Votes: 2 33.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
No shit. What the hell happened to this man?

He won his Oscar and has sucked pretty much without fail ever since. There were a few exceptions, but not enough to forgive abortions of cinema like Ghost Rider and Face Off.

What are you talking about Amor?!?!?!?!?!??!! This movie is gon' be off the chain!!!!!!! =D

why does everyone say nicholas cage sucks?

i never really pondered it, but it doesn't seem obvious to me

about bangkok dangerous. i've seen the trailer, and i'm a bit afraid that it's going to show only one aspect of the city
the same aspect that many people see (or often go there for) when going where the guide book tells them to go, and then go back believing they know what thailand is about

steinanwine said:
What are you talking about Amor?!?!?!?!?!??!! This movie is gon' be off the chain!!!!!!! =D
This is why you and I can never be movie buddies. Which makes me sad. You seem like such good people.:(

^ Do you honestly think I was being serious???

I used the phrase "off the chain" .... come on now HNIF, haha ... so maybe we can be movie buddies after all?

Of course. But I'm not buying you anything from the concession. Bring a big purse and we'll hit the Dollar Tree up for some snacks first.

^ stein is going to love you for saying that. You GOTTA pick up some Sour Patch Kids before you hit the theater. Bringing a can of soda is always fun too. Trying to discreetly open the can in the theater. Hahaha.

vegan said:
why does everyone say nicholas cage sucks?

i never really pondered it, but it doesn't seem obvious to me

about bangkok dangerous. i've seen the trailer, and i'm a bit afraid that it's going to show only one aspect of the city
the same aspect that many people see (or often go there for) when going where the guide book tells them to go, and then go back believing they know what thailand is about

I doubt there's anyone who's going to watch this movie that knows Bangkok is in Thailand. Don't worry. ;)

I don't think Nicholas Cages sucks and I think quite the opposite really. That's why the fact that he's doing crappy movies is particularly a shame. Waste of talent.

AmorRoark said:
^ stein is going to love you for saying that. You GOTTA pick up some Sour Patch Kids before you hit the theater. Bringing a can of soda is always fun too. Trying to discreetly open the can in the theater. Hahaha.

I used to take great joy in confiscating people's contraband candy when I ran a theatre. But nothing aggravated me more than when people would try to smuggle in fast food. It's one thing to bring in candy and soda, but when a motherfucker starts chowing down on a quarter pounder with extra onions, it's going to stink up the whole auditorium. Not to mention they would almost always drop half their fries on the floor and proceed to mash them into the ground.

As much as I loved that job, it really made me hate human beings even more than I already did.

^ You can't blame people for bringing candy into a theater that's charing 9.50 for a fucking Snickers. Ok, that might be an over-estimate but seriously... AMC already got my 12 $ at the door.

I agree that bringing a cheeseburger or any food that would smelly and/or messy up the theater is fucking disgusting and they should be on 'the list' in terms of being allowed in the building.

The smaller theaters that aren't owned by a corporate giant get my money at the door at at the stand, however.

ego_loss said:
I used to take great joy in confiscating people's contraband candy when I ran a theatre. But nothing aggravated me more than when people would try to smuggle in fast food. It's one thing to bring in candy and soda, but when a motherfucker starts chowing down on a quarter pounder with extra onions, it's going to stink up the whole auditorium. Not to mention they would almost always drop half their fries on the floor and proceed to mash them into the ground.

As much as I loved that job, it really made me hate human beings even more than I already did.
I'll bet you were the hall monitor in school. If you ever tried to put your grubby hands on my clandestine candy, you would have been rolling in the aisles.

I'll pay the $4.00 for the damn drink. Only because it's damn near impossible to smuggle in a fountain drink.

HNIF, did you somehow know, deep in your heart, that I am a HUGE Dollar Tree fan. Like, really obsessed. I was planning to go today, that was my big plan for the day, but I didn't even do that.

For some reason I almost never smuggle food or candy into the theater. I don't have the foresight to plan that. I would get a drink at the concession but then I'd have to pee 15 times during the movie, so I suffer in hunger and thirst, but its okay, after 10.50 for a movie I'd feel like shit buying anything else anyway.

