• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Finally off of SSRIs after tapering.... What can one expect?

merseyside8

Bluelighter
So I’ve been on SSRIs (Lexapro) for 6 months and was tapered off. I know it’s not a long time. Dosages were small. Even those I know it might be out of my system by now maybe? Or takes 1-2 weeks? I feel maybe mental effects can still linger.

What can I expect? What were some things that you all may have experienced after off of SSRIs? Just trying to mentally prepare. I have CBT every Wednesday. I know to take vitamins and to except use but what are symptoms that are common?

TIA!

I was on SSRIs for about a year and didn't taper at all and experienced absolutely no side effects. You weren't on them for a long time and you've tapered so I doubt you will get any bad withdrawal symptoms but if you do you may feel a little anxious, feel a bit tired and depressed. But all this passes after your brain chemistry has leveled out.

Try and exercise and eat healthy, think positive and you'll be all good.

And please I don't want to see you make another thread in a few days saying you went out and got hammered and did coke because that will make any withdrawal worse.

Thank you.... I figured it wasnt but was just curious on to ask the community. And no, i do not plan on doing that at all. I cut off the friend who always had the drug. Thank you!