• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First dose of Oxy in the morning

dinodog234

Greenlighter
Hi I was wondering, why is it that when I take my first dose of Oxy in the morning, it doesn't give me the normal euphoria that I get from every dose after that? It doesn't matter if I take 20mg or 60mg, I just can't feel it.

Last edited:
We don't use SWIM, so please edit your post and read the rules :)
Welcome to Bluelight btw

I think we need more information.

What is your dosing schedule like? For example, do you take oxy throughout the day? How often and how much? For how long have you been taking oxy? Do you take it every single day?

Is your reason for using recreational, for pain management or for both? If you don't mind me asking, of course.

Usually the first dose of the day for most people is the most effective dose of the day. If your taking the second dose close to the time you take your first dose then it may be your tolerance is high and one dose isn't enough anymore. If your doses are spaced out (like for pain management) then I don't know why your first dose isn't effective.

I get 90 10's per month, I take them until I run out, throughout each day until I run out (takes about 5 days) I normally take them 2 pills at a time, because that gets me high. I've only been taking oxy in general for the past year and a half. Starting with Oxy 5's 90 of those, then just recently going up to 10's. It's for recreational use.

No consistency in your schedule, your tolerance is out of wack, how you are dosing it's just stacking in your body so after a few doses your pretty good since you are just taking them to get high snd if as many where you only last 90 threw 5 days your tolerance is your answer, out of wack since you are just popping like candy

I kinda figured that it was simply tolerance and irratic recreational dosing but I don't want to jump to conclusions.

To the original poster: If tolerance is the reason then you should consider slowing down. Tolerance and addiction only get worse as you continue to use. Pretty soon you may have to take even more pills than you do now together at the same time, or close together, before you'll feel anything.

Ya it's tolerance as I said before, and opioid receptors burn out extremely rapidly. I have been on 10mg x4 a day for 3 months trying to not increase much because iv had opiate w/d before snd it is hell. Although you should be having the time off since your off so quickly . It is better to just truly not go higher. I. Gonna get back off soon iv turned in close to 800mg of combined opiate mg's to my pdoc when I quit