• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Final consensus; bupe: plug, snort, or?

Dguy19460

Greenlighter
After reading the 1000s of posts on best ROA for bupe (films or pills), wondering if there's an overall summary that's "mostly" agreed upon regarding the heighest and most efficient ways to take bupe, pills or films.

Has someone is/was able to put together a table-esque overview with some rough #'s? Just wondering if this could/would be beneficial for a quick one-stop-shop for all of the various threads.

Many thanks from a (well searched newbie)

Last edited:
From highest to lowest:
(0. According to one study I've read the intraarteriall BA is higher than IV at 100 %, but it doesn't really matter because even hardcore junkies do not try shooting in their arteries)
1. IV: >98 %, but do not ever do this, but for knowledge's sake IV is the most efficient ROA.
2. Rectal: ~54 %, and is the second most efficient way and possibly the least harmful. Recommended.
3. Intranasal: ~48 %, but over time it will harm the inside of your nose and it's associated with abuse.
4. Sublingual: ~30 %, but higher with alcohol search this forum) and is mostly safe and used clinically, but it's not good for your mouth (teeth/gum).
5. Orally: ~10-22 % and is a waste of your medication.

i would just take them as instructed if you're really serious about your recovery, but i understand the temptation - in the 9months i was prescribed subs i snorted them about twice a week and a few times plugged them. snorting is about twice as strong and comes on faster which i like whereas plugging really took me by surprise; it hit me very fast and was much stronger than oral or nasal. i've never IV'd them and highly discourage it.
hope that helps.

Ok, so plugging. I "typically" would not want to know details as to how this is accomplished, but in this case, I think it's a reassonable question (see what I did there?) <groan>. With films, how would one do this? I'm thinking some sort of lube and rubber glove are necessary? I don't have any sort of non-needle plunger devices which, from what I've read are required to dissolve and "squirt". Can one simply take a small film square, place on tip of gloved-finger, and "insert"?

Apologies for the graphic questions...just trying to get an idea of the best way to give this a try. The whole "dissolve, plunger, squirt and wait" method seems really time consuming.

Thanks in advance for allowing me to asssk these questions (in my best Ace Ventura voice)

Oral syringes are typically available at any pharmacy. I know that I can get an oral syringe for free whenever I want one just by walking up to the pharmacist and saying "Hey, I picked up a bottle of medication and have lost the measuring device". If this doesn't work, than you're going to have to shell out $2-$3. The method that you have described could potentially work, but it's much better to simply get the syringe, make a solution of ~5ml, insert about one inch past your anus and inject while laying on your side or stomach. Wait for a few minutes before getting up.