Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Films that define your adolescence.

I wanted to BE Sarah (Jennifer Connelly.) But can we talk about how creepy it is that David Bowie is playing a potential love interest role opposite someone of such a vast age difference?! Eewwww!!!

Haha yeah I remember thinking that too when I watched it. I looked it up afterwards, she was like 15 or 16 at the time of filming iirc? 😬

I just randomly had the idea for this thread. I will likely submit several films, but the first that comes to mind is Chumscrubber.

killer cast...killer soundtrack
this movie occupied my mind for a long time in my high school years

Akzjbil.jpg
Really good question and I was just about to post The Chumscrubber and Donnie Darko.

• (Keanu Reeves) "Can I speak frankly, no holds barred?"
  • (Keanu Reeves) "That is one messed up little dude. We can talk straight?"
  • (Keanu Reeves) "Um, a few months ago, Garry got his first -- boner. You know what that is?"
  • (Dianne Wiest) "If memory serves."
  • (Keanu Reeves) "Aw, great. Anyway, since then, he's been -- uh -- slappin' the salami. No offense."
  • (Dianne Wiest) "No."
  • (Keanu Reeves) "Apparently, he's goin' for a world record. Anyway, he was afraid there was something wrong with him, you know? Like he was a pervert or something. I told him that's what little dudes do; we've all done it. It made him happy."
  • (Dianne Wiest) "Garry was happy?"
  • (Keanu Reeves) "He even smiled. I never even knew he had teeth."
Parenthood (1989)

Trainspotting. I will never forget the first time i saw that movie on late night tv when i was 14
Yeah..... I saw it when I was 14. My sister came to visit and brought the movie for my family to watch. Why I don't know. I wound up falling in love with the movie. I didn't exactly glamorize heroin. Infact I had a very healthy fear but I wound up later addicted by being back doored by pain killers.

I remember I was dating this Christian girl who was our class salutatorian and when I watched the movie with her I think she was more than a little freaked out.

I took the title to mean "Coming of Age" films that resonate with you the most but I suppose that is not the intended theme of this thread. 🙃

Human Traffic.

The Football Factory.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.

Blow.

saw Naked Lunch in junior high, sparked my interest in Burroughs and then years of devotion to PTV, Coil, industrial culture, Di6, David Tibet, Pharmacology and addiction followed.