This movie actually looks alright, maybe because I lived over so anything featuring Bangkok will get my attention.

But yea the movie is a remake of an asian version, which usually turn out well. Also the Pang brothers have been involved in the most memorable of Thai movies.

Also the cinematography looks to be good. I'm just curious as to see how the Thai government react to this plot. Issues involving politicians have always been a touchy subject in the country.

AmorRoark said:
^ You can't blame people for bringing candy into a theater that's charing 9.50 for a fucking Snickers. Ok, that might be an over-estimate but seriously... AMC already got my 12 $ at the door.

No they didn't. The studios got your $12. AMC, and all the other exhibitors only get a small percentage of the actual ticket price.

Concessions are expensive, yes, but that is seriously the only place the theatre makes any profit.

hisnameisdouchebag said:
I'll bet you were the hall monitor in school. If you ever tried to put your grubby hands on my clandestine candy, you would have been rolling in the aisles.

It was rarely ever myself that actually did the confiscating. We paid the local police to moonlight for us. Any time we had a problem we'd just tell the uniformed officer that was stationed in the building and he'd take care of it.

We generally operated with this basic guideline: If you are obviously bringing contraband into the auditorium, we'd either confiscate it or refuse you entry. However, if you could get it into the auditorium without us knowing about it before the lights go down... more power to you. This policy applied to everyone. Even employees and managers. I had to pay the same price for my popcorn as everyone else.

Back on topic:

Nic Cage really needs to fire his agent and cut his hair. 'Nuff said.

Yeah. Telling on people. Much more noble.

Oh yeah. Back on topic. They always add hair to people like Bruce Willis, Nic Cage and Tom Hanks. They have as much real hair as you have charm and wit. This movie will be lacking in the good department, I'm sure.

Ya'll fools be making Nicolas crazy wit all this Cage bashing. And you don't want him to come in here.

crazy_laugh.JPG

steinawine said:
HNIF, did you somehow know, deep in your heart, that I am a HUGE Dollar Tree fan. Like, really obsessed. I was planning to go today, that was my big plan for the day, but I didn't even do that.

I pratically go there every day. Where else can you buy 20 items for under $22.00? I've got a drawer full of those 8 pack AA batteries. Must be like 14 packs in there. And I don't even need them. But, I digress. Bangkok Dangerous. Continue........

No they didn't. The studios got your $12. AMC, and all the other exhibitors only get a small percentage of the actual ticket price.

Concessions are expensive, yes, but that is seriously the only place the theatre makes any profit.

It was rarely ever myself that actually did the confiscating. We paid the local police to moonlight for us. Any time we had a problem we'd just tell the uniformed officer that was stationed in the building and he'd take care of it.

We generally operated with this basic guideline: If you are obviously bringing contraband into the auditorium, we'd either confiscate it or refuse you entry. However, if you could get it into the auditorium without us knowing about it before the lights go down... more power to you. This policy applied to everyone. Even employees and managers. I had to pay the same price for my popcorn as everyone else.

Back on topic:

Nic Cage really needs to fire his agent and cut his hair. 'Nuff said.

Bumping because I re-thought this.

Recently while in the theater I started thinking about how there were so many people in the lines for snacks and soda, and how the owners of those chains must be cleaning up for real and I started to feel justified in my sneaking stuff in (I hardly ever do this because I almost never want candy at any time... plus I gave up soda).

But then I thought about the whole 'if everybody snuck candy in....' argument and realized I was being irrational. At the same time I feel like theaters *drain* people of money because they can. People are willing to pay loads for snacks while they're watching movies. They associate going to the movies with popcorn eating and thus shell up. That or they feel pressured by who knows, a possible S/O during a date? to buy it.

Regardless, the prices are outrageous. I find the independent theaters don't charge as much and they're still running... how is this possible? Oh, because they don't take complete advantage of people. I realize this is just your every day 'supply/demand' scenario but it still annoys the shit out of me. :\