• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Firecrackers?

FutureReference

Bluelighter
Hey all,

A buddy of mine has been telling me the success he has with pain treatment using firecrackers. I have made cannabis infused butter before and have slight knowledge on firecrackers but as a teen all I remember is putting some shake in peanut butter between Graham crackers.

I have read that the fat is very important so am wondering which brand or type of peanut butter is ideal for this process? 325 degrees for 25 minutes or so? All I am thinking is to put maybe 1 gram of shake in the peanut butter in between the Graham crackers on some foil. Any advice much appreciated

I believe you are supposed to put them in the oven. Not sure tinfoil in the microwave is a good idea.. you can youtube but wouldn't recommend putting it in myself. Pretty sure people microwave after.. not sure why tbh.

THCA will decarb(turn into THC) at varying degrees of heat over varying amounts of time resulting in different levels of efficiency. There is a chart for this, but I don't make edibles myself so I"m not familiar with it. 325F in the oven for 25 min sounds like it would work but I could def be wrong.

I've been making firecrackers every night for about 3 months. Decent sized round crackers, spread generous amount of Nutella on two crackers, grind weed and place on one cracker, sandwich them, put in tin foil, 22min in oven at 325 degrees. You're golden. Add a lil bit of oil in to the cracker if you feel like it.

20 minutes at 200 to 220 works perfectly. Any more and you start vaping off good things.
Any peanut butter works, best go with your fav. And maybe avoid sugar and preservatives, just for health, not effect.

This site is worth checking: https://www.cnbs.org/cannabis-101/cannabis-decarboxylation/
They mention 230 for 30-45min, but definitely go low and slow in the low 200s and you will be toasting nicely.

ugh lol someone read something.. niice. did u use a microwave (kinda the stupidest invention ever lol ) or the oven method

Don’t have a mic, since mine started sparking and smoking 15years ago.
So I use my toaster oven, on very low.

Give it a shot, it’ll work well. Just set some time aside and enjoy the ride. (Can be wasaay more intense than smoking/vaping)

Hey all,

Thank you all for the advice! I didn't know if Nutella would work but it does work very well. I take:

2 Graham Crackers
Enough Nutella to make a layer on both
1 gram of shake

Put it in at about 250°F for 22 minutes and eat it while it is hot. Been doing it since the day I made this thread ? works just as well as butter at 1/10th of the time. Very good for pain

1) firecrackers are very inefficient; if you have the means to make some oil, do that. Use coconut oil.

2) it helps to pulverize the weed—sit there and grind it with the back end of a screwdriver to break those cell walls, like a mortar and pestle

Also, according to google, peanut butter has 16g of fat per 2tbsp vs. 11g in Nutella.

Thus, peanut butter would be the smarter choice in this case

1) firecrackers are very inefficient; if you have the means to make some oil, do that. Use coconut oil.

2) it helps to pulverize the weed—sit there and grind it with the back end of a screwdriver to break those cell walls, like a mortar and pestle

I have a ton of coconut oil, what would be the process for this? And I know PB has higher fat but I try to compensate by putting more Nutella on the crackers

Basically, you would put the coconut oil in a frying pan on low heat and add the pulverized weed. Simmer for a few hours (I recommend about 4) while mixing regularly. If the oil is bubbling/boiling, it’s too hot. Cover if you can.

Then strain the weed out with a pantyhose or something.

It would basically be the same as making butter.

I’d do some reading on cooking weed with oil before you start, cuz frankly it had been a number of years since I’ve done it.

Edit oh and for how much oil to use: if youre making brownies (soo good with coconut oil) just see how much the recipe calls for, and use that. For example if it calls for a cup, use a cup—then if you make a batch of 8 brownies and use 14grams of bud, you know each brownie will have half an 8th.

That’s the downside of making oil—you kinda need to make a larger batch, unless you make a tiny batch or something... but if you’re making firecrackers daily, might as well make a big batch since it is less wasteful

Another option I use is to make, or obtain, shatter and use that in place of Bud.
That way, you’re minimizing plant material and absorption takes minutes instead of hours.
It has a bit stonier effect, though, i find.
Edit: I should advise caution again for a different reason — the shatter method makes an edible largely void of any weed flavour. Those who would accidentally polish off a few, not knowing they were cannacookies, would be unintentionally dosed.

Last edited:
I hate being that girl but what’s a firecracker?

Haha it's fine. It is just an easy form of making an edible, bypassing having to make cannabudder or oil. All you need is Peanut Butter or Nutella, a Graham Cracker, some bud and an oven. 22 minutes at about 275° and you are ready to go!