First Cycle for Strength

Marxist Junkie

Greenlighter
Gday lads,

About to place an order on the DNM's for a couple PED's for my first cycle. I've been training the Big 3 with a few Strongman days a month since 18. Im a 23 year old male, weigh 125KG and stand at 6 foot 5. My recent bloodwork came back at 375ng/dl so on the lower end for my age. I also use Opioids a couple times a week which is probably the cause of my low levels.

So my 8 week cycle is as follows:
125mg Testosterone Cypionate E3D
10mg Oxandralone T.I.D. I am mostly doing this for enhanced quality of life, with the secondary bonus being increased performance in the gym.

After I finish the eight weeks I plan to do 75mg Testosterone Cypionate E3D until I decide to cycle again. I am aware at my age I'll likely severe natural production which I'm fine with as I already have a child and don't plan on nor want another.

As far as strength training goes is there another oral you'd recommend? From what I gather Oxandralone has modest strength increases with very minimal side effects. Other then that, are there any other recommendations? Maybe an injectable instead of Oxandralone? Cheers fellas.

I would recommend not going anywhere near gear until you hit at least 30. You mention not being bothered but you are 23, how do you know that? I wish I never started gear so young and I was your age, or around that, when I started. Unless you are going to get something out of taking it that goes beyond posing for selfies and hitting PRs in the gym (without competing and making a living from it) it's pointless. You have to be really prepared to take steroids and most of that preparation comes naturally with time, and age. You have plenty of natural gains left to be had and with strongman I know its feasible to become pretty strong naturally so long as you back it up with solid amounts of food, recovery and rehab.

And your dimensions also equate to significantly more room for development considering your larger frame will mean more muscle mass. You just have to be patient and let those gains come with hard work and dedication. There are no magic pills and the allure to taking gear these days for lots of people, especially younger people, is largely misguided due to their popularizing over the years.

As for your cycle, its pretty simple and works, which is good. You don't need orals AND injectables for your first cycle. You don't know whether side effects will occur and what is causing them. It is best to stick to a single ester compound for your first cycle and then add orals perhaps for the next one if the first goes well.

I also don't see the point in you not coming off after your first cycle. You are already planning to stay on before you've found out how you respond. You should come off, cycle a PCT and then figure things out from there. Planning to remain on gear before you've even tried it rings alarm bells for me. If you are looking for TRT you may as well scrap the first planned cycle and then just opt for a TRT cycle for your first time out, see how things go, come off and then if its what you want to do then just stick with a TRT program instead of starting higher than going lower than potentially going higher again in terms of dose. You get the gains you want without larger side effects with superphysiological doses, also solve the lower than normal T levels as well while not fucking around with your body. Just plain sailing on a standard TRT dose.

Anavar is good but if you're doing strongman and you're looking for that edge, you won't find it with anavar. It will enhance pumps and also boost endurance too. I used to use it for cardio training and found at mild doses it benefited my workouts. As for gains they are minimal. Its also far more beneficial taking it with an injectable and this is because anavar helps to enable free test in the body when used in combination with other steroids which means more clout with the hormones you use. That being said, I don't think going down that route is advisable, in my opinion anyway, as already stated. I always opt for the lesser option when it comes to gear. I'd much rather stick to one compound for the rest of my life at the lowest possible feasible dose and stick to it so that reduces most side effects while giving me the best bang for my buck for what I want to do. That's just me though.

I have been "the guy" who experimented with different compounds and at one point risking my health to do so. I've been well beyond 1000mg a week and had maybe 5 compounds in my body at the same time and these being some of the most powerful ones. I guess my perspective is from one of overindulgence and also probable just downright abuse so my caution isn't without reason. I'm now off gear for the best part of 6 months after health complications that stemmed from gear related issues (heart being one of those fairly important organs affected). I'm 31 btw and among the top 5% for fitness among all age groups so my health scare even perplexed the docs. Started when I was 23-24. I also had low T too.

If there's anything I can add its more very wary of jumping on the gear bandwagon. Make sure you ABSOLUTELY know why you are doing it. Don't bullshit yourself. That's the worst thing you can do. And remember once you start its often a lifetime thing. The thing with gear is, once you start and you build the foundations (body, lifestyle, mentality etc) around gear, those foundations only remain up for as long as that pin goes into your ass. And then it all comes down. I've lost 90% of my gains over my usage "career" and I'm one of the healthier responsible ones. There's lots of guys out there smashing the gear while also smashing other drugs too that inevitably fuck them over just as badly when they are on gear. They eat like shit. They live like shit. They lose everything when they come off.

The body is a temple.
If you're going to put needles in that temple, make sure you know why and are capable of having enough self awareness to understand when the temple perhaps needs housekeeping and its time for the needles to leave.

From what you said, apart from the low T, there's no extensive criteria for you taking gear. Low T is enough to take gear, granted. But that's different to recreational use. Very different, especially when done right and with the science and expertise behind a genuine empirical well informed therapeutic cycle. So I'd have to caution you, all out of maximum respect for you and your body and your future of course :)

I would recommend not going anywhere near gear until you hit at least 30. You mention not being bothered but you are 23, how do you know that? I wish I never started gear so young and I was your age, or around that, when I started. Unless you are going to get something out of taking it that goes beyond posing for selfies and hitting PRs in the gym (without competing and making a living from it) it's pointless. You have to be really prepared to take steroids and most of that preparation comes naturally with time, and age. You have plenty of natural gains left to be had and with strongman I know its feasible to become pretty strong naturally so long as you back it up with solid amounts of food, recovery and rehab.

