• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

finding the right antidepressant need help

I don’t mean to get sentimental on this but my life kind of depends on this as I am running out of dopamine and after that, well death. I feel like I’m being suffocated slowly.

No one probably believes that one could run out of dopamine and die so I don’t expect anyone to believe it. I’ll leave it at that. Thanks.

The problem is that if you were truly dopamine-deficient, you'd be experiencing severe Parkinsonian symptoms that would be virtually unmistakeable, long before death would become even a remote possibility. You've described nothing resembling this, which is what really makes me (and I presume your doctors) doubt your theory about the cause and nature of your problem.

I have been diagnosed as bi polar and initially treated with Prozac and lamictal. ( this was years ago). Eventually she took me off the Prozac, kept the lamictal and she prescribed klonopin. I got along great for 20 years and then had a family crisis that drove me crazy. I was prescribed cymbalta. If I am right it is a ssnri. It started to make me feel better within 4 days. I will add that I have been on opioids for 15 years. The cymbalta brought me up where I got off my bed and started interacting with people again, but lately I have noticed I feel my emotions feel too flat. No normal ups and downs. I can't cry, and crying is a good release for me. What makes me feel the best if I get a buzz from the opioids. Maybe that's normal to like to be buzzed, but that is when I am at my best. I hope this helps someone. But.. Lately I have been taking meth recreationally. I have read meth depletes your body from dopamine and the best way to recharge is exercise. Otherwise, rest eat right and drink lots of water. Maybe this brings some insight to the original post abt the lack of dopamine question. Also, I have wondered if my brother would be alive today if he had been on some opiates along with his other meds.

I had to try numerous anti depressants before I found one that worked with my body chemistry ----> it turned out to be Fluvoxamine (Luvox). I take 200mg/day and it really helps my depression symptoms as well as my OCD symptoms. You've just gotta find a med that works for you. its kind of a trial and error process. If one doesn't work, move on to the next one. While Luvox works great for me, it might not do anything for the next guy/girl. Just keep trying meds until you find one that works for you. And you don't have to choose an SSRI, there are other types of antidepressants out there that may work better for you. Good luck, I know its hard to find one that works for you, I've been there done that. Once you do find one that provides relief you'll feel so much better after a couple weeks....it'll all be worth it in the end. Good luck my friend! If you have any more questions or need advice feel free to PM me. ;)

I have been diagnosed as bi polar and initially treated with Prozac and lamictal. ( this was years ago). Eventually she took me off the Prozac, kept the lamictal and she prescribed klonopin. I got along great for 20 years and then had a family crisis that drove me crazy. I was prescribed cymbalta. If I am right it is a ssnri. It started to make me feel better within 4 days. I will add that I have been on opioids for 15 years. The cymbalta brought me up where I got off my bed and started interacting with people again, but lately I have noticed I feel my emotions feel too flat. No normal ups and downs. I can't cry, and crying is a good release for me. What makes me feel the best if I get a buzz from the opioids. Maybe that's normal to like to be buzzed, but that is when I am at my best. I hope this helps someone. But.. Lately I have been taking meth recreationally. I have read meth depletes your body from dopamine and the best way to recharge is exercise. Otherwise, rest eat right and drink lots of water. Maybe this brings some insight to the original post abt the lack of dopamine question. Also, I have wondered if my brother would be alive today if he had been on some opiates along with his other meds.

whoaaa, meth is the absolute last thing you want to try to get a dopamine release, hell it shouldn't even be an option for those looking to get legitimate help. the only reason i suggested coke in an earlier post is because when it comes to coke and meth the coke will be a lot easier to put down.

but in regards to being emotionless from anti-depressants, it may sound counter-intuitive but that's honestly how you know they are working. unlike mdma which floods the brain with serotonin, a constant controlled release of serotonin in the brain from an ssri can negate all emotional responses.