Votes: 2 18.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

• Total voters
Its not terribly bad, but not terribly great either. I stopped watching after the 7th season. And there were a lot of stuff where I was like huh? Did I miss something here? The continuity gaps were a bit crazy IMHO. You guys had a kid ? WTF?

I got the sense that Scully as a character had no real purpose in the flick.

It plays/ the plot like a longer episode from before season 5.

Its nice as a fan to have this come out, and worth seeing if you're a fan. Much better than Fight the Future (which really was terrible).

Nice to have some Canadian actors have a few cameos, Calum Keith Rennie and Alex Diakun. and Billy Connelly wasnt bad either.

Overall I'd say save your 10$ and go rent a season before 6 and you'd prob be better off.

SPOILER WARNING.

you should have caught up with the series if you were going to watch it. it's not like they were going to pretend like the last two seasons didn't happen.

that being said.. the movie was made for the fans. it was not an x files type of movie. it was more of a mulder/scully movie with a strange pedo with a 'ducktales' scrooge type of accent. i couldn't get past that guy.

i was totally baffled on mulder and scully's relationship until they woke up in bed together.

xhibit was terrible. amanda peet was a waste. it was all pointless. it shouldn't have been called x files anything. it wasn't even a monster of the week. nothing was monstrous or really even creepy about it. it was just kind of odd. i hate even typing this. i love x files and would defend it to my dying day. lol. but it was not very good :(

i also thought, unfortunately, that anderson and duchovny are not aging very well. i don't think the long hair is very becoming on Gillian.. she is too short and has too small of a frame to be taken over by so much hair and duchovny is the same.. he looked much better as mulder. i still curse tea "yoko" leoni for ruining him with x files. she sucks as an actress too.

so, basically i'm going to pretend the movie did not happen.

I loved x-files too, but all things must come to an end and this was no way to end it. I saw a lot of people who started going to the cell phones to keep occupied about half way through. How the writers could portray a doctor on film trying how to cure a patient by typing "stem cell research" into google is just insulting to the profession. Crashed cars in the snow that are left for days that first found by FBI, Russians performing surgery for no other reason than to represent that the villians are amongst us, Mulder bringing up "Gillian" instead of Scully on his cellphone is at best a lame joke and the tamest of endings. I could just go on, but I think the dead horse has been flogged enough!

randycaver said:
SPOILER WARNING.

you should have caught up with the series if you were going to watch it. it's not like they were going to pretend like the last two seasons didn't happen.

that being said.. the movie was made for the fans. it was not an x files type of movie. it was more of a mulder/scully movie with a strange pedo with a 'ducktales' scrooge type of accent. i couldn't get past that guy.

i was totally baffled on mulder and scully's relationship until they woke up in bed together.

xhibit was terrible. amanda peet was a waste. it was all pointless. it shouldn't have been called x files anything. it wasn't even a monster of the week. nothing was monstrous or really even creepy about it. it was just kind of odd. i hate even typing this. i love x files and would defend it to my dying day. lol. but it was not very good :(

i also thought, unfortunately, that anderson and duchovny are not aging very well. i don't think the long hair is very becoming on Gillian.. she is too short and has too small of a frame to be taken over by so much hair and duchovny is the same.. he looked much better as mulder. i still curse tea "yoko" leoni for ruining him with x files. she sucks as an actress too.

silly movie, but i never got bored like all of the above did.

the motiveless russians were underdeveloped and that research montage was a complete joke, but overall it wasn't terrible.

2/5

Yeah. I watched this last night. I don't know if it was because I was smoking, the girl I was watching it with saying Xibit looked like Martin Luther King Jr. or not being able to get, "Yo dawg! I know how much you like X-Files........" out of my mind, but this movie seemed very boring.

I kept wanting it to end so I could leave, but the movie had other plans. I made some Frito Burritos to kill time and hunger, but the girl paused the movie, so I was still fucked. The burritos were great. The movie was not.

Last edited:
I was a huge fan of the show BUT i pretty much hated the conspiracy episodes, it was like one long run through a rat-maze, but the rat never found it's treat at the end. I loved the monsters, strange phenomenon, strange humans with unusual abilities or powers.... you know, the creepy episode. I couldn't even tell you what happen with the conspiracy eps because i usually fell asleep or turned it off. And i never got to see much of seasons 8 and 9 and a little of 7. One day I'll watch them on Netflix's "Watch Instantly" on my computer because I'd like to see how the series ended.

I didn't mind Robert Patrick, i mean.. I didn't LOVE him, but i did like Annabeth Gish. I guess because she's been acting soooooooooooo long that I just trust her acting and characters. I only saw a few eps with those two 'fill-ins' But i remember thinking "I sure wish Mulder and Scully would come back"

That's probably why i just flat out stopped watching it, lost interest with the departure of Mulder and Sculy.

LOVED the lone gone men!!!

I saw the first X-files movie and it was ok but the new one "I want to believe" was more like episode level, not movie level but i did enjoy IWTB because it was more like the old days of the x-files, like season 1-4. And that cigarette man drove me nutso.... and i always hoped Fox would find his sister :(

Anyone think there will be a trequel? I kinda think their will be but not for a good 6 years or more. I think 3 movies would be a good way to end the whole thing.
Oh oh oh... AND I LOVED seeing Scully in bed with Mulder and she complained about his scruffy beard. That was so cute, loved seeing them as a couple. And i loved seeing Scully as a Doctor. I am kinda partial to the Scully Character over the Mulder character, but that's because i think Scully is very sexy, a nerdy, FBI, doctor sexy LOL.

I'll always love the show and the movies. Just good fun. But, "I want to believe" wasn't that great!, I scored it at a 3, i didn't want to give it to low a score or give it more credit then it deserved. But, if it's ever on TV one night in 2 years and I'm bored, I'd totally watch it.

Oh, love Scully's longer hair too.

RPG

I've not seen the movie. The DVD I bought won't play. Fucking pirated DVDs. Scully is definitely sexier with her hair long.

Don't worry. No one remembers the four Planet of the Apes sequels anyway. :)

Haven't seen this one - may check it out on DVD though. I used to love the television show, and I thought the first movie was completely awesome. I know everyone says this one sucks, but hey, I'll give it a shot.