• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fioricet and oxy

aXXo

Greenlighter
Hi everyone I have a quick question. Yesterday around 6pm I took 4 fioricet, the ones with no coedine, I don't usually take them but had a migraine. Today I am planning to take about 40mg of oxy. I do oxy maybe once a month and usually take 40 mg and that dose is perfect for me. Will I have any problem? I know butalbital has a 35hr half life, I was planning to take the oxy around 7 pm tonight. Should I call a pharmacist and ask? Any answerers are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Without knowing your barbiturate tolerance that is a difficult question to answer.
Butalbital (the active barb in fioricet) is a derivitive of phenobarbital and has a half life of about 35 hours, so it would take abouf 8 days, give or take, to clear your system. So it is definitely still in your system even though you may not feel a "high" anymore.

With that said, the only danger of mixing these two medications is overdose due to respiratory depression from the additive effects of the combination. Also, fioricet contains 300mg apap (i think 300mg, used to ne 325mg) so you consumed 1200mg apap. Does your oxy contain apap or is it just oxy? Though 1200mg is well under daily recommended dosage.

In short, no one can say whether it is %100 safe. I can say that i have done exactly what youre asking about, i have taken them all at once, got high, but my tolerance and history are both extensive...

But on a general level, no, there is no major interaction between these medications other than risk of OD due to respiratory depression and barbs are notorious for this.

Be safe. When in doubt, reduce dosage of each medication for safety. You can always take more but not the other way around...