• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

fire crackers made with cannabis wax .doesn't work?

The Doc.

Bluelighter
Hey there all you fine cannabis experts I have been stumped as to why when I made firecrackers with a 1/4gram wax/ hash oil and ate it nothing happened when normally a g of bud in a firecracker gets me floored almost puking. I follow this recipe here from
grass city forums-
http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...timate-marijuana-firecracker-recipe-pics.html

I follow it to a tee and use nutella when using weed and they turn out great all I didn't do with the hash oil was cook it before mixing it in the nutella in with it but I figured I can't cook the hash by itself in the oven it would vaporise and turn to liquid not get crispy like weed does.
The amount of hash I used usually is way too much for me to smoke so its not my tolerance but I felt absolutely nothing from eating the firecracker made with hash oil.
Any ideas for making then work with hash guys? Any idea why this happened?

i typically need a half gram of hash to get baked orally, but with wax i would imagine 1/4g would be plenty.

I wouldn't make firecrackers with wax though... try making low yield-cannabutter? I can't think why it wouldn't work, although i addmittedly don't know enough about making edibles from concentrates aside from cooking with canna-oil.

Maybe because you didn't decarb it? Firecrackers were always pretty hit or miss for me, especially without a decarb. I've had plenty of duds back when I first started with edibles.

Maybe because you didn't decarb it? Firecrackers were always pretty hit or miss for me, especially without a decarb. I've had plenty of duds back when I first started with edibles.

de carb??? what do you mean cook it first?

i typically need a half gram of hash to get baked orally, but with wax i would imagine 1/4g would be plenty.

I wouldn't make firecrackers with wax though... try making low yield-cannabutter? I can't think why it wouldn't work, although i addmittedly don't know enough about making edibles from concentrates aside from cooking with canna-oil.

your right its not the regular 40-50 percent THC content hash its the 80-90 percent cannabis wax all I need to smoke is about 1/16th maybe an 1/8th of a gram or so and I feel good. I mixed the stuff in real well with butter and nutella to keep lots of fat around it like how I do weed but I felt nothing at all. weird. ive never made the THC butter before I would like to learn how to though im sure theres plenty of recipies around the net but firecrackers are so easy to make I just had no weed at the time and couldn't smoke due to being sick so I tried a firecracker with hash instead of weed.

actauly the weird thing is I made firecrackers before with weed and the same wax cause I only had around .4 or so of weed so I put some wax in after mixing the weed in to make it stronger and it did get me blasted I could definetly feel the hash boost that time but when I did the hash alone I felt nothing.
strange defies all logic it seems lol

Last edited:
Yes, decarbing is heating marijuana to activate it. It converts THCA (not psychoactive) into THC (psychoactive). I do 30 minutes at 295 degrees Fahrenheit, but there's a lot of different times and temps people use. Decarbing improves the success rate of edibles pretty dramatically.

Yes, I would decarb the hash oil too. How was the hash oil made? There are ways to decarb during the process if you have control over it.

Example:
At the end stage of an ISO extraction (isopropyl alcohol extract), using a crock pot, place the alcohol/hash oil mix in the crock pot on LOW heat for 8 hours or more (until the alcohol is mostly gone). This will not only evaporate the alcohol quickly, it will decarb the oil as well.

What you are left with (when the hash oil is ready) can be placed into most foods "mid-bake". For example, you can bake some brownies, and then half way through the baking take them out and spread your ready-Hash oil on the pieces of brownies that you want loaded. You can do this with any food...just make sure it's oily so you can absorb the hash oil more efficiently.

I believe this process would work for BHO as well, however I have only tried it (successfully) with ISO.

I buy my oil I don't make it im no scientist lol never done much with weed products before. I think you guys are rigbt the hash probably needs to be decarbed which is more of a pain than its worth so im just gonna buy a quarter ounce of pot and make some firecrackers to eat while I have this dam cough.

PS I made one yesterday I found a dimebag with about 0.3-0.4 grams bud in it I forgot I had from a couple weeks ago so I decarbed the bud I had and whipped up one firecracker added some hash oil to it at the end after smoothing the nutella on the crackers and I was high as shit nodding off which wouldn't have happened with just that bit of weed I put in so the hash did contribute like the time I mixed the two before but when I use hash alone nada nothing happens.

thanks for all the help you guys really know your cannabis lol I just smoke the stuff never researched it much I know my pharmaceuticals well and heroin/cocaine but have never learned how to make cannabis products or anything even though ive smoked for ten years.

see you guys when I got more cannabis questions for ya;)

^^ I think stayhealthy is talking about the reclaim from your glass oil rig. If you are using one (and using high quality wax of course) you should be able to use the wax resin in place of actual wax in your firecrackers.

The theory (implied) makes sense to me though. Even if your wax isn't "decarbed", the reclaim probably is. Also firecrackers are the quick, cheap method and it makes sense to use something like this so I'd say it's a good suggestion to use on firecrackers.

Maybe because you didn't decarb it? Firecrackers were always pretty hit or miss for me

true dat, i think firecrackers suck for that reason. it's famous for being an easy way to make edibles but ime it's more hassle and less successful than cooking up herb in oil in a tablespoon with a bic lighter and adding the strained oil to a cooked meal or some kind of snack

What's the process for that I've never heard of that cooking it up in a spoon it seems like it would look like making crack lol

And I don't have any resin from my wax I smoke so that's out of the question.

I've always liked firecrackers besides making my poop smell like dope and stinking up my work bathroom making it smell like a grow op lol but this is the only time it didn't work weed works great I guess the decarbing is more important than I thought I figure it was just to make the weed crumbly.

all you need to do for that is fill a tablespoon 3/4ths of the way with dried, ground herb then fill it all the way up with cooking oil, covering the herb. then torch it evenly across the bottom with a lighter until the mix starts bubbling (decarboxylation), keep heating it the bubbling is almost on the verge of a froth then it's done and ready to eat soon as you strain it and mix it into something to cool the oil down.

^I used to do that with all my hash. I didn't know it was as effective with flowers, does it take longer to decarb?

Hey there all you fine cannabis experts I have been stumped as to why when I made firecrackers with a 1/4gram wax/ hash oil and ate it nothing happened when normally a g of bud in a firecracker gets me floored almost puking. I follow this recipe here from
grass city forums-
http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...timate-marijuana-firecracker-recipe-pics.html

I follow it to a tee and use nutella when using weed and they turn out great all I didn't do with the hash oil was cook it before mixing it in the nutella in with it but I figured I can't cook the hash by itself in the oven it would vaporise and turn to liquid not get crispy like weed does.
The amount of hash I used usually is way too much for me to smoke so its not my tolerance but I felt absolutely nothing from eating the firecracker made with hash oil.
Any ideas for making then work with hash guys? Any idea why this happened?
Maybe the cooking destroyed the THC and CBD's because hash oil is already active, ie. the THC has been decarboxolized (sp).

^^ yea that's most likely what happened pillhead I wont be doing that again.

nah the whole thing takes maybe a minute

wow that's cool you just add it to whatever you please eh I wonder how that tastes. I got to try this sometime when I get herb ill use herb first then try hash in case I waste any precious extract.

thanks again guys you really know your stuff:)