• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film ID Thread

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
alright, let's have one thread that all film ID questions go in. if you've completely forgotten the name of a TV series, that would be appropriate here as well.

posts can be titled to stand out as a specific inquiry. see SOH's post below for example.

look at that, starting off with a success story. also, this thread is linked at the top of the index, as it is near impossible to search for.

Last edited:
(Japanese/Chinese ?) comedy

So there's a film I watched on a bus in cambodia. The film was with cambodian subtitles and the language was either chinese or japanese (i wasn't sure). I can't remember much of the plot but it was about 2 detectives and it was a comedy. The film was probably made in the 80s or 90s. One thing I do remember about the film is that some guy gets his head in a deep fryer. Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very little to go on here. But I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say it might be something with Stephen Chow. A lot of Cambodians (at least that I know) speak Cantonese and Stephen Chow is the biggest name I can think of in the Hong Kong comedic film genre.

If its in Japanese I have no idea.

Very little to go on here. But I'll take a wild stab in the dark and say it might be something with Stephen Chow. A lot of Cambodians (at least that I know) speak Cantonese and Stephen Chow is the biggest name I can think of in the Hong Kong comedic film genre.

If its in Japanese I have no idea.

Thanks man. yesssssssssss!!!!! I figured it out. And yes, Stephen Chow is in it.

The film is called "Look Out, Officer!"

:D

i recall in my childhood (early/mid 80's) there being a 3d film (when red/blue glasses were the rage) which involved sand slugs akin to dune. i don't know if i saw it in theatres or got glasses from tvguides for a "3d television event"

any clues?

^ Please tell me it's Tremors. PLEASE... tell me it's Tremors!!!

like tremors, but before..... i don't think tremors was ever 3d.

i recall in my childhood (early/mid 80's) there being a 3d film (when red/blue glasses were the rage) which involved sand slugs akin to dune. i don't know if i saw it in theatres or got glasses from tvguides for a "3d television event"

any clues?

Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo

come to think of it, the slugs were dressed in pastel colours... hmmmm

Thanks man. yesssssssssss!!!!! I figured it out. And yes, Stephen Chow is in it.

The film is called "Look Out, Officer!"

Lol You're welcome. I didn't think I actually got it right. But yeah Stephen Chow is freaking hilarious especially his older movies. Although a lot of his humor is hard to understand if you don't speak fluent Cantonese.

If you're interested check out Fight Back to School or the The God of Cookery. You won't get all the jokes but they are still hilarious.

Kung fu hustle is the only blu ray I own. Love shaolin soccer too.

^Those two are great as well.

The bloopers for Shaolin Soccer had me in tears I laughed so hard. :)

Lol You're welcome. I didn't think I actually got it right. But yeah Stephen Chow is freaking hilarious especially his older movies. Although a lot of his humor is hard to understand if you don't speak fluent Cantonese.

If you're interested check out Fight Back to School or the The God of Cookery. You won't get all the jokes but they are still hilarious.

That's interesting that you mentioned not understanding the language. I mean I don't speak cantonese or cambodian but I was laughing the whole time. =D

I'm sure there's probably some word play involved but there's enough humor in his films for the westerener to get. :). Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to check out his other films.

That's interesting that you mentioned not understanding the language. I mean I don't speak cantonese or cambodian but I was laughing the whole time.

Yeah I may have overstated the importance of understanding the language to understand his jokes. I guess I just always assumed most non Cantonese speaking people wouldn't get his brand of humor. Glad to be proven wrong though =D

Most of his movies are not dialogue based humor but there is a fair amount of idiomatic jokes and wordplay he sprinkles in with all his films. And when you read the English subtitles the funny bits get utterly lost in translation.

That aside here are some fucking hilarious highlights I found on youtube. You don't have to have seen any of these movies or speak Cantonese to laugh your ass off. Also it has the titles of every movie they take the footage from so you can look them up if you wish. Enjoy :D

My favorite is the first scene of the first video. Terminator 2 Stephen Chow style lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRac1qVrD8k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3fZ_nmvoUs&feature=related

An Asian war movie. (I think it's Korean) a band of villagers or something are stranded on the coast with a war lord or something on the other side. They have to hold out for a days or sumthing before boats come to save them. so then a shit ton of them die in grusome graphic battle. the boats come and a few of them escape. I saw it probably early 2000 late 90's.