Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: Land of the Dead

rate this

• [img]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • [img]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/img][img]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/img]

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • [img]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/img][img]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/img][img]http://i1

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • [img]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/img][img]http://i1.bluelight.nu/pi/16.gif[/img][img]http://i1

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

axl blaze

Bluelighter
Land of the Dead: Romero's Next Film

I don't know how much of a following George A. Romero has on Bluelight, but he was the director to Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (the original), and Day of the Dead. he has a new film that will be coming out shortly to wrap up the Dead series called Land of the Dead.

how does everyone think this film is gonna shape out? the plot line goes something like this: zombies have completely taken over the post-apocolyptic world. the remaining surviving humans take refuge in a town with reinforced walls to keep the dead out. the town is separated by rich and common man, with the commoners living on the grounds of the city and the rich living in secured and guarded skyscrapers. well, the concept of zombie evolution from Day of the Dead is taken a couple steps further and apparantly the zombies in this film become more smart. on top of this, the common men plan to revolt against the rich in the skyscrapers.

I think it sounds pretty cool.

Smart zombies? that sounds pretty fucking weak. The major problem with Day of the dead was that whole thing about teaching the zombies to become humane. The side story of rich vs. poor sounds cool, but Romero should just keep the zombies to regular zombies like in night of the living dead.

I think it's great that Romero is coming out with a new flick, but I find it disappointing that this sequel came out more than 20 years later.

I read an article in Fangoria magazine that had an interview with him.
The zombies in this flick will be exactly like the slow moving zombies he had in the previous trilogy.
Kinda sucks that he has to compete with the hyper speed zombies that you saw in Dawn of the Dead remake :\

Who needs hyper speed zombies? It's a horror flick, not a action flick.

I didn't see the dawn of the dead remake, but 28 days had the fast zombie like things and the dead trilogy was a lot better than that one.

I'm all over his films. They're great!. Well, okay... his last two only have campy cult value, but he still rocks. I even bought the Dawn of the Dead remake on DVD. If he puts something out, I'll watch it.

Blue_Lava said:
I even bought the Dawn of the Dead remake on DVD. If he puts something out, I'll watch it.

I pretty much NEVER buy movies, but I bought that one the day it came out. I think my obsession with it is bordering on abnormal.

I'm looking forward to Land of the Dead, but I have a feeling that I'll be disappointed. I didn't really care for the others that much.

well, all we can hope for is a good film.

romero's a fantastic director, and whilst the recent slew of zombie films have been good (i adore the dotd remake), none of them have approached the social critiques that romero's films have.

onetwothreefour said:
whilst the recent slew of zombie films have been good (i adore the dotd remake), none of them have approached the social critiques that romero's films have.

So true! In fact, I didn't even realize that his movies had such a strong social critique (ie we are all zombies going to the mall) until I read an article about him and his films. Then it was plain as day. Day of the dead, that is. :D

Wait, how can there be "rich" or "poor" people when it's the end of the world. By the time of day of the dead most of society is broken up, and this movie is supposed to be even later in the time line. I would think the scientist/military people would be the ones living up in the skycrapers.

goatofthenever said:
Who needs hyper speed zombies? It's a horror flick, not a action flick.

I didn't see the dawn of the dead remake, but 28 days had the fast zombie like things and the dead trilogy was a lot better than that one.

The idea in 28 days later was that they were infected with a disease called "The Rage". Wouldn't be much of a 'rage' if they were stumbling about like a bunch of valium addicted housewives. Personally, I thought they were amazing and shit-scary, in a very different way to the slow-inevitability of zombies.

Looking forward to the new George Romero film very much... wonder what sort of budget he'll have for it...

I think his budget is pretty phat to say the least.

although original filming was set in Pittsburgh, PA it was moved to Canada because the cost of filming was THAT MUCH CHEAPER.

Savini will also be in the film. remember the biker that Savini played in DOTD? I think his name was Blades? well he shows up in this movie AS A ZOMBIE BLADES. pretty cool.

here is a comprehensive site that not only covers the new Land of the Dead, but all George Romero and his zombie movies, I think any fans of Romero will HAVE to check it out!

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/

it cant go wrong with the like ov Ramero and Savini involved.. and with regard to Zombies the faster and smarter they are the better.

Anyone see C.H.U.D 2? the zombies in this film are smart enuff to drive a pickup around with spot light rounding up the humans for dinner. all shouting and hollering, having a ball! also, the film Nightlife had awsome smart arse zombies who drove cars and stuff, and dont forget the Zombies in BrainDead, they actually managed to have a baby!

^haven't seen these said zombies movies.

which is odd, because I consider myself a zombiologist.

I am a fuckin rediculous George A. Romero fan, am a zombie nut, and tell at least one person a week how I can't wait until LotD comes out. The DotD04 (remake) is my favorite of all the zombie flicks, though, and when I get back from work I will post some more in here.