And your dimensions also equate to significantly more room for development considering your larger frame will mean more muscle mass. You just have to be patient and let those gains come with hard work and dedication. There are no magic pills and the allure to taking gear these days for lots of people, especially younger people, is largely misguided due to their popularizing over the years.

As for your cycle, its pretty simple and works, which is good. You don't need orals AND injectables for your first cycle. You don't know whether side effects will occur and what is causing them. It is best to stick to a single ester compound for your first cycle and then add orals perhaps for the next one if the first goes well.

I also don't see the point in you not coming off after your first cycle. You are already planning to stay on before you've found out how you respond. You should come off, cycle a PCT and then figure things out from there. Planning to remain on gear before you've even tried it rings alarm bells for me. If you are looking for TRT you may as well scrap the first planned cycle and then just opt for a TRT cycle for your first time out, see how things go, come off and then if its what you want to do then just stick with a TRT program instead of starting higher than going lower than potentially going higher again in terms of dose. You get the gains you want without larger side effects with superphysiological doses, also solve the lower than normal T levels as well while not fucking around with your body. Just plain sailing on a standard TRT dose.

Anavar is good but if you're doing strongman and you're looking for that edge, you won't find it with anavar. It will enhance pumps and also boost endurance too. I used to use it for cardio training and found at mild doses it benefited my workouts. As for gains they are minimal. Its also far more beneficial taking it with an injectable and this is because anavar helps to enable free test in the body when used in combination with other steroids which means more clout with the hormones you use. That being said, I don't think going down that route is advisable, in my opinion anyway, as already stated. I always opt for the lesser option when it comes to gear. I'd much rather stick to one compound for the rest of my life at the lowest possible feasible dose and stick to it so that reduces most side effects while giving me the best bang for my buck for what I want to do. That's just me though.

I have been "the guy" who experimented with different compounds and at one point risking my health to do so. I've been well beyond 1000mg a week and had maybe 5 compounds in my body at the same time and these being some of the most powerful ones. I guess my perspective is from one of overindulgence and also probable just downright abuse so my caution isn't without reason. I'm now off gear for the best part of 6 months after health complications that stemmed from gear related issues (heart being one of those fairly important organs affected). I'm 31 btw and among the top 5% for fitness among all age groups so my health scare even perplexed the docs. Started when I was 23-24. I also had low T too.

If there's anything I can add its more very wary of jumping on the gear bandwagon. Make sure you ABSOLUTELY know why you are doing it. Don't bullshit yourself. That's the worst thing you can do. And remember once you start its often a lifetime thing. The thing with gear is, once you start and you build the foundations (body, lifestyle, mentality etc) around gear, those foundations only remain up for as long as that pin goes into your ass. And then it all comes down. I've lost 90% of my gains over my usage "career" and I'm one of the healthier responsible ones. There's lots of guys out there smashing the gear while also smashing other drugs too that inevitably fuck them over just as badly when they are on gear. They eat like shit. They live like shit. They lose everything when they come off.

The body is a temple.
If you're going to put needles in that temple, make sure you know why and are capable of having enough self awareness to understand when the temple perhaps needs housekeeping and its time for the needles to leave.

From what you said, apart from the low T, there's no extensive criteria for you taking gear. Low T is enough to take gear, granted. But that's different to recreational use. Very different, especially when done right and with the science and expertise behind a genuine empirical well informed therapeutic cycle. So I'd have to caution you, all out of maximum respect for you and your body and your future of course :)
Thanks mate! You've given me a lot to think about.

I will do 75mg Cypionate E3D and asses the situation after a couple months.

You seem like a knowledgable bloke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate! You've given me a lot to think about.

I will do 75mg Cypionate E3D and asses the situation after a couple months.

You seem like a knowledgable bloke. Could I PM you in the future for advice?
75mg E3D means 175mg per week.
Given your size that is a reasonable dosage.
What is your BF%? I ask because that will have an impact on how much you aromatise.

75mg E3D means 175mg per week.
Given your size that is a reasonable dosage.
What is your BF%? I ask because that will have an impact on how much you aromatise.
I'm not sure about my body fat to be honest. I'd guess 15% ±3%

I'm not sure about my body fat to be honest. I'd guess 15% ±3%
Ok, so taking 175mg of Test Cypionate per week will probably multiply your current test levels by 3x.
At what time did you get the blood drawn? If it was early in the morning that should be your peak level, but if it was later then your peak levels would be more than that.

Your plan looks fine. You won't see much difference between the 2 doses you mentioned quality of life wise in my experience having done 150 and 250 per week cruises myself so I'd stick to the lower dose and just run it long term until you plateau. Depending on your own body, you can expect anywhere between 3-5x your dose as your "total test" number so anywhere between 525-875 really. Both numbers would put you in a good part of the reference range and bring you above where you're currently at.
I've been on since 23 yrs old (31 now) as well having gotten clean from opioids and still having tanked test in the 300s. You should definitely experience some quality of life benefits once you get to more reasonable numbers.