• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
lacey k said:
The whole thing that makes a movie real scary is that its believable.

i hear what your sayin. but to me, in my opinon a movie doesnt have to be believable to scary. some of the most scary, horror flicks in my opinion are ones that deal with paranormal activity n' ghosts, n' haunted settings, depending if you beleive in those things in real life wouldnt make my point valid =/

As far as horror films go, this is one of the better ones. Descent made me feel the helplessness of the characters. And I did enjoy the ending.

dapurpman said:
i hear what your sayin. but to me, in my opinon a movie doesnt have to be believable to scary. some of the most scary, horror flicks in my opinion are ones that deal with paranormal activity n' ghosts, n' haunted settings, depending if you beleive in those things in real life wouldnt make my point valid =/

Yea well my ass is scared of all them things shit,, Put me in the pj's at 2 am and shits all gravy but start talkin about aliens and shit and im done for...I agree that the scariest shit is the paranormal cuz you cant control and it aint of this level so its creepy...YOu can barricade a door from a monster, but a ghost or alien forget it you cant escape which makes it even scarier.

ANyways, I guess the reason i said this movie wasnt believeable, wasnt because of the content (monsters or whatever) Just that i couldnt believe anyone would be that dumb enough to do all that shit. like every few minutes its "No! Dont go THERE!" I guess wit this movie i just wasnt feelin it, But the funny thing is you said u were diggin pans labyrinth i gotta agree w/u on that one, that movie was dope as hell. yet this didnt do nothin for me, i didnt see this one as much open to interpretation but maybe cuz i was hittin the bacardi at the time, and watchin horror movies while drunk always takes the scary edge off and just makes em funny to me.

lacey k said:
i couldnt believe anyone would be that dumb enough to do all that shit. like every few minutes its "No! Dont go THERE!" ............
and watchin horror movies while drunk always takes the scary edge off and just makes em funny to me.

no doubt, those were dumb breezys, n' that one who led them into that cave i agree with ur other post, she was annoying as hell. n' yea watchin horror movies drunk, def takes the scary edge off, especially, in my opinion if u watchin it with other people too, ive noticed that. but if im alone n' shit watchin something scary late night sober as a judge best believe ill be lookin over my shoulder n' shit, LOL.

captainballs said:
As far as horror films go, this is one of the better ones. Descent made me feel the helplessness of the characters. And I did enjoy the ending.

Same here. Saw it last night (alone in my room, in the dark nyahahaha) and I wasn't the least bit scared tho :! ....well knowing me, it takes a lot to give me the heeby jeebies...) Tight flick, not scary, but conveyed the feeling of incapacitation and helplessness very well. All I can say is, UGH i will never go "caving" ever in my life! I don't have claustrophobia but watching this movie makes me shudder at the thought of getting stuck in a small tunnel where the sun dont shine.
Thats all.

I would have given it 4 stars after I saw it in theaters, but in retrospect I'd say 2. It's wasn't BAD, it just wasn't that GOOD. If it were an option, I would have put it straight in the middle...2 1/2 stars.

the movie kept me interested. no oscar winning performances or anything. just a good "who's afraid of the dark" movie with the right amount of blood.

huntmich said:
Critics have been giving it rave reviews. Check it out at rottentomatoes, its in the 90% range, which means that its generally good.

I rarely agree with Rotten Tomatoes. I mean, HELL, they gave Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas a fucking 43%.

Descent <---- IMDB link for those wondering.

Personally, I like horror films, an while this wasn't a total waste of time, it wasn't all that great either. If I'd watched it when it came out and evaluated it at the time.... maybe I'd rate it better, it'd probably be a notch (make that 1.5 to 2) below SAW and HOSTEL. As it was.....meh. This isn't one to keep in the collection, that's for sure :\

^I agree.

It's worth a watch, but I wouldn't rush to see it again or anything.