Glad to see he has a following on BL, you all get an A!

yeah dude, have u seen chud 2? i have only seen chud 1, i bought it cause it is fucking hilarious when baked, we had to find chud 2 of the net. but yeh i own all 3 of romeros movies and cant wait till LOTD comes out, i heard that the studio was going to let goerge make it his way, uncut, then cut it for cinemas then release the uncut version on dvd, sound pretty fucking sweet if u ask me,.

Re: Land of the Dead: Romero's Next Film

AxL BLaZe said:
I don't know how much of a following George A. Romero has on Bluelight, but he was the director to Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (the original), and Day of the Dead. he has a new film that will be coming out shortly to wrap up the Dead series called Land of the Dead.

how does everyone think this film is gonna shape out? the plot line goes something like this: zombies have completely taken over the post-apocolyptic world. the remaining surviving humans take refuge in a town with reinforced walls to keep the dead out. the town is separated by rich and common man, with the commoners living on the grounds of the city and the rich living in secured and guarded skyscrapers. well, the concept of zombie evolution from Day of the Dead is taken a couple steps further and apparantly the zombies in this film become more smart. on top of this, the common men plan to revolt against the rich in the skyscrapers.

I think it sounds pretty cool.

Actually,I think that making the zombies more intelligent would be a great idea. If you remember Day of the Dead,they had a zombie named Bb who was actually learning and remembering his life before he was a zombie. From this,it would seem that an evolution of intellect would be a natural progression. Plus,it would be a refreshing change from the typical walk like a Thriller extra zombie or the more recent trend of super track and field athletic zombies. It would be interesting for the zombies to be able to match wits with the survivors,rather than being mowed down by uzis until they overpower them. This would also establish the zombies as a new species,rather than walking eating machines. Just a thought.

Yea, a lot of the gore will probably be cut (especially with the FCC going nuts lately) but it will all be filmed because Romero knows his fans will appreciate it all on dvd. Some of the zombies in LotD are pretty inteligent with social changes going on with them too, but I don't want to spoil anything (and for myself, so I stoped reading most of the details from his new movie). It sounded lame to me at first, but then I remembered it was Romero bringing closure to an alltime classic franchise. I know and trust he will deliver, if to no one else but his fans, and I have no doubt he knows what he is doing. Come on, it's George!

I thought 28 Days Later had an awesome social commentary aspect to it, and I loved how they reinvented the zombie genre with a modern day fear of virus infection. Fast zombies are very scary too...not better then slower zombies, just a different type of film. I like the diversity.

I recently bought Zombie, the Lucio Fulci movie, and am drooling over it. Havn't seen it yet, but heard nothing but good stuff about that series.

In the end, the original Night of the Living Dead is the greatest horror movie ever IMHO, I remember watching it as a kid and being pretty disturbed (even crazier when you consider he made that film in 68!!!!). It just had so many things going on on so many different levels I consider it a true work of art. My two favorite zombies movies are the Dawn of the Dead original and remake. The orignal is just...well, I think you all know how badass it is. But I can watch the remake over and over (I start acting moody when I havn't seen it in a while, no joke). The remake is just fun, bitchin zombie killin that never slows down the whole movie. And Ving just owns the set with his presence (how big a grin do you think he had reading that script, knowing he could represent another badass black guy in a GAR movie).

I hear they are greenlighting a sequal to DotD04, but it will be a true sequal from Snyder and not a Day remake. And with Night of the Living Dead 4 and 5 (5 has ecstacy being combined with the zombie shit to make zombie ravers lol) it looks like the best thing to come from DotD04 is it proved zombie movies are as much in demand now as they have ever been. How sweet is that :D

AxL BLaZe said:
Savini will also be in the film. remember the biker that Savini played in DOTD? I think his name was Blades? well he shows up in this movie AS A ZOMBIE BLADES. pretty cool.
That will be the highlight of the movie for me, just sounds soooooooo fuckin cool! Savini is the man!

rollmodel36 said:
Actually,I think that making the zombies more intelligent would be a great idea. If you remember Day of the Dead,they had a zombie named Bb who was actually learning and remembering his life before he was a zombie. From this,it would seem that an evolution of intellect would be a natural progression. Plus,it would be a refreshing change from the typical walk like a Thriller extra zombie or the more recent trend of super track and field athletic zombies. It would be interesting for the zombies to be able to match wits with the survivors,rather than being mowed down by uzis until they overpower them. This would also establish the zombies as a new species,rather than walking eating machines. Just a thought.

^^^^
I totally disagree with you there! Maybe you haven't seen the zombie "Flop" films that have been put out lately. With Zombies doing "human like" activity.

House of the Dead is a prime example of how that idea would be terrible.
Romero's original idea for Zombies made them intolerable to pain. Yet, have 0 intelligence.The brain shuts down when you die, I don't know know what makes you think that you would still have the same motor functions and intelligence as if you were still alive after you've been dead for so many years.

On another note on why I think Zombies with motor skills would be a bad idea was from this film I saw last year on VHS. I think it was called Zombie 4, or maybe it was called something else.
It was basically a Zombie fighting with a shark underwater 8(

If you watch the original Night of the Living Dead you will see inteligent zombies. Just trust Romero, and never mention his name and House of the Dead in the same sentance again ;)

Last edited: