Votes: 2 9.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • [IMG]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/IMG]

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
Just saw it, and I do like musicals (if they're done properly, with rousing, original music and a nice, strong plot to go along with it all -- my favorite is Les Misérables, to give you a taste of my tastes). I really enjoyed it -- possibly the bloodiest musical I've ever seen! There's so much visual candy in this film, though, I think even haters of musicals would enjoy themselves.

mariacallas said:
^nah, the image came from this gay dudes blog and he loves putting pink stuff on the images :eek:
lol
Benefit said:
It's a shame so many people have a negative knee-jerk reaction to movie musicals. I blame Paint Your Wagon.

Musicals have come a long way since the Freed Unit at MGM was pumping out a new one every 9 months. Not that I mind watching Gene Kelly tap dance his way around a studio backlot, but it has a certain amount of soggy, 1950s theatrical flair and pomp that rubs homophobes the wrong way.
Hahah!

Musicals have never really worked for me. Either sing and dance through a film, or act through a film.... not both.

I like my theatrical homosexuals entirely separate from my prancing homosexuals.

why would you ruin such a great dark pic by putting fucking pink stars in it

anyways great movie, johnny depp has a great singing voice, it was an amazing movie from start to finish

^who cares, it's just a picture :p

Sacha Baron Cohen and the bulge in his tights make a memorable appearance as Mr. Todd's rival. The singing is pretty good (God bless you post production), and there is a lot of it, but dialogue and singing are interwoven together pretty smoothly. The closing tableau style scene, with the puddles of bright red blood and the fortissimo pounding of the orchestra was fan-fucking-tastic

lol! <3 your post Benefit as always. Cant wait to see this...not yet showing back here!

still wish i could have seen it back in the day when angela lansbury played mrs. lovett...

don't get me wrong, the movie was still totally awesome. but then, how could anything with depp, cohen, and rickman in it not be completely amazing?

I havent seen it but Johnny Depp is a fag for doing a musical.

Go back to Broadway and dance the cocks outta your butt, ya fuckin homo.

TALLY said:
I havent seen it but Johnny Depp is a fag for doing a musical.

Go back to Broadway and dance the cocks outta your butt, ya fuckin homo.

Don't take out your repressed anger at your own newfound homosexuality on others. All this time I could have sworn you were gay, too...

i enjoy musicals. this one isn't bad. great sets and costumes. i really liked the story.

it's just the music in this film all sounds the same to me. there is very little inspiration in the tunes and scope of the sounds.
3/5

I dunno. Tim Burton doesn't seem speak to me anymore. I've not really been into anything he's done since Ed Wood.

I liked the original Sweeny Todd movie a TON more than this crap!
When is Burton going to stop filming in shades of Grey?
All his movies look the same, not to mention I think he only has 1 actors name in his rolodex.

RED-DOG said:
I think he only has 1 actors name in his rolodex.

thats still a pretty strong rolodex;)

i really enjoyed this movie. i fall into the category of "dont love but dont hate" when it comes to musicals. i was just happy that none of the musical numbers were grating, and didnt seem to run on too long.

depp was great as usual and the bloodletting scenes were stylized and entertaining as opposed to gory.

my only complaint is that the ending felt very abrupt. it seemed like there ought to be at least 10 more minutes devoted to todd's daughter and her suitor @ the end.

solid 4

I didn't really like this movie at all, but I do love Depp, Burton and Carter. I think if this movie wasn't a musical it would've been better. I'm not really a fan of musicals in the first place, though.

When is Burton going to stop filming in shades of Grey?
*cough*the chocolate factory*cough*

i love burton but didn't enjoy sweeney todd
story wise, it seemed to me like a short film made into 2 hours long
it lacked substance
i thought the same about the chocolate factory

Burton and Depp are both hella overrated, imo.

Especially Burton. Depp is good on some movies. (Blow)