• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Finally taking the plunge

Esteban35

Greenlighter
So basically until last Sunday I was on a 100-160mg oxy/hydro diet for the last 6 or so months.. I live in the south and work outside where I have to walk and carry up to 40lbs 6+ miles a day so going through w/d's is not really a good thing for me right now. Now I have plenty of benzos and 2 and a half suboxone strips. I also have a chance to get ahold of a couple of adderall. I was wondering what a good starting dose of the sub would be. It has now been 30 hrs since my last oxy. I did take an adderral this morning to make it through a long day at work as I was afraid to take the sub too early..

Start at 1mg or less, and start a sub taper schedule, doing less and less, then skipping days ect. Save the benzos for when you are out of sub, you still might not feel the best, and don't bother with the addy's..

- Hopeless 7nos

Forgot to add, once you start to get down to .5-.25mg range, its hard to keep track of under your toungue, so I mix it with a few drops of water and snort it. Btw, 30 hours is plenty for oxy use, you can induct the sub whenever now..

- hs

Well I forgot to mention I waited this long because I snorted an opana on Sunday and heard it had a very long half life so I wanted to be extra careful not to go into early withdrawals. And you are right about the adderral. It made sleeping last night impossible. Only reason I took it is because of my job and the physical demands required.

I haven't taken any of the sub yet. I have to be at work at 630 and will probably walk a total of 20 miles today at work so I'm wondering if starting with 4mg today then 2MG tomorrow and the next day, then 1 MG the next day, skip a day if get that off day from work I'm supposed to get, and then hopefully be through it all and have some back up subs just in case.

Another reason I wanna start at 4 today is because once I start work it's 4 hours minimum before I see another bathroom and I'd sure hate to have an emergency. Sorry for the TMI guys.. just being honest

Bupe is one tricky substance for even healthcare professionals. Some prefer to start by converting the dosage and even upping the dose if their patients feel discomfort and others tend to start at 1mg and then work the dose up if needed.

4mg at once seems too much for me. You could take 1mg and take more every few hours or as you must go to work I would suggest twking 2mg and another 2mg if you feel discomfort.

Your job reminds me of some patrol duties I had while back in army and I definately wouldn't want any WDs going on at the same time.

Anyhow keep posting when you come back from your work as it will help too. Might as well get some help staying sober from the professionals too.

With bupe, quite often "less is more." You may need a largeish does the first time to overcome precipitated withdrawal but then immediately thereafter you should cut the dose at least and half and taper rapidly thereafter; switching to dosing every other day is also a good idea because the T1/2 is long enough to cover you and you are effectively getting 2/3 of the notional dose, keep that up and you will taper down nicely, but the last few hunder mcg are the hardest, I'd recommend dissolving the sub in alcohol and using an eyedropper or syringe to dose it, taper as fast as you can but in as small increments as you can as well. This will make the physical component relatively painless. The psychological stuff is a lot harder but that's a discussion for a different time I think.

standard disclaimer not medical advice etc

I made it through work today. I took the 4mg this morning around 5am before I went to work and felt well enough to function. I am a caddie at a golf course so carrying two bags for two rounds today came out to about 15 miles walking today so needless to say my legs are killing me. I really don't feel any w/d effects but I also didn't feel "high" as some people describe when using subs, which I dont want, so that is good. My wife was in a car accident this afternoon (she's okay, her car not so much), so I have the day off tomorrow. I'm not sure if I should just avoid the subs and deal with it tomorrow or stick to my regimen of cutting my dose in half each day. Any suggestions?

Bupe is one tricky substance for even healthcare professionals. Some prefer to start by converting the dosage and even upping the dose if their patients feel discomfort and others tend to start at 1mg and then work the dose up if needed.

4mg at once seems too much for me. You could take 1mg and take more every few hours or as you must go to work I would suggest twking 2mg and another 2mg if you feel discomfort.

Your job reminds me of some patrol duties I had while back in army and I definately wouldn't want any WDs going on at the same time.

Anyhow keep posting when you come back from your work as it will help too. Might as well get some help staying sober from the professionals too.
The only reason I started at 4mg today instead of one and then more if needed is because once I start work there really is no chance to take any with me and re-dose if needed and I was afraid if I didn't take enough it would be at least 4 hrs before I could get more. I hope I didn't screw myself up starting that high

Great that your wife is ok.

You might want to take as low dose as you can since at 2mg doses you might feel some euphoria from bupe due it's pharmacological traits. Try if a smaller dose will get you through and you can always take more but never less than you have taken. Taking low doses will also be helpful as you have limited supply but you didn't screw up by taking that 4mg dose.

Careful. I just quickly tapered bupe and at 1/2mg, was feeling good so I thought I would stop. I did and had some symptoms of wd. Having caddied before, I would not have been able to manage one bag, let alone two the past 2 days.

I took 2mg today and i feel no euphoria. I plan on cutting down to one tomorrow. If all goes according to plan I will be jumping off at .5mg on Monday. If that is too soon I have enough to stretch it out a few more days. I don't really mind small w/d effects I just need to be able to be functionall at work since my performance directly impacts my pay and if I'm a grumpy ass and too sore to hustle people won't pay me.

Thank you. Your advice was especially helpful Kitty. After your comment I extended my taper schedule a few more days. I'm now 5 days off the subs and14 days off opiates and feeling great.

No prob. Im coming on 3 weeks, today I think no oxy and 2 no opioids at all. Sucks but its for the best.