• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 11 30.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 21 58.3%

• Total voters
drrty grrl said:
Why is everyone shitting on Ben?? Ben did a fine job acting. I'm not saying he's the best actor ever but I think he deserves more credit than that.
And he & Matt wrote the script together- it wasn't just Matt [not sure where some of you are getting your info]
These guys are self-made stars so don't hate

you're correct. it was affleck's idea for his character to wear track suits. he likes matching tops and bottoms, makes it simple. also i heard that he came up with the name of "skylar" for minne driver's character.... actually he suggested nylar but it turns out that isnt a real name so they stuck w/ skylar.

;)

this is probably still in my top ten favorite films of all time.

this was my favorite movie for many years. it's still in my top 5. i found that i grew out of relating to will hunting in the same way i grew out of relating to holden caulfield, but it's still an awesome film. i love it.

as an added bonus, it's also what turned me on to elliott smith.

I loved everything about this film... the diolouge, the plot, and the actors... but what I liked best was how you cannot help but fall in love with every single character. :sigh:

willskylar.jpg

I watch this movie exclusively for robin williams character, everything else could be a commercial break for all I care

just watched this on TV, for the first time in years. absolutely brilliant, much better than i remembered. :)

i've never understood the hatin' on robin williams or matt damon at all. perhaps they've appeared in some stinkers (well, williams has anyway) but their performances have always been excellent.

and this particular scene is just amazing:

PinholeStar said:
Robin Williams' finest hour:

"So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny on every art book ever written. Michelangelo, you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that.
If I ask you about women, you'd probably give me a syllabus about your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman and feel truly happy.
You're a tough kid. And I'd ask you about war, you'd probably throw Shakespeare at me, right, "once more unto the breach dear friends." But you've never been near one. You've never held your best friend's head in your lap, watch him gasp his last breath looking to you for help.
I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes, feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, to have that love for her, be there forever, through anything, through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much.
And look at you... I don't see an intelligent, confident man... I see a cocky, scared shitless kid. But you're a genius Will. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a painting of mine, and you ripped my fucking life apart. You're an orphan right?
You think I know the first thing about how hard your life has been, how you feel, who you are, because I read Oliver Twist? Does that encapsulate you? Personally... I don't give a shit about all that, because you know what, I can't learn anything from you, I can't read in some fuckin' book. Unless you want to talk about you, who you are. Then I'm fascinated. I'm in. But you don't want to do that do you sport? You're terrified of what you might say.
Your move, chief."

Absolutely brilliant movie.

Re-watched in on ITV last night, not seen it in years. Damon and Williams performaces are top notch, really drew me into the story, didn't look away for the whole thing.

I saw this movie at a Year 12 retreat. I liked it, unfortunately my class mates kinda ruined the movie watching atmosphere. :\

Bringing up a super old thread from the past but just finished watching this on Iplayer and although I have seen it before years ago, I have to say it is in my top 10 films of all time at the moment until something knocks it out again.

As many people have said before I think it is because I can related to to the character of "Will" a lot, and a lot of other people can too, but not everyone for the same reasons. I can relate definitely to being intelligent and having a lot expected of me, but not anywhere near the level that "Will" did. A lot more in my life was expected of me than I have delivered so far which also makes me relate to "Sean" in the film a lot too as he is seen to have not really "succeeded" in life.

I had a love/hate relationship with the professor though, mostly hate though, although is nice to see peoples weaknesses and them admitting that they are not as great as they thought they were, which is evident several times in this film.

It does have a pretty cheesy ending, with the stealing of the line in the note to Sean and the not being at home when his friends call and him driving off to Cali, but overall I give this a 4.6/5 so that round up to 5. It did make my cry at several points during the film.

Last edited:
Haha, good spot there AR. I obviously meant 5, but still, lol, I guess I am always harsh with my ratings when I watch a film again, it takes a lot for a film to get 100% 5/5. My mind is a bit crazy and when I watch another great film it will probably move it's way into my top 10 too :D

I do think that it is crazy that I never realised that this was written by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck until today though.

It's in your top ten and you gave it a 4.6/10? ;)

I literally typed out that exact same response word for word but decided not to post

I do think that it is crazy that I never realised that this was written by Matt Damon and Ben Affleck until today though.

Yeah man, iirc they even won best screenplay at the Oscars.

Love this movie. Thought they casted it perfectly, including a nice role for an underrated Casey Affleck, and it's a really well rounded movie. Robin Williams is excellent, but I thought every performance in the movie was top notch. I agree that the ending was a tad cheesy, but it didn't ruin the quality of the movie overall for me.

Great movie.............if you like Robin Williams in this movie, you should watch him in "Dead Poets Society", hes pretty good in that movie also.