• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Fighting Fire With Fire? Hair Of The Dog?

yteek

Bluelighter
Fighting Fire With Fire? UPDATE

Marijuana, the double edged sword. I have had many of my life's best times while being a regular user of marijuana and the absolute worse.

When it was all said and done I needed to stop.Anxiety, paranoia, panic, OCD, and I'd assume it align with psychosis based on the state I found myself. Of course with stopping some of this eased but when you're in that state of mind daily for quite some time, I certainly feel it molds your train of thought, and till this day many aspects of the mindset have embedded in my pysche for the worst.

Looking back at some of my peaks in life, marijuana was there, and despite marijuana being a catalyst for my lowest of lows, I'm tempted to experiment. I've dabbled since stopping, a toke here or there, ranging from the worst case scenario of impending doom to a mildly enjoyable time.

Now, my idea comes into play, baring the brunt head on, fighting fire with fire, make use of the hair of the dog from the same one that bit me. Attempting to smoke daily, heavily, for about a month, as an attempt to build immunity/tolerance and perhaps make use of the beneficial side effects. I've tried this before and every time within days I felt it was too much to handle, but perhaps there is a light at the end of the tunnel?

In the past a few highs have set me back I feel quite a bit, but who knows, maybe if I just go at it full force, it may work in my favor? Personally, a little critical thought tells me bad idea, this can be really destructive, but I'm desperate.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
continued daily use goes like this: If you smoke before bedtime only, your going to conserve. If I wake and bake, I can chomp through a gram easy, a few weeks later your so filled with THC metabolites and shit, that you feel very foggy. I dunno man. Daily use is cool if you have the money, if not prepare to spend hundreds a month

My brutha,

I'm almost 3 weeks into not smoking after about 9 years of smoking (with a week break here and there- by here and there i mean once every 2-3 years which really isnt a break) I am also talking about potent high grade herbs for 8 of those years. I used the taper off method for 2 weeks -- got a few chocolate bars and other edibles and started eating less and less everyday. I was getting similar effects to you before i began to taper off. Super burnt out feeling, anxious as hell, overthinking, memory problems, depression, psychosis, and not even feeling creative. It lost its "pizzaz" so to speak. People can say what they want but I spent a long time using herb and while I had my times where it helped me immensely, it also was holding me back ---yeah i admit that. It just came to a time where I had to stop and rethink what I am doing with myself and the little money I have.

When I ran out of edibles I decided not to buy anymore and go without the herb for a while. Within the last few days I can safely say I have finally came down from the cloud (well technically another galaxy after smoking so long and such potent herbs). It helped sooooo much to taper with the edibles. The first 2 weeks of no smoke or edibles I had headaches everyday and sleeping sucked...intense dreams, night sweats (not the worst case of sweats but still had some), and just shit sleep. Depression worsened ten fold and I definitely contemplated ending my life (just being honest don't judge me plz) and focusing was really hard too. Thankfully I picked up more hours working and that helped keep my mind off not smoking. I might re visit in a month or 2 but I am enjoying not smoking and enjoying it as a challenge to test myself. So this leads me to say --- my advice to you:

Follow your heart/intuition. If you are hating the way it makes you feel and you believe in yourself -- then you can stop. Just stay busy and try to find something to take your mind off not smoking. Fighting fire with fire was not going to work for me but that's my experience and everyone is different. Follow your gut. I f***ing love herb especially when its potent and grown with tender love and care but Mary Jane was taking away my potential. Follow your intuition!!! If it is hard for you then just know that in time you will be doing much better. I blew it big (not trying to brag, just being real) so if I can do it, anyone can.

ps - an intense mushroom journey helped bring these thoughts to me so I knew deep inside I had to do it. Be well young og

Last edited:
If you plan on doing it daily, get a vaporizer. Your lungs and wallet will thank you.
Once you develop a bit of a tolerance you'll be able to go about experimenting with a level head.

Vapes are also a more clear headed experience anyways.

continued daily use goes like this: If you smoke before bedtime only, your going to conserve. If I wake and bake, I can chomp through a gram easy, a few weeks later your so filled with THC metabolites and shit, that you feel very foggy. I dunno man. Daily use is cool if you have the money, if not prepare to spend hundreds a month

*snicker*
So if you HAVE the money you don't have to spend hundreds? 8) I kid.

I re emphasize; Get a vaporizer!
I can survive on a quarter OZ for a month if needed but I prefer a half OZ. I use it daily, I get pretty high too. No real ill side effects other than dry mouth.

Last edited:
I guess if you really must use some sort of substance or get high by chemical means, there are much more harmful ways to go about it.

As someone who smokes regularly, but used to smoke a whole lot more and have experienced the things you talk about... I wouldn't really suggest going back to old habits if you can help it. Surely there must be a healthy way to scratch the itch, but there are downsides to everything if you look for them. I'll be honest, the less I smoke the better I feel the next day it seems- not always so black in white but in general I mean. Also, the more I smoke the more I crave it and the less I smoke the less I crave it.

I think you know all the consequences and what not as having already gone through them, the question you have to ask yourself is if you really want to do it all again and if it's all worth it. That's something no one else can really decide for you, just hope that you do what is best for yourself.

Ended up smoking, no pussy footing with a wispy hit or two, smoking...

Anyway, held my shit together while pretty much high as fuck. Actually had a pretty decent time, any negative flack that came into mind I handled with reason. I think my time sober, kinda gave me a more solidified base on some issues, especially some of those irrationals that come into head when high.

Today, I have derealization/depersonlization. Hopefully it will pass quickly, perhaps just a bit of hangover.

It helped with a neurological disorder I have that causes stagnant muscle tension and pulling, but I also have tics, and I feel as if the marijuana aggravated that.

Last night, I was thinking I may just start smoking daily, today I'm not sure, I enjoy a clear head.

Last edited:
Don't start smoking Daily again man, It's not worth feeling very stressed when you run out.

People can say whatever they want about it not being addicting, but trust me, you will be very uncomfortable when you run out. It's a crutch bro.

This applies to High-Grade and Wax daily usage. I know a few people who smoke Regs/Mids and have no problem when they run out.

I have been consuming some mid-grade Sativa for a few days now, I barely crave it. I feel better 'mentally'. The high grade stuff really leaves me lethargic

It never was about running out, never had an issue on that front, it was the feelings in them self.

Smoked again the other day, feeling content without it.

Much rather wait to medicinals are more widely available and I could make use of some high cbd with little thc.

Last edited: