• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

randycaver

Bluelight Crew
X Files - 2nd movie in the works

I just looked on TVTome.com and it had the following info about the second X Files movie :)

January 16, 2005

Both David Duchovny and Chris Carter have announced that work on the second X Files movie will start either late 2005 or early 2006 for a summer 2006 release. They have both stated that the sequel will be a stand-alone horror story and will have nothing do to with past stories or episodes from the TV show. Chris Carter are also stated that Gillian Anderson is also interested in returing (but yet to be comfirmed), but yet there has been no word from other cast members Robert Patrick, Annabeth Gish or even Mitch Pileggi.

That's exciting news! Hopefully this time, it is actually true. 8)

They talk about Robert Patrick like he was in the series for a long time. Who cares if he's in it or not.

lol, i know, he wasn't integral at all. I would be wary of the movie if he or her were in it.

Maybe this movie will be campy and chock full of cameo appearances, like "Jose Chung's From Outerspace".

I hope they don't make this film, personally i hated the original, but then again I've hated almost all films David Duchovny is in.

Peace

This just sounds like a terrible idea. After the movie the series went downhill as is, then those last couple seasons? Atrocious.

I think it would be best to just leave this franchise alone and let it be so I can fondly remember everything prior to that movie, instead of remembering it as another soul-sucking time waste like the the episode where they go to the Brady Bunch home.

GentlemanLoser said:
This just sounds like a terrible idea. After the movie the series went downhill as is, then those last couple seasons? Atrocious.

I think it would be best to just leave this franchise alone and let it be so I can fondly remember everything prior to that movie, instead of remembering it as another soul-sucking time waste like the the episode where they go to the Brady Bunch home.

I loved season 6, actually. The rest, yeah, they weren't necessary.

I want to see it for sentimentality's sake, but.. who knows. I'll give it a whirl regardless

X-files spent too much on governmental conspiracies that lead to nowhere. I like it when it was just alien stuff and when I mean liked, I mean nowhere beyond about season 3.

"Jose Chung's From Outerspace". One of the best episodes.

I also hope they do not make this movie
The first movie was bad

David Duchovny hasnt really been in many great movies, yet, he was def the highlight of zoolander!

Thank God it will be a stand-alone--making the first movie part of the "mythology" was a huge mistake. All of my favorite episodes, with the exception of "Memoirs of a Cigarette-Smoking Man" have been non-mythology.

Though my interest is piqued, I think it will be a dud--it's breaking one of my sequel "rules": sequels that come out long after the original usually suck. Though I missed the last couple of seasons--my interest took a nose-dive after Mulder was abducted, though I have nothing but good things to say about Robert Patrick's performance in the series--I would still watch it if it came out.

i prefer the mythology episodes (until they collapsed under their own weight - around the end of season six), but i'm happy for this to be a stand alone.

i really loved this show, and duchovny is an amazing actor in the role of mulder (and at least good otherwise). anderson really nails scully's characterisation too, so i hope she signs on.

If she doesn't sign on, that chemistry that made the series such an initial hit (and the last seasons so uninteresting when it was lacking) won't be there. :(

exactly^ i dont think i will give it a second thought if it isnt mulder and scully/duchovny and anderson

Yep! It wouldn't be X Files.. I can't believe they'd even entertain the thought. I haven't read anything on the sites I have been browsing that even SUGGEST differently.

The first seasons were amazing, ripe with great new stories and material. As soon as they tried to start 'connecting' all the episodes and focusing more on their relationship to the cases rather then the cases themselfs is when real trouble arose.

Scully and Mulder should have done it by the third season. They drug the suspense out too long, and it just became annoying...