Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: Burn After Reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

ControlDenied

Bluelighter
Christ in a nutshell! I can't believe no one's started a thread on this film (at least, I couldn't find one).

This is the Cohen brothers latest. As usual, they are in top form, delivering a film that is many things: funny, evil, deep, shallow, quasi-mystical, and horribly, depressingly mundane. It is about American life, bureaucracy, and stereotypes. The actors are incredible: Frances Mcdormand (or whatever her name is) is excellent as usual, George Clooney is well, George Clooney, Brad Pitt is hilarious, and for the first time I have actually enjoyed watching John Malkovich. I found his weird mix of fagginess and masculine rage actually ver fitting for this film. Each actor almost plays a part that fits well with their "personality", which is how casting should be done, and it's excellent. The script is typically awesomely Cohen bros.

What can I say, this movie is great, and Thou Shalt Viewit. Now!!!! Think of it is a spy thriller with absolutely no real intrigue, except a bunch of real-life idiots pretending they are important. A thriller where the thrill is watching morons think they are living in a movie, when really they are living in America.

("What?? the Russians? Why would they take it to the Russians?"..."What have we learned... absolutely nothing.")

One only need to look in the F&T index thread towards the top. There, you would have found this thread. Burn After Reading Just cut and paste your comment into that thread. I loved it too, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.