Votes: 12 16.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 13.7%

• Total voters
Just saw it last night, thought it was pretty good. It seemed like alot of people in the theater didn't like it.
I don't know, what did they expect? It was certainly alot more exciting than the book. Compared to the book, I thought there was alot more storyline, but if you were someone who hadn't read it, than the movie was probably uneventful.
There were no cheesy quips from Will at all. I thought the movie really explored the loneliness he was sure to have felt, and made him look semi-deranged because of it, which is understandable.

dshock said:
Just saw it last night, thought it was pretty good. It seemed like alot of people in the theater didn't like it.
I don't know, what did they expect?

Hmm, maybe an ending that made sense? In the book, the ending is fantastic. In fact, the ending is what gave the novel its name, not to mention most of its meaning. The filmmakers, however, decided the viewing public can't think, and therefore generated an entirely unrelated happy Hollywood ending.

Daisybabe, where do you work that you get passes to all these advance screenings?

I saw the movie on the opening night last night.. I was enertained. I can't say that for most of the movies released now-a-days..

syyth007 said:
I saw the movie on the opening night last night.. I was enertained. I can't say that for most of the movies released now-a-days..

That about sums it up. It's pretty rare for a Hollywood movie to linger in my thoughts for days afterwards. Entertaining me for 90 minutes is the best I can hope for.

Daisybabe said:
Hmm, maybe an ending that made sense? In the book, the ending is fantastic. In fact, the ending is what gave the novel its name, not to mention most of its meaning. The filmmakers, however, decided the viewing public can't think, and therefore generated an entirely unrelated happy Hollywood ending.

I disagree, in the book, the ending is anything But fantastic. Maybe if by "fantastic" you mean awful. The book explained nothing, and left the majority of the origin of the entire background story up to the reader's imagination. The movie at least took some time to explain more so how things got the way they did and went more into depth about the work he continued to do.
Given that the Whole book is 150 pages, I can't believe they made 140 minutes of the movie.

although I am Legend is one of my fave all-time reads, the ending lacks completely. it is one of the worst endings for all horror books ever. I would say it is cliche, but I suppose it dates cliche because it was the first horror ending of its time?

anyways, the ending was laughable at best and really put the book down on a sour note for me. I didn't expect them to add that in the movie.

MaxPowers said:
Someone post a spoiler!!!

I'd like to know the ending.

Spoiler Warning:

NSFW:
A man-made virus called KV (or Krippen Virus, originally created as a cancer vaccine) wipes out the population of the world in 2009, leaving virologist Robert Neville (Will Smith) the last human survivor in New York City and possibly the world. The virus immediately killed 90% of the people on the planet, roughly 5.4 billion. Less than 1% of humans are immune, leaving roughly 12 million people unaffected. The remaining 588 million people were infected but did not die; they instead began exhibiting early symptoms of rabies and then lost all normal human behavior, degenerating into a primal state driven by cannibalistic hunger, in turn killing a majority of the immune. Neville is watched by these "infected" people. The infected are strongly affected by UV radiation, so they avoid sunlight and hide in the dark underground and in buildings (called hives by Neville) then swarm out at night. By 2012, Neville has not seen another normal human being since the virus' release three years ago, and suspects that the infected have succeeded in killing the remainder of the survivors. Neville finds himself outnumbered by the infected and running out of time.

Neville is also haunted by the intense psychological trauma not only of having everyone he ever knew die, but also being completely isolated from all human contact for three years; his only companions are his dog, Sam, and various department store dummies he has set up and assigned names. Neville eventually comes up with a treatment for the virus, but initially it doesn't appear to work. When he is forced to choke his dog companion to death after an attack by the Infected, he nearly commits suicide by attacking a large group of Infected, but is rescued by a former Red Cross member, Anna, and a child named Ethan. She tells Neville about survivors in the mountains and how the cold made the virus ineffective. Anna says God has told her about a survivor colony in Vermont, but Neville refuses to believe her, telling her that everyone is dead. When the Infected attack Neville's home and overrun it, he, Anna, and Ethan rush into his laboratory in an attempt to survive. When they seal themselves in with one of the Infected Neville was studying, they realize that the ice Neville put on its bed had enabled the treatment to start working. The key component was lowering body temperature, as Anna's clue about the people in the mountain told him. Neville quickly draws blood containing the cure from the patient and gives the vial to Anna. Neville closes Anna and Ethan in a safe with the vial and sacrifices himself, killing the Infected attempting to kill them with a hand grenade. Anna and Ethan eventually discover an isolated community of survivors in Vermont, where the two give the cure to the guards.

