View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Experience With LSD.

Travisious

Greenlighter
I've been a long-time lurker on Bluelight, but now a first-time poster, hopefully this is an okay first post.
My friend wanted me to detail as best I could my first, and sadly as of yet, only experience with the beast named LSD.
Sadly there are no english words to do justice to this wonderful drug, some of the moments I had felt comparable to describing what red looks like, but I did my best.
Tell me your thoughts!
"So I had about 4 hits of acid, and I was really debating on if I should take them the night I got them or not,
but after my friend pressured me into it I decided on my usual mindset of "Why the fuck not?"

So, keep in mind I live in bum fuck nowhere, in the middle of the woods... Beautiful during the day time, but at night it's almost as if you can hear the wolves raping the imaginary orphans in the woods.
Totally wrong vibe.
Also, I was in my room, alone, with really the only light being my computer screen.
So anyway, after taking all of that into consideration, I took 2 blotters.
I took them at 11:45pm, let them sit on my tongue, until around 12:30 I noticed I was starting to feel slightly different.
Very subtly, it started as more of a body high, my entire body felt tingly and relaxed.

Then I felt woozy, almost drunk, minus the disorientation.
The walls started to look as if they were dripping.
And then something completely unexpected happened. My entire mood changed to joyful, I was smiling like a fucktard, laughing at absolutely everything, I was slightly unaware of the mental side LSD affects, I've always felt in control no matter what substance I was on, so this was new.
After awhile I started watching a movie, I thought a good idea would be to watch a Disney movie which I had never seen before "Tangled".

BAD FUCKING IDEA. Everything started to terrify me, FUCKING EVERYTHING. And not in a normal "scary" way, it all had this vibe that I hadn't experience since I was a child, it brought me back to one of my earliest memories of sneaking upstairs to watch the simpsons when I was around 7, and the episode that was on had Goldilocks running through the woods and stopping in at the three bears house, and after closing the door all you could hear was a scream and blood flow beneath the door, and it was that same twisted dark humor that I love now that I'm older, that totally fucked me up when I was tripping.

I just want to pause here, and reflect. Tangled started my bad trip.

It was the dark humor, minus the humor.
So I decided it was time to change it up, and went outside to smoke a cigarette and some weed to see the effects with lsd, I think that may have fucked me up as well, paranoia was harddddddd.
And generally I'm not a very paranoid person.
I thought I had seriously just been stabbed several times in the back while walking from my car to the porch, by myself. As in I had a thought that what if I had to confront myself, and it attacked me.

Realizing I was tripping, I ignored what felt like physical pain, and sat on my front porch and smoked.

I started noticing how fucking beautiful everything was, meanwhile forcing myself to laugh in an attempt to stop myself from freaking the fuck out.
The smoke from the cigarette looked mind-blowing, the forest danced back and forth in front of me, and I saw lights and colors I could never see while sober. I looked at album artwork, and it felt as if I was there.
Music hit so much deeper.
There was one point where I had an conundrum, that I still debate on, I stood in front of a mirror, with only a cigarette and thought if the world ends right now, and only I am left, when would be the best time to smoke one last cigarette?
After hours going by, in seemingly minutes, I truly wanted the trip to end, I wrote on my hand before taking the hits, as some form of trying to ground myself if I started to trip too hard, but SHOCKINGLY "TOTH" and a smiley face, really didn't fucking help all that much!
I tried laying down, but it felt like the respiratory control center of my brain said fuck it, and for the reminder of my trip, I had to constantly remind myself to breathe. While trying to sleep, I noticed I was stuck in a cycle, it went all balls to the wall insane for moments, followed by moments of sanity, where I could attempt to calm myself down. At one point I convinced myself I was in a hospital room, surrounded by family. And it continued, until almost as if I lost all fear of death, and then I finally fell asleep.

The next day was difficult, I felt numb at work, even more so than normal.
And that continued for a few days, until I really mentally processed everything, and goddamn...
I don't know if it's true about finding yourself, but I sure as hell hope not.
But I still found the experience absolutely amazing, and I'm excited about my next trip."

Great post mate, welcome!

Didnt think Tangled would turn it into a bad trip, i probably would have done the same sort of thing thinking it would be an amazing idea and be hilarious.

Very nice account detailed my friend, and welcome :)

This would fit nicely in our Trip Reports section, mind if I move it there?

I know the feeling of having to remind yourself to breath, but it's actually very unlikely that is what really happens - rather like in panic attacks, one actually breaths fine naturally (one doesn't need that many / that frequent), and it's more about getting yourself riled up I'm sure. That realization may help the next time it happens. Only look out when really in danger like when on a lot of downers.

wth = toth?

Thanks guys for the welcome! And absolutely you can move it, I wasn't quite sure if it was the correct place to post this so I apologize for that.
I do have a few questions though if that's cool.
1. How does someone become functional whilst tripping? I have a buddy who goes to work every day tripping balls, and still manages to get work done. It seems impossible for me to get used to it. So is it more how they handle acid in the first place, or more so they become used to it?

2. I was actually on speed, I did a few lines 6 hours prior, and although I didn't feel it at the time before I took the hits, I think the combination might have been another issue. So if I want the best experience for my next trip, which mixes well? Or is it better to not have anything else in my system.

Also Toth stands for Thinners of the herd.
I was listening to an angsty band called code orange kids, and they yell it angrily a lot. And for whatever reason it jumped in my mind haha