⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film & Television forum feedback - ** PLEASE CONTRIBUTE **

that one'll do then. good find missmemberator! :D

i also thought we already had a thread for "the cell".

^ lurk moar, lefty. :p

how about a '******* of the week'?

it could be an actor/actress of the week, or perhaps it could focus on a type of film crew (e.g. what the fuck is a key grip?), or anything to do with film or TV.

it could be informative and entertaining. infotainment, if you will. ;)

whilst the traffic is up, it aint at the point where a weekly discussion will get anywhere. hnif's weekly box office threads have demonstrated this.
the favourites polls are perpetual. that's why they work.

oh wow, listen to mr negative. :p

the weekly box office threads demonstrated that people aren't interested in weekly box office threads, that's all. ;)

(no offence, frankie baby.)

i would come up with something myself, but i'll be away so i don't have the time right now. :)

(im skipping to my favorite part of the list :p )

Elia Kazan
dogme
Gus Van Sant
sam raimi
Comic book adaptation
John Landis
best actor to play batman
best big-screen shakespeare adaptation
hayao mizayaki
akira kurosawa
David Cronenberg
John Hughes
rob reiner
Todd Solondz
Tim Burton
Joel Schumacher
Batman film
Governmental/ Societal Dystopian film
james bond movie (postponed until quantum of solace is released, november 2008.)
star trek film (postponed until "star trek" is released, may 2009)

dogme (too many to list and few are well known. ali and i agreed to skip it)
Gus Van Sant
sam raimi
Comic book adaptation
John Landis
hayao mizayaki
akira kurosawa
David Cronenberg
John Hughes
rob reiner
Todd Solondz
Tim Burton
Joel Schumacher
Batman film
Governmental/ Societal Dystopian film (taking nominations)
stephen king adaptation
film from imdbs top 50
tony scott
kevin smith
star wars film
indiana jones film
the matrix film
back to the future film
a nightmare on elm street film
police academy film

Last edited:
sam raimi
Comic book adaptation
John Landis
hayao mizayaki
akira kurosawa
David Cronenberg
John Hughes
rob reiner
Todd Solondz
Tim Burton
Joel Schumacher
Batman film
stephen king adaptation
film from imdbs top 50
tony scott
kevin smith
star wars film
indiana jones film
the matrix film
back to the future film
police academy film
Arnold Schwarzenegger movie

I was just wondering though, why the mods have taken it upon themselves to compile these threads?. Surely the idea is to encourage people to create their own threads, rather than you guys doing it for them/us?.

I personally would love to create some of the thread ideas that I've already suggested, but when someone else tried to do exactly that, the thread was immediately closed because it was already on 'The List'. Now, I dunno if I'm missing something obvious here, but that seems a little silly to me. Much of these compiled lists are just that, lists. Anyone who isn't already familiar with such films, is still none the wiser imo. What about pics, links, videos etc?. How are you supposed to generate interest with nothing more than a list of names a lot of people probably haven't even heard of?.

thanks for this, but

for one thing, only mods can make polls.
secondly, if we have all the polls pop up at once, the participation levels on each would be diluted.

anyone is able to, encourage to, add to the list.

does that make sense?

Impacto Profundo said:
for one thing, only mods can make polls.

Yes, I'm fully aware of that. I'm sure you wouldn't get that many requests to create polls for the appropriate threads. It's hardly an unmanageable forum. I mean, after all, there are 3 mods that could take care of it.

Impacto Profundo said:
secondly, if we have all the polls pop up at once, the participation levels on each would be diluted.

You mean compared to the huge level of participation you have at this particular point in time?. I'm not so sure I agree with that. That's just negative thinking, Lefty.

Impacto Profundo said:
does that make sense?

Yes, you're right, and I'm wrong. ;)

alright TG, i'll run it past the others to see what they think.

no dramas, mate. that's what this thread is made for. i would like more people to be as ego shattering and critical. i mean, if we mods aren't contemplating taking a dive, you guys aren't doing your jobs! ;) :p

we're going through these faster now.

hayao mizayaki
akira kurosawa
David Cronenberg
John Hughes
rob reiner
Todd Solondz
Tim Burton
Joel Schumacher
Batman film
stephen king adaptation
film from imdbs top 50
tony scott
kevin smith
star wars film
indiana jones film
the matrix film
back to the future film
police academy film

hayao mizayaki
akira kurosawa
John Hughes
rob reiner
Todd Solondz
Joel Schumacher
Batman film
stephen king adaptation
film from imdbs top 50
tony scott
kevin smith
star wars film
indiana jones film
the matrix film

best big-screen shakespeare adaptation (too many)
John Hughes
rob reiner
Todd Solondz
Joel Schumacher
all done
kevin smith
star wars film
indiana jones film
the matrix film
star trek film

Last edited:
This forum could be so much better.

Why can't threads just be allowed to happen naturally. All these lists and threads created by mods with polls tend to be fairly boring. The director threads (which don't encourage much discussion other than "I voted for x film") allowing people to vote for their favourite film by a certain director are absolutely boring as hell, no one tends to say anything interesting about the film and if I haven't seen the film these threads don't give me any info that make me want to seek them out. As tribal girl says it doesn't really make way for much scope on what is discussed. What we need are reviews, trailers, summaries, synopsis' and so on.

Things need to happen naturally not in the way it's done now or this forum will always be fairly boring and not all that active.

Also why if someone happens to make a new topic based on a film already discussed is it instantly closed even if it's talking about a different aspect of the film and not even merged with the existing thread. Even comparisons between two films which is different from talking about each film seperately are closed. And the mods don't seem to be polite or curtious about it, very blunt and to the point.

Another thing which I find limits how good this forum is for me (and very little can be done about this as it's more a personal thing than anything) is that few seem to watch many films which aren't big Hollywood blockbusters. There's some absolutely epic world cinema releases been out recently but there appears to be little interest. Any threads I've made on recent world cinema films die a death without any interest. I think if people broadened their horizons they'd see there's life outside of American films. There are plenty of amazingly good films from Holywood but most of it is generic crap for dummed down audiences. It's a shame everyones not seeing all the great films the world has to offer.

Also why if someone happens to make a new topic based on a film already discussed is it instantly closed even if it's talking about a different aspect of the film and not even merged with the existing thread. Even comparisons between two films which is different from talking about each film seperately are closed. And the mods don't seem to be polite or curtious about it, very blunt and to the point.

Just speaking for myself here. I only merge a thread when there is more than one post in the new thread. It's kind of pointless to merge when the person can simply copy and paste their post in the original thread. I usually make that suggestion and I always provide a link to said thread.

How courteous do you want us to be anyway? Most mods give the standard UTFSE response. I think me informing them that the thread already exists and providing a link link is more than polite. Most of the time, I thank them for posting and encourage them to do so more in the future. I haven't been rude about closing posts nor have I see Impacto Profundo or wanderlust be rude.

Having two or more threads about one movie is not only pointless, it takes away from the original thread itself. I don't know about you, but if I'm discussing a movie, I'm not about to bounce around from one thread to another to discuss the same movie.

At any rate, I appreciate your feedback.

OK so what about the other points I made are they not going to be addressed?

Grow some patience, guy. I'll let the other mods chime in accordingly.

As far as your threads dying off, it happens to everyone. I've made plenty of threads that have died off with little to no responses. You have to accept the fact that there are movies that, while relevant to you, do not peak the interests of other bluelighters. You can always add more to your threads later and make them fresh again. Keeping threads fresh is a good way to get a response.

It sounds to me like you are taking all of this just a little too personal.