• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cocaine Finger and Toes Discoloration after cocaine use

Robynfclark

Greenlighter
Experienced user. Recently (around last week) my fingers toes and lips have started turning blue after snorting. No more than usual, a line or 2. Anyone else experience this ever?

I'm not in the medical field but that doesn't sound good to me. Sounds like oxygen levels are dropping. You probably want to think about stopping.

It might be the vasoconstriction from the coke cutting off circulation to your extremities. This is a sign that your body can't handle what the coke is doing to it, you might want to lay off it for a while.

It might be the vasoconstriction from the coke cutting off circulation to your extremities. This is a sign that your body can't handle what the coke is doing to it, you might want to lay off it for a while.

This is almost certainly from vasoconstriction. Although cocaine doesn’t typically cause severe vasoconstriction, especially in small doses.

That being said, it definitely can, and I’ve experienced moderate vasoconstriction with high doses.

Another possibility is that it’s cut with something that causes a lot of vasoconstriction.

I remember back mefore it was Schedule I my knees being purple like a grape after mephedrone.

Are you taking any other medications. Especially something like an MAOI or TCA?

But I’d definitely stop for right now. You can try again at another time and see if it improves.

Of course I’d be careful: curiosity killed the cat. You don’t want to lose a limb over something atupid like this.

I recall my hands and feet turning purple once after a long night of cocaine. I was so scared.

I agree with Falsified on this one. These threads are a little scary for me, because I know this is a common feature of stimulant usage, but I would hate to send someone away with a dangerous condition like gangrene. All I can say is that you should monitor the situation closely and trust your gut. This is not a situation in which you need to tell the ED that the condition is a result of stimulant use. If you have any doubts I would go to the ED. I know it sucks, some people hate hospitals and it can be potentially embarrassing, but you get a clean bill of health and peace of mind.

I missed this on my first go-around. We also can't rule out the possibility that this is all unrelated or only partially related to the Cocaine usage. As a complete theoretical here, perhaps you have poor circulation/a heart condition of some kind and the Cocaine has only exacerbated it or caused it to become apparent. It sounds like this is what you would call Raynaud's Phenomenon. That doesn't really help, but it will help you articulate to others what you believe to be happening. I know 100% that Raynaud's Phenomenon is a well-known side-effect of stimulant usage. I am just unsure if the presence of these symptoms implies something above and beyond "normal".

Definitely let us know if you have any questions at all, but if you suspect the condition is worsening or just not improving, you know what I'm going to say. (Medical Attention)

Last edited: