• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Finally got this drug but need to reduce tolerance.

I live outside the US and Canada and this drug has been impossible to get hold of. Until now.

I managed to procure a few of the 40mg G74 pills (Extended Release but can be crushed up pretty easily, after removing the coating - not even sure that removing the coating is necessary but I do it anyway - and then insufflated.

As I say this is my first time using Opana. The strongest opioid I have used to date has been Oxycodone (real pharma not pressies). I have never tried Heroin or Fentanyl. And my Oxy use has typically been a few days in a row followed by 5-6 weeks of total abstinence from opioids.

I was so excited to get these Opana and was expecting it to blow me away. Unfortunately I had completely underestmated just how high my tolerance had gotten. I mean I have read many Opana related posts where the poster says that Opana blew them away even though they were daily IV Heroin users. So I was expecting a lot. I should say that the day before trying the Opana I had taken a lot of Oxy trying to catch a buzz. It took 3 of the 80mg Sandoz Oxycodone pills to get acceptably high.

I was told to start small and that's exactly what I did, beginning with 5mg lines. I made sure to snort them as I had read - small lines, slowly snorted (after scraping the coating off and crushing into a fine powder). I had also read that Opana's effects can take a while to kick so I gave it time. Still I ended up wasting almost the whole of a pill trying to establish how much I would need.

The next day (and this was a mistake, I should have waited for a while), having established that I was unlikely to die off an OD of Opana I dove straight in. Over the course of an hour I ended up doing 60mg of Opana and then did the remainng 20mg over the hour after that. I caught a mild buzz. I know how ridiculous this is. At this point I just stopped. I have read that Opana is about 2x as strong as Oxycodone but have also read that it's way stronger than that. If it is 2x as strong only then I'm less surprised that the Opana didn't floor me because I can easily do 160mg Oxycodone (insufflated) and not feel all that much. Having said that I was definitely nodding, I had pinprick pupils and was fucked up one level. However what I didn't have was the euphoria. The first time I did Oxycodone (20mg) I had the typical floating on clouds feeling.

I have a lot of questions but will keep it simple. I should also say that I'm very confident that these are not fakes, although I can't prove it. If anybody wanted to see the best I could do is send pics. The pills and the engraving of the "G74" are perfect and if they're fakes then they must be amazing fakes.

Anyway my two questions are:

1. Do I have just a very high tolerance or is this tolerance pretty much unheard of?
2. i have two Opana left. I'm never going to get hold of them again (I think). I just want to experience the amazing Opana effects that I have read so much about. I know I'm never going to get my tolerance down to zero but hopefully I can get tolerance down to enough of a level that I can at least feel the euphoria. What is the best way I should go about this? I can be pretty patient but not sure I can wait 10 years before 'trying' these again!

On this point I should say that before my latest run, I hadn't touched Oxycodone for about 6 weeks. My first usage wasn't the Opana (this was another mistake) but some of the Oxycodone. I just figured out that Oxycodone was so powerrful that one night of abusing Oxycodone (and I did take a lot of the Oxycodone - probably around 240mg. Next time I do the Opana I'm going to give it at least amonth. Perma tolerance aside, I do hope that this will be enough of a break that I feel more than I did with the Opana this time.

Yes, oxymorphone is my favorite opioid other than morphine and heroin. It's great.

Yes, you have some insane tolerance if it takes 240mg of oxycodone to get "acceptably high". That's a huge amount man. There is only one real way to lower tolerance. Stop using. The best way would simply be to cold turkey, or do a taper for slower results.

I would just take a break for awhile if you really want to appreciate oxymorphone (it's amazing especially if you have no tolerance).

Also oxymorphone is a metabolite of oxycodone, if you were unaware. Some of the high from oxycodone is its active metabolite oxymorphone.

Yes, oxymorphone is my favorite opioid other than morphine and heroin. It's great.

Yes, you have some insane tolerance if it takes 240mg of oxycodone to get "acceptably high". That's a huge amount man. There is only one real way to lower tolerance. Stop using. The best way would simply be to cold turkey, or do a taper for slower results.

I would just take a break for awhile if you really want to appreciate oxymorphone (it's amazing especially if you have no tolerance).

