Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

films: Five shitty movies that everyone loves

Okay, I thought of one... finally. "Moulon Rouge" (sp?) is one of those movies that I thought was really shitty. I thought that movies SUCKED, but everybody else was crazy about it. A shitty movie that everybody (except me) loves.

I should probably include Men in Black, Demolition Man, and Total Recall. These movies always seem to be on TV... sometimes twice a day on the same station. Its horrible...

DemonsFall said:
"everyone seems to like this movie, i think it's crap, there's no contents , nothin to think about, just typical, stereotypical hollywood shit"

Just wondering how you think there's nothing to think about in this movie, because for me it actually made me think about a lot of things (addiction, consequences of selling drugs, the dangers of perscription meds vs. illegal drugs, etc).

yeah, well i m sorry i m not that kewl, i dont live in a hollywood movie, i hate movies like that, they give dope a bad image, there's no need 4 that, we all know that ALCOHOL and NICOTINE kills many ppl , i dont need to see a movie that tells me that other drugs, such as coke and anti depressants r also dangerous. TELL ME SOMETHIN I DONT KNOW. i hate movies that r tryin to moralize , it sucks dick. the guy who made that movie must be a real jerk, in my perception this is a pure commercial crap movie.

peace:)

twiggy_stardust said:
If everyone loves them, then what makes these movies shitty? I'm confused.

not everyone :) i dont like it =D and i m not the only one, i saw the movie 2gether with a grf, and she didnt like it either. but 80% of ppl i know really think this is a cool movie....it's quite popular, it was quite a commercial succes

and u can quote me, i wont bite =D

i ve just explained what makes it shitty, the fact that it's fake, the fact that it's exaggerated predictable hollywood shit, the fact that it's not about real life , the fact i got bored and almost fell a sleep :D the fact i knew what was gonna happen and in the end i didnt care anymore what was gonna happen.

it's the kind of movie u can show to ur mother , so she ll be really scared bout all those dangerous drugs, yeah rite ....u can drink ur champagne , i dont mind

peace :)

I thought The Village wasnt a good movie. Along with Empire Records. And last but not least that shitty Blair Witch Project.... what's up with that

Last edited:
every movie about high school. Ever. They are all the same. Quirky girl hates pretty girls and wants their boyfriend. Anything Anime. Requiem seemed to try a little to hard to be different, which made it normal hollywood shit. I hate lost in translation. Gia sucked. The worst movie, ever, IMO, is either welcome to the doll house or the virgin suicides. I hate this artsy crap, it just makes me angry. Every girl likes those movies.

1. Titanic (all I could think after about 30 minutes was "HIT THE GODDAMN ICEBERG ALREADY!")
2. Happy Gilmore (actually you could insert just about all of Adam Sandler's comedies here with the exception of The Wedding Singer...that was only moderately bad)
3. Men In Black (as well as Krap Boys, er Bad Boys)
4. Sleepless in Seattle
5. Wayne's World (same as #2...you could insert just about any SNL knockoff flick here)

Lost in Translation sucked ballss......There was nothing to it.....It was as simple as wathcing a survellence(sp?) at any freakin store....Stale!!

Spiderman - Wasnt that great

All i can think of right now

I really didn't like DePalma's Scarface.

Except the chainsaw in the bathtub scene. That was aces.

I'm really suprised to see Requiem For A Dream listed here. From what i've seen of the director (this movie and Pi) I'm impressed so far. :\

And Donnie Darko. I'd rate that movie in at least my top 20.

1.)Super Troopers(the story was horrible, and I can't say that I laughed outloud once the whole time)
2.)Dude Where's My Car?(Dude, Where's Any Semblance of Intelligence?)
3.)Any romantic comedy(bleh...)

I'll get back on the rest...

DigitalDuality said:
I'd rate that movie in at least my top 20.

apperntly ur a moderator and i really dont wanna offend mod's, but i really dont understand why tis movie should be in ur top 20?? could u explain that 2me? what did u learn from this movie? was it ejoyable to watch?
--> i learned nothin and got bored ( i allready pointed that out , iknow)
and i m not into list of fav movies , but if u insist i can give u names of movies i enjoy ;)

I can't answer for DD, but donnie darko is in my top 20 because it makes me think each time I watch it. Each time, I get a different idea of what it could be about; different symbolisms, different possible meanings, that kind of thing.

I like thinking.

And I still hate Scarface. C'mon, someone flame me for that.

:D

Wall Street
Natural Born Killers
JFK
The Doors

Oh weird, they’re all by Oliver Stone!

I wouldnt go so far as to say that Braveheart is a shitty movie. It may not appeal to all but it sure isnt shitty. Last Samurai was okay, and the rest of them can be thrown into the garbage along with my swetty gym shorts

1. Spaceballs
2. Anchorman
3. Grease
4. Friday
5. Back to the Future

I'm ready for flames :)

Spaceballs is just dumb.
Robocop. Ugh.
The Princess Bride
Rocky and series (I stayed away from that shite)
Mel Gibson's Hamlet. Hahaha I dont know if anyone actually likes that movie but its just in bad taste because Gibson is just a bad actor.

Die Hard

Yeah I'll agree that the other ones blow. The original is kinda 80s chic. For Back to the Future.

Any John Wayne movie.

Hitchcock. Don't get him one bit. The Birds blew.

Never seen Casablanca but never really wanted to see it.

Indiana Jones. They're okay. But I would never buy the dvd. Or be the one to say....how about Indiana Jones? in the rental place....

ET.

Austin Powers 2: The Spy Who Shagged Me
The Fast and the Furious
Lethal Weapon 3
Lethal Weapon 4
Can't Hardly Wait

I liked Austin Powers 2 the first time around, but the second time I saw it I didn't laugh at all. At times I'm sad that the first movie, a gem, was ruined by sequels. Goldmember doesn't even need to be discussed.

^^^I'm with ya, Dawg...AP Spy Who Shagged Me was a blight on the first AP, a gem.

I have a distaste for being around folks who trot out "Mini-Me" and "Fat Bastard" references.

I've yet to see Goldmember, and I doubt I ever will.