• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

First experience with weed (edibles). A bit weird? With questions.

Raimen

Greenlighter
So, I've never had any weed before, mostly because I have a phobia for inhaling things, especially smoke. I've done other things - pain pills, heroin, some benzos - but I wanted to give weed a shot, especially since it would be less dangerous than other stuff I was doing. So I bought a batch of brownies from someone I met who made them for me.

First think I noticed was the smell. Hoooooly hell, as I was driving them home in my car, even in a tupperware container, they were smelling up the whole car. Then when I went to eat them, they tasted far worse than they smelled. Now, I know I have an especially sensitive sense of taste. I almost can't drink alcohol, because anything stronger than 5% makes me want to throw up. I can taste it in drinks when most other people said they were pretty sure there was no alcohol in it at all, and it must be my imagination. So similarly, these brownies were downright gag-worthy. (This is why things like pills and shots appeal to me; I don't have to smoke or snort anything, and I don't have to taste anything.)

So of course I'd done my research ahead of time, and I knew to take it slow with edibles. But so far I've had a natural tolerance with every drug I've tried. So first I started by eating 1 brownie. It took several hours to kick in, and when it finally did, all I got was a bit of dizziness and light-headedness. But by now it was too late in the day to try more. So I decided I'd try again later.

Next time I tried (I double bagged them in grocery bags and put them in the freezer), knowing my natural tolerance to things, and the fact that 1 brownie did just about nothing, I ate more. When I ate them I had to hold my nose, keep as little contact with my tongue as possible, and immediately follow eat bite with a mouthful of soda. Still, near the end of my third brownie, I had to stop because when I went to put another bite in my mouth, I dry-heaved and just couldn't do it anymore.

So now the waiting game. I had eaten them around noon, and it was around 6 or 7 when I was feeling the effects the strongest. However, I was only getting stronger dizziness and light-headedness. Saddened, I figured weed was just not going to be for me. However, at some point, when I was sitting on my bed with my laptop on my lap, I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against the backboard. WHOOSH. I was off. Now, several years ago, I learned how to do hypnosis, and was myself hypnotized several times, and did self-hypnosis a number of times. That's exactly what this felt like. A hypnosis trance. I opened my eyes again. Just dizzy and light-headed. Close eyes. Off into another dimension. So, fascinated, I started the steps for self-hypnosis. I went into a deeper trance than I could have ever imagined. I felt detached from my body, like my mind was floating in outer space.

Ended up being a very interesting and cool experience. But, really not worth having to gag down every bite.

So now, my questions:
-do all edibles smell/taste so strongly? I keep reading stories of people who ate brownies/muffins and didn't even realized that they had weed in them. After my experience, I can't imagine not realizing. Were these just made weirdly?
-Is that pretty much what weed usually feels like? I've heard that smoked and eaten tends to feel different. What's the difference? And is this the typical experience with edibles?
-Has anyone else here tried hypnosis? If so, do you think there are any similarities with the high you get from marijuana?

Edibles shouldn't stink too strong, professionally made should not stink at all. The method of extraction will make a difference so buying properly made butter or oil before baking will result in less smell. Home made butter depends on the skill of the maker and method of extraction. I make my own oil and edibles and carry them anywhere in a plastic bag with no smell. I've even had them on myself while being sniffed by a drug dog, done right there shouldn't be much smell to secure and it shouldn't trigger most dogs.

I would guess the straining of plant matter poorly would result in stinky baking, not the actual baking.

It really depends. I've had edibles that had no cannabis flavor/smell, and some that reeked. I personally prefer edibles made with BHO instead of dry bud for this reason, no smell at all. (They seem to kick in faster too, for me at least)