Also oxymorphone is a metabolite of oxycodone, if you were unaware. Some of the high from oxycodone is its active metabolite oxymorphone.
Thanks so much for the reply! I should have mentioned in my post that I'm not physically addicted to oxycodone although I'm undoubtedly mentally addicted. The ONLY reason I have been able to do this is because I'm out of the country I live in for weeks at a time and have zero access to opioids during those times. So typically I won't use for 5-6 weeks at all, then I'll binge for 3-4 days, then no use for 5-6 weeks, etc.

I understand that my tolerance is insane (and thanks for affirming that it is) I'm just not sure why. Oh well, probably no point trying to figure that one out. There are lots of people who seem to use much more than I do (and use Fent, etc) who don't have anything like a similar tolerance.

I think you're right, the only way to deal with this is time. I'm just not sure how long to give it. As I say the last time I used Oxycodone I got a decent euphoria and that was an oral dose of 60mg of Oxycodone. Clearly after just one or two doses my tolerance skyrockets back to where it was before coming off the break, so yeah next time I use I'll make sure I just go straight for the Opana. After I run out, that's likely me done with opioids for at least a good long while as I don't want to be taking 240mg to catch a high and I'm not physically addicted so fortunately I don't have to worry about going through a hellish withdrawal.

Thanks so much for the reply! I should have mentioned in my post that I'm not physically addicted to oxycodone although I'm undoubtedly mentally addicted. The ONLY reason I have been able to do this is because I'm out of the country I live in for weeks at a time and have zero access to opioids during those times. So typically I won't use for 5-6 weeks at all, then I'll binge for 3-4 days, then no use for 5-6 weeks, etc.

I understand that my tolerance is insane (and thanks for affirming that it is) I'm just not sure why. Oh well, probably no point trying to figure that one out. There are lots of people who seem to use much more than I do (and use Fent, etc) who don't have anything like a similar tolerance.

I think you're right, the only way to deal with this is time. I'm just not sure how long to give it. As I say the last time I used Oxycodone I got a decent euphoria and that was an oral dose of 60mg of Oxycodone. Clearly after just one or two doses my tolerance skyrockets back to where it was before coming off the break, so yeah next time I use I'll make sure I just go straight for the Opana. After I run out, that's likely me done with opioids for at least a good long while as I don't want to be taking 240mg to catch a high and I'm not physically addicted so fortunately I don't have to worry about going through a hellish withdrawal.

Wait, how long were you sober when you tried the opana and how much did you use?

Something doesn't really sound right if you're using that much but don't have a daily habit.

Even with medium tolerance ~10-20mg of opana will have me blissful.

With no tolerance at all 20mg had me ON MY ASS nodding hard for 10+ hours.

Also I hope you're snorting it. Has a shitty oral bioavailability if I remember correctly. Oral is almost a waste with opana.

Wait, how long were you sober when you tried the opana and how much did you use?

Something doesn't really sound right if you're using that much but don't have a daily habit.

Even with medium tolerance ~10-20mg of opana will have me blissful.

With no tolerance at all 20mg had me ON MY ASS nodding hard for 10+ hours.

Also I hope you're snorting it. Has a shitty oral bioavailability if I remember correctly. Oral is almost a waste with opana.
Hey. Sorry I wasn't clear. First of all, yep I'm definitely snorting it. I did a fair amount of research into this before first taking it as I wanted to get the most out of it and realise that it's a very rare opportunity.

I haven't ever had a daily habit. The longest consecutive number of days I've used Oxycodone is around 7 days. At the end of that 7 day period, no withdrawal symptoms and then 5-6 weeks of total abstinence. The longest period of total abstinence I have had in the last 5 years is around 6 months. Even after 6 months break it just took one or two uses of Oxycodone for my tolerance to jump back to what it was before the break.

I totally agree with you, it doesn't sound right at all to me either. The only explanations are that I've got some weird metabolism or whatever is responsible for determining tolerance. The other possibility is that these are fakes. As I said, I can't disprove this but wasn't aware of G74 as being a popular pill to fake (if there were you'd expect they'd be easier to get hold of than they are). The pills also look perfect in terms of being perfectly smooth, clean edges, engraving that looks like it was done very precisely .

Whatever the reason, I think the only thing I can do is wait as long as possible (ideally months but more reaslistically 5 or 6 weeks).

The only explanations are that I've got some weird metabolism or whatever is responsible for determining tolerance.

This is what I'm beginning to suspect.

