⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: 28 Days Later

Fried Man said:
so, was only great britian infected and the rest of the world was still going on normally?

********SPOILERS************

Yeah, only Great Britain was infected. When Jim sees the airplane flying overhead, that pretty much confirmed what the prisoner told him when they were stuck in the jail cell.

I heard a theory somewhere that the whole story is actually a political allegory - a metaphor for what will happen to the UK if they don't join the EU. "What are they gonna do with a diseased little island?" I don't know if Danny Boyle intended that, but I can definately see the subtext.

I liked the movie even though I admit it had flaws.
The most obvious one was " spot the sponsors"

For example:
Tango
Lilt
Pepsi
Malteasers
The National Lottery
Terry's Chocolate Orange
I'm sure there is more.

And the second ending did suck, I have to admit.

lilt! i wonder why there's no lilt in north america.. i remember drinking a 5th of safeway gin in london and when we ran out of tonic water, having to resort to using lilt from the vending machine as a mixer.. its not that bad.

oh, yeah.. i liked the movie, but i agree with everyone else that it kind of lost the plot once they got to the military compound. the digicam photography made everything seem very gritty and real. apparently, one of the reasons for shooting it on digital was that they were only able to get authorization to shut those busy london streets down for an hour at a time, and there would've been not enough time to set up traditional movie cameras..

^I remember hearing somewhere that they used nude people to stop traffic, while they ran in and shot certain scenes in parts of London. That they weren't permitted to shut down the streets or parts of London that thsy shot the movie in.

vegan said:
one thing to say : first scene - godspeed you black emperor! - the sad mafioso
hell yeah. gy!tbe is just amazing....
as for the movie:
14.gif
14.gif

FuncrusherPlus said:
I'm pretty sure they said something about just Great Britain being infected and the rest of the world WAS going on normally somewhere in the movie.

I thought it was mentioned somewhere that other places were affected as well..?? Oh well I was drunk when I watched it...

I thought this movie was great and I think the horror aspect of the movie revolved more around the character interaction for me than the whole virus/zombie thing. The whole *spoiler* scene in the castle in which the soldiers are planning on raping the women I found to be the scariest part in the movie.

Overall as mentioned above I found it to be more of an insightful social commentary than a horror movie and appreciated it for that. I can't believe critics would complain about the nudity - *shock, horror* We all have genitals... The nudity at the start just made the movie more real for me rather than the hollywood hide behind what christians would want to see, not reality kind of crap.

My favourite scene was definately when the guy, got a cut on his arm and the chick hacked into his forearm (as he was trying to defend himself) and his head. It was unexpected, graphic, shocking and I loved it...

i finally got round to seeing this last night and was very impressed. i felt that it was a little slow to find it's own place - the scenes of jim walking round a deserted london, while striking and chilling, just seemed a little cliched.

however, there's a lot to like about this movie - great acting by a not-well-known cast and some great shots.

alasdair

Fantastic movie. Creepy and a bit off-kilter all the way through.

Alex Garland is one of my favortie writers.

Missed out on the second ending.
Enjoyed the film, dragged on a bit at times. It had its moments - I thought that it was well thought out for a rather 'simple' premise. I felt like the first ending was a bit too 'convenient' - though if it was up to me I would have ended at the same point. Great film.

This is one of those rare movies that gets better after repeat viewings. The first time I just thought it was OK. The second,I was very impressed. I just watched it again last night. Managed to snag it for under $2.00 on DVD. I was really blown away by how great this movie is. I love the nightmare scenario of Jim waking up to Hell on earth. The acting was great,especially by Cillian Murphy(Jim),Naomi Harris(Selena) and Alexander Delamere(the young girl's father). It's rare to find a horror movie that actually takes the time to develop the characters. Actually have you care for them.
I cringe every time the girl's father is about to be infected. He's such a loveable father character that it saddens you to know he's about to die.
I never got the chance to see 28 Weeks Later in theaters,but just ordered it on Netflix.