⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

FILM: Pixar's Up

rate it!

• Total voters

continuousbeing2

Bluelighter
pixar-up-poster.jpg

Saw this last night and I have to say, it has become my new favorite Pixar movie (not an easy feat). Utterly hilarious but also pretty heart breaking and sad at times as well. One of the best things about the movie is that Up conveyed more emotional depth in 15 minutes of no spoken lines than most other movies can get out of 90 minutes of story.

Anyway, I really hope everyone here goes to see this film. The 3D was incredible, and it was moving beyond belief. Hell, I cried twice. And so did pretty much everyone we saw it with.

Also, the short that is attached (Partly Cloudy) was pretty genius as well. Hilarious and powerful, just like the feature that followed.

One of the best things about the movie is that Up conveyed more emotional depth in 15 minutes of no spoken lines than most other movies can get out of 90 minutes of story.

I agree. I loved the whole beginning. I took my nephews and one had to sit on my lap during the beginning because he got sad...

I'm looking forward to this. Wall-E was good. What a great name too. I love the word "UP".

I teared up too it was awesome.

Its really the simple stuff done well that Pixar is amazing at. The characters look lovable, the kid the dog the old guy the old guy at all his different ages it is the artistry that makes these movies the writing and direction are just solid and don't get in the way.

^Same. :)

I can't wait to see this, I've been counting down! We may have to have an adult screening before we show the kids - I can't wait another two weeks! :p

Hopefully it's good enough for a second viewing.

i liked it, but didn't think it was great. wall-e, ratatouille, the incredibles imo are better, but whatevs its cool for the family. think i like about these movies u know theres a sad part but it will always be a happy ending.

i thought the first 10-15 minutes were amazing, it was very touching. however, i think the movie went down hill from there. the rest of the movie was a typical clichéd kids movie complete with talking animals.

squirels !!

LOL :D that did have me laughing. I thought the dogs were brilliant.....

....especially when the doberman spoke for the first time. I felt so obvious, but it tickled me.

Great for the kids, yes I did have a lump in the throat :eek:

I don't think it's the best Pixar has done (WALL-E takes some beating IMO) but still enough to give it 4 stars. I'm a sucker for good animation.

I'm looking forward to this. Wall-E was good. What a great name too. I love the word "UP".

I cried at Wall-E. lol. It is truly one of my super dooper favorite PIXAR cartoons.
I think I'm going to love "UP" just as much.... ;)<3

man disney sure loves killing off women in the first few minutes of a story ;)

loved it!

Just saw this in the theater tonight. What an excellent way to spend Sunday night.
I teared up maybe four times and was laughing my ass off in the rest. Love love love love <3
Partly Cloudy was fantastic too. Funny everytime I saw that mean old Kirk Douglas looking dude
I kept wanting to yell ...Spaaartacus!!!

I just wanna hug Russel and Dug to tiny little bits.
3686839981_e0720399a1.jpg

up_dog.jpg

My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.

Saw UP yesterday with two kids I was sitting. I enjoyed it for the most part - the animation was un-fucking-believable, absolutely top notch and even a reason to see the film over anything else. That being said, I didn't love the story-line. I'm being quite picky here, as I liked it for the most part.

To me the characters were gorgeous but they felt a little too perfect. Carl's relationship with Ellie was absolutely awe-inspiring and almost bought a tear to my eye on a few occasions [I fought it back as I'm a hard-arse :p] but it got a little too saccharine sweet after a while.
NSFW:
I also found the fact that Doug the dog automatically turned on his fellow hunting dogs and his Master without missing a beat was a little flat and one dimensional.. and the way 'Kevin' just latched onto Carl and Russell without question left me feeling a bit flat.

That said, it was a fun adventure and definitely something the kids enjoyed. There were a lot more scary moments than I had expected, so beware if you have a real youngun' with you - they will likely cry and get quite scared in parts.

The ending was sweet and closed everything up nicely. All in all,
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif
out of
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif
16.gif
. :)

fantastic effort, just as expected from pixar. they never disappoint. it's amazing how every other studio going the computer animation route get it so supremely wrong in comparison. 5/5 wifey and i loved it from start to finish.
3d was great, wondering if it would be worth going to the toy story 1+2 3D double feature when it releases.