Votes: 2 22.2%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

XiolaBleu

Bluelighter
"The Lovely Bones" centers on a young girl who has been murdered and watches over her family - and her rapist/killer - from heaven. She must weigh her desire for vengeance against her desire for her family to heal."

This film doesn't come out until December 09' I believe, but I am more than slightly curious to know if anyone is as excited for this film as I am. The book seriously cut into a lot of sleep time while I was reading it, as it was damn near impossible to put down. While I initially thought the premise could have been very cheesy, it wasn't at all, I actually found the whole book to be very enthralling. When I heard the film was being made I was pretty damn stoked to say the very least, especially when I realized Peter Jackson was directing.

I can honestly say that I think Peter Jackson will more then do the book justice, this is solely based on how absolutely brilliant Heavenly Creatures is. I've heard some rumblings from the peanut gallery questioning his ability to portray the book accurately, but I think this is mostly coming from those who have only seen LOTR (which isn't really my cup of tea) and/or King Kong (again, not my cup of tea). Plus I must say, Meet the Feebles, The Frighteners, and Bad Taste are ridiculously great in their own rights, but I digress.

Also I'm curious as to how others feel about the casting choices. I think Rachel Weisz will be wonderful as Abigail. I'm slightly wary of Mark Wahlberg as Jack Salmon, but I'm more the willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially w/ Peter Jackson directing.

Thoughts?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0380510/

Freak yes! i just was checking this out with my friends the other day, oh man the book was sooo good. i cannot wait to see how the movie measures up.

Read the book while stuck in Hospital about five years ago. Depressed the hell out of me, though I was stoned on Morphine most of the time.

nice movie, but the story was not very satisfying. i am unfamiliar with the book, so i'm basing this entirely on the movie. 3/5 for the nice craft.

I have the book here looking at me right now (borrowed it from an officemate...) I'll give it a read sooner or later :D

I'm usually not a big fan of modern fiction, but The Lovely Bones is a fantastic book. Mark Wahlberg strikes me as the wrong person to play the father so I'm hoping to be proven wrong when this comes to theaters here.

Beautiful book. I love Alice Sebold's depiction of heaven. I was also super excited when I heard about the movie, especially the fact it was done by Peter Jackson. I saw it a few weeks ago and, as expected, cried the whole way through. Some of that New Zealand imagery was just amazing and the soundtrack was great also.... This Mortal Coil - SONG TO THE SIREN! Ooohhhh I really lost it during that scene!

The Lovely Bones is a visual masterpiece, almost unparalleled, though it reminded me in parts of Aronofsky's The Fountain. But unlike Fountain, the CGI in Bones actually detracts severly from the film during some segments. Not because it's bad, but because it's too good. The visual aspect of the film is at times so overwhelmingly beautiful that I found myself becoming detached from the story. And the film has other problems.

That fucking turtle neck wearing multi-racial love interest freak needs to be shot.

Same goes for the asian girl with pig tails and the stupid name.

But having said all that - the scenes that work, really work.

Stanley Tucci is wonderful. Just freakin' wonderful.

3 stars.

Terrible flick. My (ex) girl studied forensic anrthopology gor her under grad and thought is was going to be some thriller/murder mystery. She was excited for a month to see it. So being the wonderful boyfriend8) I took her. We left about 40 minutes in. LOL. only the second movie I have ever walked out on.

^I think this is an unfair review.

It deserves more than one star.

This film has gotten really harsh criticisms and I would cut numerous scenes from it. Maybe even 45 minutes. But that doesn't mean it's terrible. The bits that shouldn't be cut are exceptionally well done. I understand how you were disengaged with the film, but if you sat through it maybe you would have had a higher opinion. The scenes with Mr. Harvey were perfect.

^I think this is an unfair review.

It deserves more than one star.

This film has gotten really harsh criticisms and I would cut numerous scenes from it. Maybe even 45 minutes. But that doesn't mean it's terrible. The bits that shouldn't be cut are exceptionally well done. I understand how you were disengaged with the film, but if you sat through it maybe you would have had a higher opinion. The scenes with Mr. Harvey were perfect.

I do agree that a couple scenes with Mr. Harvey were better than good. But not perfect. In my opinion it was terrible. The urge to leave was stronger than the interest the keep watching. Just an opinion of one fellow though. Glad you enjoyed the movie!

It was pretty good...I loved the after life sequences, they reminded me of "what dreams may come".

i thought stanley tucci did an excellent job. he thoroughly creeped me out and played the role proper. i saw an interview he did on CBS Sunday Morning and he said that this was his least favorite character he has ever played because its furthest from who stanley tucci actually is. any scene that had him in it, had me pent up with anticipation. bravo.

a few things though that kinda ruined it for me, and had me yelling "THAT CANT HAPPEN!"

it would be impossible for Stanley Tucci's character and the owner of the junk pit to move a safe like that from the back of his vehicle into the junk pit. have you ever tried to pick up a safe? even one smaller than that? they are impossible to move! and rewind a few decades back, the safes back then would be even heavier than the ones that hold petty cash at your local blockbuster video or retail boutique these days. and how about stanley tucci ALONE moving the safe from his basement to his vehicle? and in the time he had before mark walberg's character got the cops to show up? forget about it. THAT CANT HAPPEN!

so Stanley Tucci's character trips up at the end takes that spill over the side of that really steep hillside. he's knockin rocks, tree limbs, the face of the hill, snow...basically limbs twisting all over the place, spinning around. he finally lands with his body completely contorted. but his glasses? why did they only have a small crack on the side? they should have come off his face a long way back. THAT CANT HAPPEN!

anyone else feel like the movie could have wrapped up sooner than it did?

i don't remember what the title means. i just remember that they skimmed over it and it barely made sense.