Benefit said:
Daisybabe, where do you work that you get passes to all these advance screenings?

My local paper puts a little ad in the entertainment section, usually on Mondays, for a Tuesday screening. You just go to the newspaper office when they open Monday morning and pick up a pass that lets in you and a guest. Then you go to the theater, usually about an hour before the screening starts. They give out hundreds of passes to anyone who wants one, but they only let people in until the theater's full. If you get there late and are in the back of the line, even if you have a pass you are out of luck. Sometimes a radio station or someone from the studio (not like a studio head, just a street team kid) will be there giving out tshirts and other cheap swag.

I see 2-3 movies a week this way, and have been for like 4 years. No fancy networking, no couch-whoring lol.

This past week was Margot at the Wedding, Legend, and Atonement. I turned down a pass for Walk Hard bc that movie is shit and I wouldn't watch it even for free. Otherwise it would have been 4 that week. This coming week is The Savages on Monday and Sweeney Todd on Tuesday.

I love movies, what can I say? Plus its a great cheap date. :p

Daisybabe said:
I turned down a pass for Walk Hard bc that movie is shit and I wouldn't watch it even for free.

WAAALK HAAAAAARD

c'mon, that song is rockin!! Or at least that phrase is. You're prbly right, the movie sucks.

I have to also add that seeing movies this way is a lot of fun. They normally screen at 7 or 7:30, which is the magic golden time of day between when families take the kiddies home for bed but it's too early yet for the obnoxious teenagers to be out.

They are very restrictive about cell phones, as they don't want the movie recorded early. So there is never a ringing phone or someone talking on theirs during the movie.

Because it's not a standard screening, there are no commercials played before the movie starts. There aren't any previews either, but I don't mind that.

Everyone is appreciative of the fact that they are seeing a movie early, and for free, so it's usually a very happy crowd. We cheer in the right spots, boo in the right spots and if it was good, clap at the end. Lol, it's kind of like an adult version of the AV Club from high school.

I don't go see regular movies any more. If I don't see it at a screening, I wait for the dvd.

End of the world movies almost always bomb, but I think this looks great.

Who was it that had to make 2 "end of the world" movies: "Postman" and "Waterworld????" to figure out they don't make money. (Kevin Costner?).

Trying to talk Mrs. Willie in to seeing "Legend" at XMAS.

I enjoyed the film all the way until the ending, which was totally implausible and sucked.

spoiler:

NSFW:
Here, let me give you this tiny vial of my magic blood, while I selfishly and for no good reason kill the rest of myself. Meanwhile, you can carry that vial in your pocket, unprotected, for hundreds, thousands of miles and finally hand it over, magically preserved and unspoiled, for the benefit and salvation of humanity.

Umm yeah. O-kay.

three stars

Skip this movie and watch "The Last Man on Earth" instead.

Can someone tell me how "I am Legend" the book ends? I'm trying to decide where the shitty ending for the film came from. Is that really how the book ends?

I liked the way "The Last Man on Earth" ended much better. Not to mention the whole movie.

the movie wasnt that bad, i dont know why people on the radio and shit are saying that this movie is about vampires though. Will Smith does a great job, hes getting grey hair, unless that was part of the character in the movie

anyways overall 4 stars

NSFW:
I cried when Sam (the dog) died in the movie. And i never cry in movies. i also was shocked when will smith died, i dont think ive seen a movie that he died in