Even if they were fakes with fentanyl analogues it wouldn't take 3x 80's to get high. Well, at least in my experience. I used to purposely buy a lot of fakes that contained fent because they were so cheap. Even those, (blue m30s), half a pill would annihilate me. Also fent is kinda obvious if you're experienced opioid user. Fent is very strong but has significantly less euphoria.

Kinda weird man. :/

This is what I'm beginning to suspect.

Even if they were fakes with fentanyl analogues it wouldn't take 3x 80's to get high. Well, at least in my experience. I used to purposely buy a lot of fakes that contained fent because they were so cheap. Even those, (blue m30s), half a pill would annihilate me. Also fent is kinda obvious if you're experienced opioid user. Fent is very strong but has significantly less euphoria.

Kinda weird man. :/
I'm experienced but only with Oxycodone, never Fent nor Heroin and to be fair these were strong but there was little euphoria. I guess them being fakes is always possible but I really, really doubt it.

It sucks. It probably is the metabolism thing. I'll give it a few weeks then hopefully get something out of the last Opana that I have before saying goodbye to opiates!

I live outside the US and Canada and this drug has been impossible to get hold of. Until now.

I managed to procure a few of the 40mg G74 pills (Extended Release but can be crushed up pretty easily, after removing the coating - not even sure that removing the coating is necessary but I do it anyway - and then insufflated.

As I say this is my first time using Opana. The strongest opioid I have used to date has been Oxycodone (real pharma not pressies). I have never tried Heroin or Fentanyl. And my Oxy use has typically been a few days in a row followed by 5-6 weeks of total abstinence from opioids.

I was so excited to get these Opana and was expecting it to blow me away. Unfortunately I had completely underestmated just how high my tolerance had gotten. I mean I have read many Opana related posts where the poster says that Opana blew them away even though they were daily IV Heroin users. So I was expecting a lot. I should say that the day before trying the Opana I had taken a lot of Oxy trying to catch a buzz. It took 3 of the 80mg Sandoz Oxycodone pills to get acceptably high.

I was told to start small and that's exactly what I did, beginning with 5mg lines. I made sure to snort them as I had read - small lines, slowly snorted (after scraping the coating off and crushing into a fine powder). I had also read that Opana's effects can take a while to kick so I gave it time. Still I ended up wasting almost the whole of a pill trying to establish how much I would need.

The next day (and this was a mistake, I should have waited for a while), having established that I was unlikely to die off an OD of Opana I dove straight in. Over the course of an hour I ended up doing 60mg of Opana and then did the remainng 20mg over the hour after that. I caught a mild buzz. I know how ridiculous this is. At this point I just stopped. I have read that Opana is about 2x as strong as Oxycodone but have also read that it's way stronger than that. If it is 2x as strong only then I'm less surprised that the Opana didn't floor me because I can easily do 160mg Oxycodone (insufflated) and not feel all that much. Having said that I was definitely nodding, I had pinprick pupils and was fucked up one level. However what I didn't have was the euphoria. The first time I did Oxycodone (20mg) I had the typical floating on clouds feeling.

I have a lot of questions but will keep it simple. I should also say that I'm very confident that these are not fakes, although I can't prove it. If anybody wanted to see the best I could do is send pics. The pills and the engraving of the "G74" are perfect and if they're fakes then they must be amazing fakes.

Anyway my two questions are:

1. Do I have just a very high tolerance or is this tolerance pretty much unheard of?
2. i have two Opana left. I'm never going to get hold of them again (I think). I just want to experience the amazing Opana effects that I have read so much about. I know I'm never going to get my tolerance down to zero but hopefully I can get tolerance down to enough of a level that I can at least feel the euphoria. What is the best way I should go about this? I can be pretty patient but not sure I can wait 10 years before 'trying' these again!

On this point I should say that before my latest run, I hadn't touched Oxycodone for about 6 weeks. My first usage wasn't the Opana (this was another mistake) but some of the Oxycodone. I just figured out that Oxycodone was so powerrful that one night of abusing Oxycodone (and I did take a lot of the Oxycodone - probably around 240mg. Next time I do the Opana I'm going to give it at least amonth. Perma tolerance aside, I do hope that this will be enough of a break that I feel more than I did with the Opana this time.
Potency and strength are completely different measures of a psychoactive chemical.