things going on in my life, not to mention all the hard truths that began to arise from my Psyche... I was wondering if Ket. will do the same? I just need to know what to expect. Erowid can only tell me so much. I've considered using LSD or Shrooms instead, but when I'm at this 'fragile' state in my life I know this would end up backfiring; Ket. sounds like a happy-medium.

Reasons for using:
- May improve life in general, give me a reason to continue onward. Maybe even help with my alcoholism (which to be fair is likely doing a boat-load of more damage than Ketamine ever will).

Reasons against using:
- Past kidney issues related to unidentified infection, which have sadly weakened them. Although I haven't had a flareup in almost 2 years. Even if they hurt a bit during the experience I don't think it'll matter given that I'll be so numbed out; although I seriously doubt occasional Ket. usage will do any lasting damage. Even something as simple as drinking too much coffee can over-strain my Kidneys and make them hurt! So long as I don't go longer than a several hours without water intake they are usually perfectly fine though.
- Fragile mind-set. Most of the first-time experiences on Erowid went pretty soundly by the looks of it, save for a few anomalies. So, all in all it looks like a safe drug, but I still have to be careful.

I might order a bottle of the stuff (with the needle and all that) in a short while, but I just need to hear it from BL first.

Rest and hydrate. The day you do this, you'll not want to run to the restroom. No food or drink at least 8 hours before. Just sips of water or ice chips. Have a nice long piss before you injest the ketamine. Have a comfortable set and setting.'The ideal thing would be to have a sober sitter that can take care of you,,should you need it. My theroy. Start setting your head in the direction of where you want to go.
Your purposes are for depression? Face things that pop up. Depressive issues will start to lighten up.

Don't ask too much of the ketamine. It can only do so much at one time.

If you are concerned, only if you have a sitter or tolerance, Valium can help smooth out some anxiety.

Just me talking, but if I could use 1/2g+ of ketamine a week, I would be a much happier man.

Last edited:
I don't think you should necessarily use drugs to 'fix' any depression you might be feeling. It's never, never going to fix it except for temporarily. I will say that ketamine is a strange and very powerful hallucinogen, and it has the potential to wake people up spiritually in a way I haven't seen in any other drug. Use it respectfully if you decide to try it. It is one of the strongest trips you will experience ever.

Stay safe. Life isn't too bad, and we can always find solutions to life's problems.

Work up in small increments to your hole. IME arriving too fast at your destination will lead to either a negative hole, or not remembering it at all. I like to rack up multiple lines as bumps, and wait until each bump hits and I settle in before moving on to the next one.

This method is less likely to cause confusion, though I find that only one isomer of ketamine causes the kind of k-hole that I desire (CEV's, sliding down passageways, gliding over landscapes etc).

It can make music sound weird, so I always stick with downtempo, personally. For some reason that isn't affected.

IME, the S isomer is far better for , well...everything. It is not dysphoric on the comedown (for me) and is much more psychedelic than racemic. Some people will dispute this and, for them, the racemic is better, but having done both I will stay with S. DON'T buy S isomer powder as you never know what you'll get. S isomer injectable is not too common, but if you look in the right place it is readily and cheaply available.
Lastly, I do not recommend IV...too fast!!! IM is the way to go and you needn't hole to help your depression; although "holing" is fucking awesome!

I wouldn't sell yourself on the vague notion of its anti-depressant effect and at the same time seeking recreation or fascination in a k-hole. Be very honest to yourself about just wanting to use this drug and disregard the anti-depressant effect (which may be a welcome bonus perhaps) if you want to use it with any frequency. The anti-depressant dosage is much lower and you don't want to set yourself up with the idea that you sort of need the depression relief and subsequently becoming dependent on just using K recreationally. Mixing up your intentions like that is a classic mistake.
Just keeping it simple as recreational and confronting yourself about the addictive potential is a much better idea to stay realistic about your use.

As a one-off thing to try and turn things around mentally as a reset - well ketamine can do strange things and be transformative. But just like psychedelics it is unpredictable. (although usually during the experience the emotional component is either removed or very one-dimensional - sometimes powerful but it's much too dissociated to have a conscious rollercoaster of emotions).
So yeah it may cause some change and it might offer some acute relief, but it can also fragment your mind or do other strange things. Transformative effect on the mind is probably a bit different from reliable medicinal anti-depressant action.

Maybe read the book by Karl Janssen on ketamine about the positive, negative, all of its sides very professionally and objectively / fairly.

I don't think ketamine is light on the kidneys... but it's weird: seems like it can cause liver injury but at the same time is safe to give with renal failure or impairment.

Just an update for anyone reading; I have a vial of Ketanest S now. It's got 250mg of Ket in it.

Gonna try it later on.

Haven't read the thread but my strong advice is to snort it and ease yourself into it do 25mg then wait 15- mins then do another bump etc. Put the liquid on a plate and put it on a hot sauce pan of water to get powder.

Last edited:
Haven't read the thread but my strong advice is to snort it and ease yourself into it do 25mg then wait 15- mins then do another bump etc. Put the liquid on a plate and put it on a hot sauce pan of water to get powder.

DO NOT waste that shit up your nose dude.

25 mg up you nose won't do jackfuckingshit!

Use a 3 ml Luer lock syringe with a 1" 22-25 gauge needle. Inject it in a muscle and lie down and wait...3-4 minutes later you'll hear ringing in your ears and then you'll be flying.

1-1.5 ml. (25-37.5 mg) is a good start.

You paid premium price to get liquid S isomer.
If you're going to snort it just buy the shit that's already dried out, it's cheaper.

Last edited:
Encouraging someone to inject drugs is not exactly great HR is it.

Last edited:
Encouraging someone to inject drugs is not exactly great HR is it.

Well, once it's inside the body, how it got there is irrelevant now isn't it Mr. "snort it"?

Snort it, shoot it, eat it, plug it or smoke it, it makes no difference, except for economically, and snorting it is a waste of good Ketamine, not to mention hard on the old mucosa.
If it wasn't already in a pharmaceutical vial I wouldn't have recommended shooting it, at least not IM, but seeing as how it is already in a vial and ready to go, I will stand by my original advice...shoot that shit!

Besides, the dose I suggested was a very conservative dose, even for a beginner.

Last edited: