• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

smotpoker

Bluelighter
Descent

I'm sure most everyone has seen the trailor by now, made from the same people who made SAW and HOSTEL, it looks like it could be really good. However, it seems like the last 4 or 5 "big" horror flicks to come out have been just a bit disapointing, like Hills Have Eyes (i like just about any horror movie that's R, so I prolly tend to give R-rated horror more credit than due, cause I liked HHE).

If anyone gets a chance to see this this weekend please write a review on it. I look forward to reading it.

Critics have been giving it rave reviews. Check it out at rottentomatoes, its in the 90% range, which means that its generally good.

I gave it a 5, cuz it scared the CRAP out of me. Literally. I shat myself in the theatre. And my screaming startled people more than the movie.

This sounds a lot like The Cave which came out a year or two ago. Anyone seen both?

if it's scary enough to make vibby shit herself then it must be good. i must check this one out.

I saw this just over a week ago at the Melbourne International Film Fest.

Scared the pants off me... in fact I was considering leaving halfway through because I couldn't handle the suspense! :D Haha, it had been a while since I'd seen a horror/thriller flick in a theatre.

There were plenty of talking points too. I'd recommend it if it's your kind of thing (can't really say it's my kind of thing though).

[note]making vibby shit her pants isn't very hard. She screams like a little girl at the drop of a hat.[/note]

I went into this movie with very low expectations. I came out plesantly surprised. It wasn't anything new or breakthrough... but it was at least enjoyable. There was enough suspense to make the cheap scares worthwhile... and there was a fairly significant theme in the character development that was only shown in a few seconds worth of frames... just obtuse enough to be overlooked entirely... but looking back on it was pretty significant. It's certainly worth the rental price. If you are bored on some random weekday it's even worth the matinee price to see it on the big screen.

I have to say that, even though I gave this movie 3 stars (I love horror in general, so someone else might only give it two), I think it was way overhyped and not really that scary. Of course I don't really think any movies are that scary anymore, but this one did have some good parts. I thought the whole idead of being trapped in the cave was scarier than the actual monsters. The monsters I thought were funny. They made the typical "shreeks" that I hear in almost every horror movie made nowadays. And although it was bloody, the camera moved around so damn fast you really couldn't tell what was going on.

All in all, not bad, not great. Worth a look if you like horror.

I'm almost 100% sure there is another thread for this film??

Anyway I loved the film, loved the 'twist' at the end and I totally shat myself at the start, both when the pole went through the car windscreen and when it went through the window when she was dreaming. Great film and it was filmed not far from where I live in Scotland.

I saw this the other day.

I would rate the first half to be very good...very suspensful and nerveracking..it combined a lot of very common human fears such as claustrophobia, heights, and of course, creepy things lurking in the dark.

My only complaints were that once the creepy people/monsters/whatever the hell they were actually showed up, I felt a lot of the suspense was gone. For me the scariest part in this movie was right before the action started..when they were just starting to figure out that they were not alone down there. After that it was still pretty creepy in concept..but I didnt feel the suspense anymore.

I also thought the ending was stupid...kind of unneccessary and random if you asked me.

Overall an ok horror movie..better than most. I wont say too much to spoil it for anyone who hasnt seen it but the best damn moment in the whole movie was the part with the video camera (when everything starts happening). Everyone in the theater freaked at that part.

MynameisnotDeja said:
I saw this the other day.

I would rate the first half to be very good...very suspensful and nerveracking..it combined a lot of very common human fears such as claustrophobia, heights, and of course, creepy things lurking in the dark.

My only complaints were that once the creepy people/monsters/whatever the hell they were actually showed up, I felt a lot of the suspense was gone. For me the scariest part in this movie was right before the action started..when they were just starting to figure out that they were not alone down there. After that it was still pretty creepy in concept..but I didnt feel the suspense anymore.

I also thought the ending was stupid...kind of unneccessary and random if you asked me.

These are my sentiments as well. Good movie overall, better than the last few "horror" movies I've seen for sure. The general concept for this movie is fuckin sweet, however, I think it turned hokey when the ghouls came around. When the girl got stuck in the crawl space and the rock slid down a couple inches further limiting her space, I almost stopped breathing. I didn't know I was claustrophobic like that.

The chics were pretty hot too, I will give the movie that credit. :)

It deffinately put me off caving for a while though (not that I do it anyway).

I missed the bloody part where you saw the creature through the camera because right when it happened I was trying to pick up my fucking phone that I'd dropped down the side of the seat so I didn't see that till I watched the DVD.

Deathrow558 said:
It deffinately put me off caving for a while though (not that I do it anyway).

I missed the bloody part where you saw the creature through the camera because right when it happened I was trying to pick up my fucking phone that I'd dropped down the side of the seat so I didn't see that till I watched the DVD.

That's what you deserve for having your phone out during a movie. Anyways,I liked the character development instead or bringing on the monsters in the first five minutes.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS****************MY main problems were,that for a virtually undiscovered cave,there were enough bones down there to populate a small town. I know the characters mentioned that the creatures ventured out of the cave in search of food,but these creaures were completely blind. Seems like it would make it hard for them to catch as many people as they did. Not to mention that if that many people went missing in that area,I think the police would have discovered them years ago.

Also,I don't think that the main girl(can't remember her name)was justified in stabbing the other girl in leg leaving her for dead. It wasn't like she killed the other friend on purpose. Sjhe was being attacked by a creature and her friend was dumb enough to creep up behind her at the exact moment she stood up with a sharp dagger. If I had just nearly died by being attacked by something that looked like a demon and just visciously stabbed it to death,I'd swing on the first motherfucker I sensed behind me. Othrwise,it was a fun movie.

Saw this last year. I think it was the first all girl horror flick I've ever seen. Not bad. Worth three and a half stars, I'd say.

aw man, i saw this shit last night and it just sucked.....it was the farthest thing from scary...My cuz was like "yo u gotta see this shit it so scary i cant even watch it with the lights out" so i was like aight....It was fuckin wack. I hate horror movies that rely on people bein STUPID in order for all the bad shit to happen. if there wasnt a group of dumb ass bitches who blindly followed some evil tour guide to the wrong cave, then went down there with no provisions or emergency shit other than enough for like 1 hour, then there wouldnt even be this movie.

I cant get scared at a movie that makes me say "WTF, thats retarded, in real life no one would _____" every 10 minutes.

The whole thing that makes a movie real scary is that its believable. and this shit wasnt... im pretty suprised how many people liked this and thought it was high quality. cuz aside from the not scary part, it just seemed pretty corny n cheesy and obvious what was gonna happen. it seemed like every other cheap horror movie that comes out, none of that crazy mental thrilling shit where it gets you on the edge of the seat, and the acting n shit was beat. plus the bitches were annoying

i just watched this, n' i thought id bump this thread for one reason, i read an interview with the director/writer of this movie and he says that

NSFW:
For whatever reason they preferred the idea that she made it out of the cave. Fair enough, she’s killed all her friends but she’s out of the cave
referring to sara

i thought that was a sick twist n' i give it more props for that.

here is the interview if anyone is interested http://dreadcentral.com/index.php?name=Interviews&req=showcontent&id=153

he Insanity Theory

Many fans of this film argue that the monsters did not exist at all. Several clues exist to support this notion, most notably that Sarah has been through an extremely traumatic experience already and has previously suffered from hallucinations. The Insanity Theory posits that Sarah herself either killed or left her companions to die. An interview with director Neil Marshall at dreadcentral.com lends further credence to the theory, as he states "...she's killed all her friends...". [3]

Marshall acknowledges this theory in the DVD commentary, yet says that this is only one possible interpretation. The fact that a sequel is being planned may support the theory that the monsters were real.

thats dope, cause i dig films that open to interpreatation n' u can make up your own ideas, one of the reason i really liked pans labyrinth