• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters
eggman88888 said:
Anyone able to fill me in on what is on all 5 disks?

Disc 1 has the Final Cut remastered version of the film with commentaries by Ridley Scott, the producers & visual design & effects team. It's not massively different to the Director's Cut, but does have a lot of very subtle changes & tweaks, & it looks & sounds astonishing. Definitely worth it for this alone.

Disc 2 is the Dangerous Days making-of documentary, which is a film in itself & is fascinating.

Disc 3 contains the original US theatre cut, the original International cut & the first Director's cut which came out in '92, all digitally remastered & re-recorded from the original six-track audio.

Disc 4 is the Enhancement Archive, which is a series of featurettes about various aspects of the production & story such as visual & costume design & a feature on Philip K. Dick.

Disc 5 is a workprint version of the film, never before seen & also has a feature on the making of the Final Cut release.

That about covers it, I think.

The Final Cut looks and sounds amazing. Well worth a rental (I bought the 4 disc version). If you have a large LCD or plasma...drool.

NSFW:
Im still confused on the whole unicorn issue. Deckard has this waking dream of a unicorn, and Gaff's unicorn at the end. Thus proving he is a replicant. Supposedly. Wouldn't Tyrell know? And wouldn't Deckard not be a complete piece of shit, an alcoholic, and have superior abilities?

jpgrdnr said:
NSFW:
Im still confused on the whole unicorn issue. Deckard has this waking dream of a unicorn, and Gaff's unicorn at the end. Thus proving he is a replicant. Supposedly. Wouldn't Tyrell know? And wouldn't Deckard not be a complete piece of shit, an alcoholic, and have superior abilities?

NSFW:
Just because Deckard's a replicant, it doesn't necessarily mean that he too is a Nexus-6 nor in any way "perfect". Chances are that he's an earlier, flawed model, but if you consider that it's his job to hunt down replicants it adds weight to the argument that he is one himself - it's a tough job to say the least.

The Tyrell Corporation isn't the only one that creates replicants either. And if Tyrell did know, why would he have to say something? Look at how he toys with Deckard when he does the Voight-Kampff test on Rachael: deliberately misleading him & initially withholding the truth.

The new 3CD OST release sucks btw.

Disc 1 is the stupid old OST remastered. :X
Disc 2 are some cues with added new stuff & remixed. Not great. :X
Disc 3 is new stuff and therefore has absolutely zip to do with BR. :X

Not worth it unless you're a Vangelis junkie. :p

Fans (that's me) were expecting something like the Esper Edition <3 , possibly with better sound quality.
That's not going to happen. Ever.
Save your money.
Fortunately I got to download the discs for research purposes so it didn't cost me.
Definitely not worth a CDR so I trashed them afterwards.

i picked up the 4 disc set from amazon, and just watched the new version. I was never that familiar with the film, so i can't say which version i like best. I had seen it before many years ago and thought it was quirky.

my recent screening i liked. lots of very beautiful subtleties.

i don't understand how
the unicorn daydream and paper animal prove anything let alone deckard being a replicant himself. i like the idea, but i can't connect the dots to that conclusion
also, is the city over or under crowded. at the one hand, the streets are packed, then on another the buildings are empty (as described in the first chapter in the book (as far as i've read recently))

^I wouldn't try to draw too many parallels between the film and the book because they are fairly different.

the building occupancy situation is in the film too.

NSFW:

Deckard: Memories. You're talking about memories.

So Tyrell has decided to start implanting the replicants with memories. Some of the replicants even have photos of these memories. It's a fairly important theme, especially among Leon, Rachel, and Roy ("I've watched sea beams glitter in the dark...")

The final piece of origami that Gaff leaves is a hint that he knows about the subject's memories and dreams. I don't see what Tyrell knowing has to do with it. I always assumed he knew. Maybe I'm missing the point.

^^ I guess I just don't like that conclusion. I think I would have preferred more ambiguity.

NSFW:
I also just personally don't see Ford as a replicant, or acting in any way like Roy Batty, etc. I don't think Ford "played" Deckard in that way, as someone
who discovers they're not human.

I think there's a lot of friction between the original voice-over cut and the other two. For one Deckard mentions he was married in the VO.

Also, I've always somewhat connected the dots between the unicorn and Rachel. Rachel being a replicant that doesn't have a 4 year lifespan. Which is in the original. Sort of a message from Gaff saying that he won't follow them.

NSFW:
I think the scene would be different where Deckard interviews Rachel if Tyrell knows Deckard is a replicant. Tyrell would have toyed with Deckard more or even less (I want to see a negative before I give you a positive...). But then again Tyrell is a replicant as well. Its also strange too that Deckard knows before hand that he is interviewing a Nexus 6

I think its almost better, in my mind, not to draw that conclusion of the unicorn,
as almost an absurdity or a coincidence. Something like the blue key in Mulholland Drive, where the meaning/symbolism isn't stated directly.

Last edited:
actually the blue key's meaning in MD is stated pretty very directly imo (sorry to contradict).

but anyway
tyrell's a replicant? how did i miss that!?

banquo connected some dots for me (thanks dude). but i still don't think some of the ideas were done that well.

^^ L2R, that's more storyboarding that was left out. Again, its not something that was stated directly, but after Roy goes and sees Tyrell there was an idea of a scene after that which showed it.

NSFW:
Roy kills the real Tyrell in some sort of stasis. There's a few canon-type stuff that supports this.

eek.

i'm going to get to watching the other version. perhaps the narration i've heard so much about will shed some light.

the subtlties are overly subtle, and therefore the film loses out to them imo. whilst i don't need my hand held and led through a movie, and hate it when it is, this is the extreme other case.

morseo than lynch films imo. at least with lynch they have their own twisted logic.

He Say You Brade Runna...

the building occupancy situation is in the film too.
From memory, large areas of land are contaminated, meaning the cities are supposed to be densely populated in communal areas. But people want to get off earth, as evidenced by the conversation between Pris and Sebastian:

Pris: What's your problem?
Sebastian: Methuselah's syndrome.
Pris: What's that?
Sebastian: My glands. They grow old too fast.
Pris: Is that why you're still on earth?
Sebastian: Yeah, I couldn't pass the medical. Anyway, I kind of like it here.