Finding a conducive headspace before/ during quitting opiates.......

bdomihizayka

Bluelighter
I have been sober for nearly six weeks predated yesterday. Before that, I had a more sporadic hydromorphone habit bridged with Kratom use for 2 months max.

Well yesterday I lapsed, and today I woke up sick. not acutely, but definitely feeling more sick than I would have ever expected.... feeling like I just went on a heavy half week bender.... and I only used 3 dilauldids. It's not in my head either - I woke up to that putrid withdrawal smell- where everything- including yourself- just smells like hell.... got a bad case of the chills- little energy/ nauseous.... so I'm not acutely sick per say, but one more day and no doubt I would have been. I caved into some Kratom today as I had obligations and this literally blindsided me, but I cannot afford to get dependent on that shit again too....

Is this what "they" talk about when they say this shit is progressive? I literally cannot afford the mess around anymore if this is what my opiate "hangovers" are going to now be like. In no way do I derserve this kind of a sick feeling for a mild one day relapse after 5-6 weeks of total sobriety I feel like.... but maybe I do....

Anyways- so I want to ask- how do you all MENTALLY get through withdrawal? What tips do you have? And how badly did I screw myself with using Kratom today? I have never knuckled any kind of sickness- always went to rehab or traveled to a new country or saw a doctor for comfort meds.... but it's too soon and I'll give myself up do I do any of these at the moment..... so I would love advice of how to man up and stop- how do you get yourself mentally prepared/ strapped down and ready to quit?? Any and all input valued deeply.

-Strung out yet again

Im in the process of quitting as well. I am at the month mark give or take a day. You need a support group, you need a circle of people to count on. If you can squeeze an AA meeting in, do that. If you can find a group of sober people to be active with do that to. Wds suck ass.
I have zero experience with Kratom as i always went for the fullblown opiates like heroin once i found it or it found me idk what happened. Id suggest you remove your connection for the drugs you no longer want to do. Delete numbers, block them if need be. Change ur phone number whatever it takes. I fucking moved outta state lol.
It aint easy friend. but im in the boat with ya, so youre never alone. Message me and ill reply as soon as i can friend.

And stay positive. It does wonders for you and anyone around you.
Also, i play CoD and pop heads. I love hearing kids say "youre hacking"

To get through the WD I recommend finding some of that Jah Rastafari type reggae and really get into that Lion-Man escaping the clutches of Babylon attitude :) Lots of pride in your decision to be strong and set a good example for the rest.