⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

FILM: Momento ... need help figuring it out

sOn said:
what i never could figure out about that movie was when he first killed natalies boyfriend he drives over to that bar. she is waiting for him. she sees lenny and just plays it off like nothing.

what the hell is that all about. i understood all of it but that part just blew my mind. was she helping teddy? playing her boyfriend for a fool to split the money with teddy? i could not figure it out

I don't think natalie and teddy are working together against her boyfriend. I don't think she knows that lenny killed her boyfriend, I think she believes it's Dood that did it, and thats why she sends lenny after him. Of course lenny was wearing her boyfriends clothes and driving his car. I also often wonder about that part of the movie, I guess we'll never know :D

but the writer of that movie is good to portray the movie like he did. i give props

young livers heal quick said:
The black and white scenes were going backwards in time, the colour scenes were happening chronologically.

But as it turns out it's nothing but a vicious circle anyway

Nah it's the other way round...

To the original poster, just watch it another time or two and it should all make sense... The thing I loved the most about watching this movie was by the end of the movie I actually felt like I had his disorder for a little while. Not literally but the way the scenes move by the end of the movie you are left feeling slightly disconcerted.

This is one of those movies that I would love to be able to watch again for the first time...

She wasn't raped and murdered-just raped. Because when Teddy explains that he already killed the guy it flashes and shows Lenny and his wife in bed and her running her hand over the tattoo over his heart that he got when he got to John G

god bless this film SG i hope you watched this again and again because once you understand the basics of what "actually" happened this is a phenomenal flick. it actually took me 2 viewings b4 i had it sorted out. such a superb flick though. anyone w/ the dvd know if there really exists a special feature where you can watch the film in chronological order?

^^^ one of my film tutors @ uni last year said that this feature existed, so yeah, i would presume so :)

Film: Memento 2000

There something wrong with bluelight if the only Memento threads are in the archive of aus social and words.

The sammy jankis story is a great original example of an unwitting existential crisis head fuck that strikes a deep cord of fear in me. Just the concept of a loved one gambling their life on the futile attempt to connect with or through to me and me not having the ability to respond is a horror that wigs the shit out of me. Perhaps because for a few hours one night a couple of years back i was in almost that exact position (replace life gamble with sanity gambling).

Great fuckin film. Just watched it again and i'm tempted to watch the chronological edit right away. Anyone seen this second version?

L2R said:
There something wrong with bluelight if the only Memento threads are in the archive of aus social and words.
--> merged with "Momento" thread. tehe.

doh of course!

i just got through the chronological version. I'm telling ya, this makes for one of the finest dvd releases ever, apart from the ridiculous way in which you get to the extra options. Did they really think that people will just figure out the NINE fucking steps to get to the paydirt on their own? No wonder why i sat on this dvd for about a year before looking for the extras. Anyways, with the help of google, i found a step by step guide which got me what i wanted.
The film is excellently, but not perfectly cut together in "reverse", and the story flows more smoothly the other way around. Some de ja vu moments, predominantly in the second half which sees several moments of the same couple of seconds repeat one after another, which could've and should've been removed considering that you watch this version on a completely seperate disc, can get a little distracting, but it's well worth the slight irritation for this throws a whole new perspective on the film. This really highlights the brilliantly planned out plot as well as emphasises the tragedy and eventual kharmic resolution. The opening and closing bookends were particularly nice in that the end credits are viewed first, backwards (going down in reverse order) yet with the closing song in normal direction, and the opening shot, which is normally in backwards plays forwards with the original sound playing also backwards (so forward) but sounding backwards still. Even the production company logo is backwards. Also for some reason, on this version, they've locked every control except pause and play, so no fast forward or backward, skipping or subtitles. Once again, being on a seperate disc, this seems pointless.
A lot of effort was put in the making of this. It's just a shame they didn't finely edit the film to skip the small repetitions.
I HIGHLY recommend anyone who liked this film to get a copy of the special DVD in order to catch this feature. It could easily be considered another (great) film on it's own.

Last edited:
I watched this again today on Encore. Seems like I pick up on something new every time I watch it. Don't shoot me, but I have to say I loved this movie more than Inception. No CGI. No explosions. Just an incredible story told in an awesome way.

I love the scene where he's running and he's asking himself, "What am I doing? I'm chasing this guy." Guy runs towards him, shooting. "Nope. He's chasing me."

The Sammy Jenkins story threaded throughout the film is so heartbreaking. I love that, even now, it's still debated as to whether or not Leonard is actually Sammy.

This movie is one reveal after another. The beginning was like looking at a picture though a camera that was an inch away from it. Slowly, the camera pulls back, further and further. Each time it pulls back, it reveals a little more. Until you see that the picture you thought you were looking at is entirely different that what you are looking at. I love this movie.